IGNORED

You Used To Be Blue ..

Frome Valley

As of last night I'm done with that filthy football club. The Bristol City game (with your chants etc-thank you for that, it won't be forgottwn) and the prospect of a Blue Tuesday 'movement' gave me hope, but seeing the gormless hoardes wearing red last night sickened me, and within me my love for the club broke.

It's history for me now. I can no longer justify anything that the club has become. it's not my club, I'm not interested. Premier league football will be good for the city, but I will have no attachment to them anymore. Reading the messageboards, plenty more feel the same.

Dunno where that leaves me on here. I've enjoyed the banter, but I cannot continue it any longer. Short term Cardiff City are far better than Bristol City, but as a club and set of supporters, you are twice what Cardiff City are.

I hope you appreciate how difficult that last sentence was!

Good luck chaps, and make sure you stand up for your club and defend it's honour better than our spineless support did.

It genuinely made me sad reading this post and I have nothing but sympathy for you. I wouldn't wish this on you or even R*vers. It was a sad day for football when the rebrand was announced and Tuesday night effectively completed that saga. In what world is it worth sacrificing the Club you love for PL football, when the only reason you want PL football is because of the pride it would give you if your Club achieved it. It makes no sense to me. None whatsoever.

an one more thing - while your words about us being twice the club/supporters cardiff are ring very pleasantly in the ears, let's not kid anyone. I would love to think that city would never let what happened to cardiff happen here but... too many people rattle on about the premiership, even referring to it as 'the promised land'. too many people want the new stadium, too many people want success, too many people would be happy for it and bugger the small print. It pains me to say it, but i'm sure if a minted malaysian came along tomorrow a fair wedge of our fan base would spread their legs and take what's coming with a smile on their faces.

If a two headed alien beamed down with a hundred million and part of the gig was a blue and white quartered shirt. I think our street chaps would have managed to muster at least ONE meaningful protest down west and north street.

I appreciate there have been some dissenting voices on the other side of the Severn for a while but it seems to have been more vociferous since the weekend. I wouldn't be so crass as to say we have started it all off again but given their league position and the fact it was a derby, have we kicked something off at Malaysia Dragons FC re their utter and total sell out? Maybe it's a coincidence but there seems to be alot more outspoken dissent from their original support since the 'What the **** is that' day.

Mybe it has been going on all season but we seem to have brought it out in their proper support?

Naughty fellow reds :laugh: !

Archived