IGNORED

Anyone Remember What They Were Doing.......

BS4 on Tour...

Absolutely amazing night & the highlight of 30 years watching City (shows our level). Things that stand out:-

• "50p to look after your car mister?". Thought this was a myth. Payed up. Grown man scared of two 8-year-olds.
  • Driving to a match! Did I not drink back then. Suppose I wouldn't have got home afterwards
  • Lime & Purple! I hear so many slag it off, but a great kit
  • When the FA cup mattered. Oh to bring that back
  • Our away crowd the size of our home crowd
  • Ending up 4 rows of seats in front of me after the goal, but IT DIDN'T MATTER! (bring back terraces)
  • Drink Up Thy Cider sung louder than I've heard it before or since
  • Russell Osman & the team clapping us afterwards
  • The Kop clapping our team off - full respect to them (probably because we'd dome them a favour)

Somehow football just doesn't seem that fun any more.

Wasn't there a great hoo-ha in the next round when Charlton only gave us about 700 seats for the game at their place?

The kids around where I used to live near Maine Road used to do the same for Man City home matches: my dad took a novel approach when he came up for one game: couple of urchins gave it the whole "watch your car, mister" spiel, to which my dad replied "I know who you are, I'll remember your face, and if I come back and my car is touched, I'll find you and I'll kill you." Amazing enough, no marks when we got back.

In a hotel in High Wycombe at a Business meeting. Decided to get an early night ( for the first time ever). Went to bed and put the light off). Then decided that although we surely would have lost, I wouldn't be able to sleep without knowing the score so turned teletext on. Saw the score and got up and dressed and back down. to the bar until 4am to celebrate ( decided it was a sign that not boozing was a daft idea).

Never went to bed early again.

3 car loads left the Three tuns in chepstow around 1500hrs.......included a couple of scousers who had come to AG with us for the previous games...

Mate was arrested in the ground for "looking drunk"...........he proceeded to watch the game on CCTV in the cells apparently - released right after final whistle so no hold up

Bit worse for wear I admit but best memories are seeing Llewy hitting the byeline and crossing several times so knew we were doing well..........the goal of course.......drink up thee zider celebrations which seemed to go on for ever........looking up and seeing the kop waiting to show appreciation to our players........scousers outside after thanking us

Wonderful day, wonderful memories, and the 4-0 thrashing of stockport in the next round........(not going to mention the crap trip to Charlton for replay in the 5th)

Me and my mate decided to get his old man to take us up at the last minute. There were no tickets left in the city end so we went up and stood on the Kop!

Tried so so hard not to jump about as Tinman smashed that goal in.

Remember there was some bloke in a g*shead shirt stood near us - and me and my mate making some choice remarks to him on the way out - something along the lines of "ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha unlucky gas 'ead bastard" - not quite as witty as I would have liked but hey we were only 16.

Outside the ground there was coach after coach of city fans - such a great night, never to be forgotten!

CTID

Archived