IGNORED

Liam Kelly Thread....that Morphs Into The Cole Skuse Thread

Ashton Great

I think that the jury is still out.

The first thing to say is that on the night, he was part of an outstanding team performance. He played his part in midfield and did as much as anyone else on the night to get us over the finishing line.

It is clear that there is a gulf between the Chamionship and the SPL. He may have been a stand out player for Killie but he's so far, been unable to show us the domination or passing ability which made him stand out for them. He was on something of a goal streak for them but he hasn't looked much of a threat in front of goal for us.

It's very early days. He's had a lot of change and upheaval in his life recently. The manager who brought him here departed within days, he's come into a previously struggling side, there's been a weight of expectation on his shoulders from the fans yet what you can say is that he's part of the team which has recorded back to back wins and the first clean sheet since Noah was a boy.

I think we've still to see the best of Liam.

• Admin

I think that the jury is still out.

The first thing to say is that on the night, he was part of an outstanding team performance. He played his part in midfield and did as much as anyone else on the night to get us over the finishing line.

It is clear that there is a gulf between the Chamionship and the SPL. He may have been a stand out player for Killie but he's so far, been unable to show us the domination or passing ability which made him stand out for them. He was on something of a goal streak for them but he hasn't looked much of a threat in front of goal for us.

It's very early days. He's had a lot of change and upheaval in his life recently. The manager who brought him here departed within days, he's come into a previously struggling side, there's been a weight of expectation on his shoulders from the fans yet what you can say is that he's part of the team which has recorded back to back wins and the first clean sheet since Noah was a boy.

I think we've still to see the best of Liam.

Totally agree, still very early days in his career with us, any league has differences in the way that they are played, and add to that the fact in his short time with us he has played with two different managers and played in a number of different roles in that time, To me I expect him to be a similar play to Skuse with his style of play

Worked his arse off last night, never stopped running. We have not always seen this from our players and is someone that will sit there, do a very good job at the role he is given. People may moan about him as he won't do anything spectacular...but does his job very well.

Four out of six of those were penalties though to be fair.

I thought he did well last night, as many have said put an unbelievable shift in and covered every blade as they say. In the few times he had the chance to lay a pass he was rarely off target. I like what I've seen of him so far, especially when in the middle of the park.

He's only played 3 games so its very early to make any kind of judgement on his ability. Last night he was part of a very hard working midfield and although he didn't stand out he put in some very telling tackles, closed down well and linked up play. He made a couple of poor passes but tore back to try and win the ball back. So far he looks ok to me and will certainly improve as he gets up to speed with the Championship.

I think he's a very good signing. I'd have Skuse on the right rather than Kelly. He has the ability to disrupt opponents, getting something on the ball without giving fouls away. He gets about the pitch and tracks runners. He looks to play simple passes and quickly which is fine. At this level he looks like a holding midfielder to me plus he doesn't seem afraid to shoot. Marv did well last night, but I think he benefited from having Kelly playing a much more disciplined role behind him. Positional intelligence is not Marv's strongpoint.

He's only played 3 games so its very early to make any kind of judgement on his ability. Last night he was part of a very hard working midfield and although he didn't stand out he put in some very telling tackles, closed down well and linked up play. He made a couple of poor passes but tore back to try and win the ball back. So far he looks ok to me and will certainly improve as he gets up to speed with the Championship.

Agree with this, in the first 20 minutes he put a few passes astray and looked like he was struggling to cope with the speed of the game. That seemed to affect his confidence a little but after that, I thought he was solid as a rock. Worked his socks off, very disciplined and grew into the game.

Still only 22 and I think the signs are there that he could be a success here.

I have saw enough in 3 games of Kelly to know he has much more to his game than Skuse.

Skuse - the man who our head coach said is 'an influential and important player for us' and he's only been in charge for 3 games.

Isn't there current thread about some fans lack of understanding?

Yes, he does indeed seem to have more to his game than Skuse.

There will be other who will argue otherwise, but they are clearly in the 'Lack of understanding' category!

Our new head coach obviously rates Skuse highly but according to you he must also be in the 'lack of understanding' category.

Skuse - the man who our head coach said is 'an influential and important player for us' and he's only been in charge for 3 games.

Isn't there current thread about some fans lack of understanding?

Ha ha SOD rates him so highly he couldnt even get his name right on yesterday's iplayer post match interview.

Let's be fair chap the manager aint going to come out and say he's shit is he. It's all about building up the players with praise right now.

I know loads of people within the game and Skuse is not rated hence why he's always stayed here.

I also trust my own eyes. Respected posters on here like Harry, Nogbad etc. all think he's poor too.

Like i said i can tell Kelly got more to his game watching him in 3 matches than Skuse will ever have.

BTW out of interest are you the feller who was like a shrivelled snail when put in front of GJ???

Ha ha SOD rates him so highly he couldnt even get his name right on yesterday's iplayer post match interview.

Let's be fair chap the manager aint going to come out and say he's shit is he. It's all about building up the players with praise right now.

I know loads of people within the game and Skuse is not rated hence why he's always stayed here.

I also trust my own eyes. Respected posters on here like Harry, Nogbad etc. all think he's poor too.

Like i said i can tell Kelly got more to his game watching him in 3 matches than Skuse will ever have.

Care to name them?

Skuse has been first choice under every manager he's played under but because you, Harry ( who?) and Nogbad think he's poor those managers must all be wrong.

Kelly at 22 is nowhere near as accomplished or experienced as Skuse and yet after just three Championship games you him rate more highly....... :facepalm:

Its a sad reflection on how little some posters understand about the game.

I have saw enough in 3 games of Kelly to know he has much more to his game than Skuse.

+1

It's early days for Kelly but he's shown promise.

Never been a fan of the overrated Mr Skuse. Anyone who rates him above what we've so far seen of Kelly is as Skuseless as Cole himself.

Though i'm interested to learn how SOD's ability to squeeze out an extra 15% will work on him. It may just bring him up to Joey Burnell standard?

BTW out of interest are you the feller who was like a shrivelled snail when put in front of GJ???

Out of interest, we all had a bit of a giggle when Harry met sally .... erm, I mean Robbo met GJ .... but thats in the past and below the belt to bring up now in the current debate.

However I await with interest how confidently & forcefully you'll be making your points regarding Skuse's ability if and when asked by SO'D's assistant Mr O'Kelly to explain face to face with him how you disagree with his professional assessment of our players... love to be a fly on the wall witness to that meeting! ... hmmm, talk about shrivelled snails etc,

... :)

Out of interest, we all had a bit of a giggle when Harry met sally .... erm, I mean Robbo met GJ .... but thats in the past and below the belt to bring up now in the current debate.

However I await with interest how confidently & forcefully you'll be making your points regarding Skuse's ability if and when asked by SO'D's assistant Mr O'Kelly to explain face to face with him how you disagree with his professional assessment of our players... love to be a fly on the wall witness to that meeting! ... hmmm, talk about shrivelled snails etc,

... :)

You dont know me to make that assumption. No shrivelled snail here fella.

Why only Mr O'kelly and not SOD as well? Set the meeting up and ill happily pass on my opinion of Skuse. In fact bring Cole too.

You dont know me to make that assumption. No shrivelled snail here fella.

Why only Mr O'kelly and not SOD as well? Set the meeting up and ill happily pass on my opinion of Skuse. In fact bring Cole too.

You're a real keyboard warrior and full of hot air. Not only that its clear that you don't understand what a good player looks like.

Archived