IGNORED

Anyone Remember What They Were Doing.......

BS4 on Tour...

The reality is that, it's very sad that this match is up there as one of our greatest acheivements. We are still one of footballs greatest ever under acheivers. Bradford have now overtaken us, as far as cups go.

We were FA Cup finalists in 1909 and I believe First Divvy Runners Up in those years.

Some might say Bradford have over taken us if they win!

Been trying to find an online video of the goal all week so I could send it to my my Liverpool supporting mates.

Its the little things in life that get you through!

Was tucked up in bed listening to the radio as a kid with school the next day.

Hot off the press, I've just uploaded this report on the game from BBC Sportsnight:

http://youtu.be/a15G2NDiU78

Went up on a minibus from briz and we were in Liverpool for 2pm...think it was the first time Adelphi got shut due to football fans !!! Hammered by the time we got there but remember it like yesterday. After game we went crack into Liverpool centre and left at 2am and got back at 5am and was in work for 8am.

Great night and great company with the boys from the Pilgrim in Briz

Had an exam that day so couldnt go, ended up watching it on a big screen at whitchurch sports centre. Don't know who the commentator was but I can still hear his desperate voice pleading for city to hang on! Brilliant night but had to feel for Stockport they were sure they would be playing Liverpool. Went up for the rearranged game well worth it.

Fantastic night,

I remember Liverpool fans had painted 'Sounness out' on the walls around the Gate for the first match and thinking we were doomed when they scored quite early. Then big Wayne popped up and then the lights went out.

What makes the hairs on my neck still stand up is how all of the Kop stayed behind to applaud the City team off at the end. Also remember the stadium announcer (who sounds like the same bloke that's there now) asking us to make our way out of the stadium, as we stayed behind to celebrate for ages.

Fantastic night,

I remember Liverpool fans had painted 'Sounness out' on the walls around the Gate for the first match and thinking we were doomed when they scored quite early. Then big Wayne popped up and then the lights went out.

What makes the hairs on my neck still stand up is how all of the Kop stayed behind to applaud the City team off at the end. Also remember the stadium announcer (who sounds like the same bloke that's there now) asking us to make our way out of the stadium, as we stayed behind to celebrate for ages.

the bloke on the tannoy at anfield has been doing that job for 50 odd years

Best footballing night of my life, I remember when we scored looking up at the stand above me and seeing a few celebrating city fans jumping around in a sea of seated scousers, and a few lads on our coach winding up their fans by wearing harry enfield scouser wigs and telling them to "calm down calm down " as we drove through the city, it really pissed them off.

Was living in Manchester at the time, straight to Liverpool after work, at the match, then drove back , stopping at the first pub we found outside of Liverpool, and necked a few celebratory pints before last orders.

A friend of mine (Manchester United fan) had started work that week at a new firm in Liverpool: the day of the game a sweep was sent around, with most the lads going got hefty Liverpool wins. He picked 1-0 to us, and thus pissed off a load of his work colleagues thereafter.

Would be in a City traffic jam at the about this time! Just as if I were in Bristol with thousands of City fans driving home!

Don't remember it being cold.

The greasy spoon tea I had was repeating on me! The toilet in this Liverpool cafe was upstairs and I can remember having grease on my hand after using handrail coming back down to our table.

WHAT A NIGHT! My other GREAT City attendance was 'up the Arse' 1976! Frankly if that were all I have to keep the love for City, it's enough for me! But there is and will, be more!

P.S. Will also never forget the Kop clapping City team at end of game!

But we're not interested in the cup!

I watch football in the hope that I can walk out at the end of the game thinking, that was fantastic, I'm glad I was here to see it. Some of the best times I've had in a ground have been watching cup matches. This was one of them.

We should take the cup more seriously. It can be brilliant knockout football (ask Bradford) and it's part of the season after all.

I was only 14 at the time. Never experienced a result like that before, beating Chelsea in the FA Cup was great but this was Liverpool only a few years after the end of their dominance of the English game. I didn't go sadly, iirc I found out the final score on Teletext. However they played a video of the entire match on the CATS coach to Southend.

Celebrating like a loon. I remember jumping up and down and landing on an old blokes foot. I turned to I'm to apologise profusely, and his reply was " don't f'king worry mate, we're winning at Anfield".

The down side was spending the remainder of the evening in Walton hospital thanks to some lovely scousers

We were FA Cup finalists in 1909 and I believe First Divvy Runners Up in those years.

Some might say Bradford have over taken us if they win!

If only this were true. unfortunately Bradford won the F A cup in 1911, beating Newcastle in a replay.

Archived