IGNORED

Anyone Remember What They Were Doing.......

BS4 on Tour...

• Admin

How time flies! I was there and it was a great night, then onto Stockport who were thoroughly pissed off that they had us and not Liverpool at home, although they thought that their nigh on 7' striker would do us, Leroy Resenior marked him out of the game and we won that 4-0. Next up were Charlton, another home draw and a close defeat away to end that cup run.

I always used to go to all the cup games, Haybridge swifts, Bradford Park Avenue being a couple of unusual grounds, its been terrible in the last few years the way we capitulate at the first hurdle in every cup.

Couldn't believe travelled there and most of the way back without a scratch on the motor and then this happened.

Haha, I got the classic scouse "look after yer car mister?" from a bunch of tracksuited 10-year-old scallies. Paid 'em and all, like the southern softie who didn't fancy the ball-ache of an insurance claim for a re-spray.

At the time I was house-sharing with a Bristol Rovers fan, who assured me he would be staying up especially late to rip the piss out of me when I arrived home, following our inevitable humiliation. Strangely all was quiet when I got back at about 3am, so I decided the only way to wind down from the long alcohol-free journey was to spend the rest of the night drinking cider and singing about it very loudly.

I would like to apologise now publically for the first time, to the people of Little Stoke.

I was st Anfield and parked in Stanley park. We asked a couple of lads where to go for a pint or 7 and they took us to a boozer right behind the Kop. We had a right good time in there for a few hours and, like most seemingly, I was half pissed when I got to the away end. The thing is, I swear Tins looks offside for the goal! After the game, we found a hotel where the M56 started and spent a couple of hours drinking more beer supplied by many happy toffees fans. It was a great day but I drank waaaay too much. A mate went to Whitchurch and said it was like being there, yeah right!

Haha, I got the classic scouse "look after yer car mister?" from a bunch of tracksuited 10-year-old scallies. Paid 'em and all, like the southern softie who didn't fancy the ball-ache of an insurance claim for a re-spray.

Ditto, asked by a nine year old if he could "mind your car mate"

What? Can’t understand the scouse, but eventually got the drift.

Said, I will pay you when I get back and if the car is intact.

Never forget going into an "Offy" which was like Fort Knox and protected by Perspex screens.

Went there with Supersquirrel , my nephew, who was just a pup at then time and sneaked an afternoon of school!!

Returned to the car after the amazing match.

Knock on window at midnight, by the nine year old.

Still up and out and game for his quid – fair play, the MR2 was still in one piece, so his extortion was justified.

Not been to many away games, but next to Coventry 1977, when I was still a pup, this was the next best.

Was there.

My mate said at half-time, "If we score, I'm going on that pitch...

...sure enough, when Tinman curled that ball in and we had finished celebrating, we all looked around and said, "where is he?"...

...we then looked down to see him jumping the advertising hoardings, slipping on the turf and planting his head into the midriff of one of the biggest stewards that I have ever seen...

...he watched the rest of the game on a small TV in the cells under Anfield.

He still has the pair of jeans that he was wearing that night - complete with grass stain.

Borrowed my old mans brand new landrover discovery, parked it up safely and it was still there after the game, travelled home stopped off for a few jars on the way back to celebrate all was sweet.

Dropped a couple of mates off at the Golden Valley in Cheltenham, while opening the back door the wind caught it and bent all the hinges.

Couldn't believe travelled there and most of the way back without a scratch on the motor and then this happened.

what a great day wouldn't have missed it for the world!

Drinking and Driving while in control of your Dad's new motor.... Shameful.

p.s. Is he still in the dark?

Fantastic three matches...well two and a half.

First experience away on CATS and never going to beat that.

Remember seeing the 'welcome to Liverpool' sign on the edge of town and a millisecond later a brick bouncing off the coach window.

Overall though the scousers were brilliant that day.

I was there! What a night. Went up by Cats and when we arrived the policeman who got on the coach told us all the best pubs and said he had us down to win on the sweep stake at the station. .. cus he was an Everton fan.

Great memories of all those games.

was it really 19 years, my God.

It was my first ever City game, we arrived late and had to stand in the Kop end corner flag area as the away allocation was sold out, remember trying hard not to speak in cased i got beaten up (i was only ickle)

I also remember seeing a young McMannerman flying down the wing, I was a bit awestruck seeing him and Rush, but the defly silence was a cherished moment for us.

Absolutely amazing night & the highlight of 30 years watching City (shows our level). Things that stand out:-

• "50p to look after your car mister?". Thought this was a myth. Payed up. Grown man scared of two 8-year-olds.
  • Driving to a match! Did I not drink back then. Suppose I wouldn't have got home afterwards
  • Lime & Purple! I hear so many slag it off, but a great kit
  • When the FA cup mattered. Oh to bring that back
  • Our away crowd the size of our home crowd
  • Ending up 4 rows of seats in front of me after the goal, but IT DIDN'T MATTER! (bring back terraces)
  • Drink Up Thy Cider sung louder than I've heard it before or since
  • Russell Osman & the team clapping us afterwards
  • The Kop clapping our team off - full respect to them (probably because we'd dome them a favour)

Somehow football just doesn't seem that fun any more.

Wasn't there a great hoo-ha in the next round when Charlton only gave us about 700 seats for the game at their place?

I remember asking my teacher if I could leave class early as my Mum was coming to pick me up to take me to Ashton Gate to catch the coach, the teacher said NO you cant I told him to do one as I was off and didnt care of the actions that would follow, he then told me my Mum didn't have to take me as If I held on 5mins he was waiting for the supply teacher to turn up so he could go as well. When that goal went in my Dad picked me up so high into the air I ended up 4 rows in front on the floor,

Went up on a minibus from briz and we were in Liverpool for 2pm...think it was the first time Adelphi got shut due to football fans !!! Hammered by the time we got there but remember it like yesterday. After game we went crack into Liverpool centre and left at 2am and got back at 5am and was in work for 8am.

Great night and great company with the boys from the Pilgrim in Briz

I was in the Adelphi in the afternoon as well, until it went right off and they shut the place.

That whole day was the best experience ever as a City fan for me.

Once we went one up it seemed like the game went on for hours!

Ended up in a pub in Huyton with 2 coach loads of us getting happily drunk.

Stayed the night in Liverpool after the game, got very drunk and was very hungover on the drive home next day. Certainly Osman's finest hour, pretty sure we lost home to Notts Co a few days later and were booed off...
From memory we had less at home v notts county than we took to Anfield. Anyone else then watch the live stream of the 4th round game v Stockport.. Remember it being in the east end and they only fixed the commentary about 10 minutes from the end when Wayner had a hat trick and city were cruising 4-0 Oh and I still call Scott Minto various choice names when he on La Lega on Sky, that fifth round game.. Pft

The reality is that, it's very sad that this match is up there as one of our greatest acheivements. We are still one of footballs greatest ever under acheivers. Bradford have now overtaken us, as far as cups go.

Former PREMIER LEAGUE Bradford.....overtook us long ago.

19 years...wow great day!

Yes I was there and I remember leaving Ashton Gate with the car park full of coaches a tribute to Beryl and her team and seeing her office the next week a picture of all the fans at anfield.

It was my birthday and Graham Souness got the sack the next day,happy days :banana:

Archived