IGNORED

Palace Fans Really Starting To Get Bitter Over Albert

Dolman Block B

Crystal Palace has always been a nothing sort of a club with retarded fans cheering one of London's more sh"t clubs.

Not even worth the steam off my p"ss to be honest.

Albert would be wasting his time and should go to a better more respected club if he does leave.

Millwall don't call them "Nigels" for nothing

I know it's Stockhausen, so taking it with a massive pinch of salt (and i'm also not naiive enough to think that we don't do it), however the bit that struck me was.... "There has already been contact between Bolton representatives and Adomah's agent, Tony Finningan, who is keeping the player informed of events while he represents Ghana at the African Cup of Nations in South Africa."

If true, then surely we can report Bolton for tapping up Albert can't we? (Would probably want to wait until Friday so as not to dissuade them from pushing the price up with a bidding war!)

What a choice! East Lancs or Sarf Lunnon.

I don't have anything against Palace - I used to watch them when I lived in Streatham, but Sarf Lunnon is a tip and Croydon even worse.

Bolton and Wigan aren't much better, either :bored:

My London geography isn't great, but wasn't Albert born in Lambeth and a Barnet player before he came to us? I guess crystal palace won't be a huge shock to him. If he goes there, and I hope he doesn't, the lure of friends and family nearby might be too much. Anyway a player who gets transferred for millions (!) isn't going to live in a less desirable area are they. I worked in a rough area of Bristol for years, didnt live there though.

My London geography isn't great, but wasn't Albert born in Lambeth and a Barnet player before he came to us? I guess crystal palace won't be a huge shock to him. If he goes there, and I hope he doesn't, the lure of friends and family nearby might be too much. Anyway a player who gets transferred for millions (!) isn't going to live in a less desirable area are they.

I worked in a rough area of Bristol for years, didnt live there though.

Rough area M? which one... Eastville or Whorefield?? :)

Crystal Palace has always been a nothing sort of a club with retarded fans cheering one of London's more sh"t clubs.

Not even worth the steam off my p"ss to be honest.

Albert would be wasting his time and should go to a better more respected club if he does leave.

Millwall don't call them "Nigels" for nothing

spent plenty of time in the top flight though, not really "a nothing sort of club"

If he must go then Wigan, under Martinez, would be the ideal move for Albert.

The club have a history - at least recent - of signing players not thought to be ready for the bigger PL clubs, giving them a platform to showcase their talent at the biggest grounds in the country, and then selling them on at a good profit. Assuming that City would include a 20% sell on fee, there is a good chance that we will see Albert moving up from a club like Wigan fairly quickly and City cash in accordingly.

They have a comparatively small squad for that level so there should be early opportunities for Albert to make his mark as opposed to joining a club with several internationals to compete with.

With Martinez known for a style of football that would suit Albert he has every opportunity to thrive there.

As for Palace and Bolton, hopefully City, and Albert, will send them off with a flea in their ear - especially Hollowhead, Albert's far to good to sell to such undistinguished rivals in the same division.

Crystal Palace is a surprisingly nice area, not around the ground but the villagey bit on top of the hill's not too bad at all

The ground's in South Norwood. In the north Surrey badlands. Just nowheresville.

I visited it twice when I was watching the old Wimbledon. Utter faff to get there and surrounding area full of unpleasant hoodies. Vowed never to go to Selhurst again.

This from SouthWest Eagle

£2m plus add ons to a max of an additional £1M..............Is he worth this valuation? I have seen him play over 30 times in past 2 years and he is good and at times very good still needs to develop his final pass although his finishing has improved a great deal but he is no Zaha...but then who is?

The valuation was suggested to me yesterday when I ask one of the senior coaching staff at City if there was any likeliehood he would be leaving. Maybe completely wrong but the coach I asked is normally a source of accurate information......
Palace are also not the only club asking....but London, Bolaise and Millen (ex boss) were potential influences given for coming to Palace.

Have to say its almost certain there is a few clubs watching Albert, especially because he in the African Nations Cup at present and a lot of managers and coaches will be watching that.

With only a couple of days left you would think that if a deal is going to happen it must be fairly advanced?

Crystal Palace is a surprisingly nice area, not around the ground but the villagey bit on top of the hill's not too bad at all

Spent way too long living in the shadow of CP, down the hill in Penge. Now there's a dump if ever I saw one. Funnily enough, within spitting distance of my house, we had a Palace, a notts forest, a Plymouth and a west ham fan. Much banter to be had.

Archived