IGNORED

Albert - Not Working Out

old_eastender

You really think our top scoring and assisting midfielder can be considered a luxury player? That's patently nonsense. But then I supposed Clarkson's still a quality player at this level right?

Scoring goals has not really been our downfall this season. Conceding them has. So, yes, our top scoring and assisting midfielder could be considered a luxury player.

Albert really worries me. He seems to be going backwards at an alarming rate. He was awful at Cardiff also (and it wasn't even freezing :D ).

He doesn't seem to be getting any better (I assume our coaches are mentioning that he might want to track back occasionally). He has the demeanour of someone who does not want to be here. Sell at the highest price but I fear most teams don't rate him as highly as we do...and the price will reflect that.

Problem with Albert is his work rate or rather lack of it. He tracks back, all good and proper but it takes him ages to get back up the pitch. Frequently Heaton has the ball in his hands and looking for a quick counter only to find Albert still on the edge of the 18 yard box. Only then does occur to him to move up the pitch.

In the days of Scott Murray you'd see him sprint wide up the pitch looking to receive a quick throw from the 'keeper. Not so with Albert.

I don't think AA has proved himself at this level. (See my various posts, where I make it clear I'm not particularly a fan.) But what is certain is that he has the potential to turn a game. I'm all for having him on the bench, on the understanding that for the 15-29 minutes he might have as an impact sub he runs like billio at the oppo defence and puts some decent ball in. Don't expect he to track back properly cus he's not mentally up to it.

Problem with Albert is his work rate or rather lack of it. He tracks back, all good and proper but it takes him ages to get back up the pitch. Frequently Heaton has the ball in his hands and looking for a quick counter only to find Albert still on the edge of the 18 yard box. Only then does occur to him to move up the pitch.

In the days of Scott Murray you'd see him sprint wide up the pitch looking to receive a quick throw from the 'keeper. Not so with Albert.

The one thing you cannot accuse Albert of is lack of work rate, he runs himself into the ground most games. You can question his decision making in the defensive third, but never his work rate

The one thing you cannot accuse Albert of is lack of work rate, he runs himself into the ground most games. You can question his decision making in the defensive third, but never his work rate

Why then does he not make those quick moves into a receiving position when the keeper has the ball in hands? Bloke next to me in the Dolman reckons Albert is lazy.

He could be far more effective if he was willing to bomb up to the half way line when there's a possible counter attack on the cards.

Why then does he not make those quick moves into a receiving position when the keeper has the ball in hands? Bloke next to me in the Dolman reckons Albert is lazy.

He could be far more effective if he was willing to bomb up to the half way line when there's a possible counter attack on the cards.

From what I see he spends his whole time running at pace 3/4 the length of the pitch forward and back. Often see him having a breather when the keeper has it. Like I said, he isn't lazy, far from it. His decision making is questionable. He has to get cleverer. Choose when to attack, when to defend and when to take a breather.

He is not lazy. Far from it. But he has a lot to learn

I understand what people are saying about him not playing but we CANNOT be a better side without him any other side in our league would take him and fit him in,dont worry as long as we stay up but there IS a place for our best player and i guarantee you SOD will find it in the next few games

Completely agree.

What was it SO'D said when Albert returned?

It's like having a new signing but one we could never afford. If we'd signed someone in the transfer window of Albert's qualities we'd have been delighted.

No doubt at all then how highly O'Driscoll rates Albert, or that he will be featuring very soon.

I understand what people are saying about him not playing but we CANNOT be a better side without him any other side in our league would take him and fit him in,dont worry as long as we stay up but there IS a place for our best player and i guarantee you SOD will find it in the next few games

Albert is"on his way"..he was so not interested when he came on saturday it was untrue..i would even say petulant in attitude..was a statue,didnt want to/ not able to put a foot in-Barnsley players passing him at will..total lack of effort.worried about getting crocked,maybe.??.his mind is elsewhere,im afraid.

Albert is"on his way"..he was so not interested when he came on saturday it was untrue..i would even say petulant in attitude..was a statue,didnt want to/ not able to put a foot in-Barnsley players passing him at will..total lack of effort.worried about getting crocked,maybe.??.his mind is elsewhere,im

afraid.

Who says Albert is on his way?He has publicly stated he will only go to a priemier league club and as im aware none has bid for him yet?Also not interested absolute rubbish!What kinda impact is a guy gonna have coming on at 5-1 up for the last 15 mins and the whole shape of the team changed,he played his part in Davies dissalowed goal for one,why do people knock the guy he has been great for us and will need to play a big part im sure if were to stay up,hes not lazy but like most wingers if its not his day they contribute little else hense the reason he didnt play Saturday but i bet he plays more most of the games left

Who says Albert is on his way?He has publicly stated he will only go to a priemier league club and as im aware none has bid for him yet?Also not interested absolute rubbish!What kinda impact is a guy gonna have coming on at 5-1 up for the last 15 mins and the whole shape of the team changed,he played his part in Davies dissalowed goal for one,why do people knock the guy he has been great for us and will need to play a big part im sure if were to stay up,hes not lazy but like most wingers if its not his day they contribute little else hense the reason he didnt play Saturday but i bet he plays more most of the games left

....SOD will be itching to get his hands on the cash generated..his days at the Gate are numbered.if were to stay up,please restrict him to cameo-roles.

Marv MoM for metoday, broke up play, kept it simple in the pass and 2 assists, not much between him, Stead and Heaton, followed by Kelly who along with Elliott did some very good dirty work

Apart from the 1/3 of his passes which found a blue and black shirt, you mean?

He had a decent game and worked hard, but was still responsible for us losing possession multiple times.

I can't really see much wrong with Steady's MotM award. The guy was utterly inspirational.

The problem with Albert playing in the position we are in now was demonstrated clearly within 5 minutes of him being on the pitch. Long run to the byeline where he failed to get the ball back across. He then sauntered back, play was back down in the far corner between EE and Williams and he was just crossing the halfway line. The whole right side in front of Maloney was exposed. Substitute Maloney for Foster and you can see why were torn part at times before SOD arrived and sorted it out. We are just too open. Just too open.

When we're on the front foot and pushing forward he is worth his weight in gold, but where we have to tough out results home and away, he will have to be played selectively.

Archived