IGNORED

Albert - Not Working Out

old_eastender

Marv MoM for metoday, broke up play, kept it simple in the pass and 2 assists, not much between him, Stead and Heaton, followed by Kelly who along with Elliott did some very good dirty work

Yea have to agree, Stead was great, But as you said Marv was good to watch, had doubts but today proved he still has it.

I personally think the team is worse with Albert. He deserves a starting place, but team mates rely on him too much to do something. When Albert is out of the team, players start taking responsibility.

Now if they could do this when Albert was in the team, we would be a much better team

no I totally know what you mean every ball goes towards Albert . Surely SOD could get us playing like we did today but with Albert in the team and not relying on him , he would be a better player for it aswell

no I totally know what you mean every ball goes towards Albert . Surely SOD could get us playing like we did today but with Albert in the team and not relying on him , he would be a better player for it aswell

without doubt. I do keep hearing that SOD doesn't play wingers though! Time will tell

ahh really , I was suprised Albert didn't start today but look that's why he's manager and not me we got the points !

If we stay up and Albert doesn't start, that will do me. SOD just needs to get that 1st away point or 3. Less hoof, which we saw today should help.

If we stay up and Albert doesn't start, that will do me. SOD just needs to get that 1st away point or 3. Less hoof, which we saw today should help.

I don't care who starts now aslong as we stay up , I have trust in SOD and his team choices rather than sitting there every game thinking WTF is DM doing

Albert didn't start in any of City's recent wins at home and only came on when the game was won today. That fact say a lot.

Albert didn't start in any of City's recent wins at home and only came on when the game was won today. That fact say a lot.

Aye, tells you the team take more responsibility for themselves, other than 1. find Albert and hope he can do something or 2. Hoof

Alberts quick and scares the defence but is that what we need at the moment, a flair player ?

I think Alberts great but we need battling hard attacking players at the moment.

Today when he came on it seemed to upset our flow and put us more on the the back foot.

Also why does SOD leave him out does he feel hes more of a impact player or feels he needs to calm down a bit since the ACON or is there something else?

I suppose only SOD knows that.

Alberts quick and scares the defence but is that what we need at the moment, a flair player ?

I think Alberts great but we need battling hard attacking players at the moment.

Today when he came on it seemed to upset our flow and put us more on the the back foot.

Also why does SOD leave him out does he feel hes more of a impact player or feels he needs to calm down a bit since the ACON or is there something else?

Would it have beeen different if Albert wasn't at the ACON when SOD came , would he still have dropped him or do you think he would have have Albert a more important role ?

All depends, I would have him in the team, if you are clever enough, you should have space elsewhere as he is always dragging players with him. This we should be utilising as far as I am concerned. Do we have the players clever enough to utilise the space though? Tough call

Would it have beeen different if Albert wasn't at the ACON when SOD came , would he still have dropped him or do you think he would have have Albert a more important role ?

Like I say only SOD knows.

If your asking me I think Albert would have been a first team selection if he wouldnt have gone to ACON but SOD inherited a side without AA in it and has stuck with it what he had, rightly or wrongly only time will tell.

Like I say only SOD knows.

If your asking me I think Albert would have been a first team selection if he wouldnt have gone to ACON but SOD inherited a side without AA in it and has stuck with it what he had, rightly or wrongly only time will tell.

Turns out he's making the right choice so far . Couldn't have expected anything really from the last four away games he's been in charge

All depends, I would have him in the team, if you are clever enough, you should have space elsewhere as he is always dragging players with him. This we should be utilising as far as I am concerned. Do we have the players clever enough to utilise the space though? Tough call

Clever or confident enough I think is the question.

When we are confident enough to move forward Albert is a advantage when we are not he becomes a bit of a liability.

Spot on. Also seem to remember Albert being very much a fringe player during our lifesaving late run of form at the end of last season.

Albert played in 45 league games last season.

9 assists and 5 goals in a very poor team this season show why he'll be starting regularly again very soon.

It tells us that City can score goals and win without him particularly at AG. Surprised you missed that but its no big deal.

Which adds nothing to the debate about whether or not we're a better team with him in the side.

It might have escaped your attention but we appointed a new manager, which might have had a slight bit more to do with the turnaround in fortunes.

Which adds nothing to the debate about whether or not we're a better team with him in the side.

It might have escaped your attention but we appointed a new manager, which might have had a slight bit more to do with the turnaround in fortunes.

Home results suggest that we are a better team without him starting. Initially out because he was away but today he was on the bench. It looks as if SoD doesn't think that Albert should be an automatic starter. Might have something to do with his weak and often dodgy defending and the fact he's solely a winger. Too much of a luxury player when your're fighting relegation.

Round pegs in round holes. From what I've seen thus far, regardless of how good he undoubtedly is, Albert is not that round peg. Would be a shame if we can't accomodate him, but if accomadating him is detrimental to the other 10 leave him out. Thus far I think we are better off without. Shame but is as I see it.

Doesn't mean I don't think Albert is one of, if not the best, in the squad. Just that I don't think he fits into this team with this mentality. For his likeability factor I hope that can change.

Home results suggest that we are a better team without him starting.

No they don't. They suggest that we benefitted from changing the manager.

Initially out because he was away but today he was on the bench. It looks as if SoD doesn't think that Albert should be an automatic starter. Might have something to do with his weak and often dodgy defending and the fact he's solely a winger. Too much of a luxury player when your're fighting relegation.

I'm pretty sure SOD doesn't think anybody should be an automatic starter. He's picking the team based on form, availability and a game plan. He's talked a number of times about Albert's qualities.

You really think our top scoring and assisting midfielder can be considered a luxury player? That's patently nonsense. But then I supposed Clarkson's still a quality player at this level right?

BCFChave been playing out and out wingers for years ( regardless of what manager we've had, which seems a bit odd ) .... exciting to watch when good.... but imho, it's been our downfall.

Would much rather see a solid midfield across the park that break up play and control the game.

So many wingers we've had lose the ball too quickly or put in a poor cross then fail to track back.

How many goals have come from crosses from the wing?

Consolidate in midfield. Keep the ball and control the game.

Wingers may look exciting, but in the big picture of things, what do they offer over an imaginative controlled midfield? Just mho like....

Bit of a stretch to draw such a conclusion based on a cameo at the end of the game in my opinion. He wasn't on fire today but I wasn't expecting him to be, coming on four goals up in the freezing cold.

I think SOD was right to say we changed the midfield and it cost us two goals, Kilkenny and Howard were a big part of that too.

Adomah did make one quite noticeable mistake though - Stead specifically told Albert to pick up Cywka and Albert ignored him and let him jog into the box unmarked and thump in their second.

Anyway, I think if we played a 442 with Kelly and Elliot or Kelly and Skuse in the middle and Anderson and Adomah wide we'd have a nice balance at home.

Away against tougher teams we could play 451 losing a striker for the other midfielder - hopefully Howard would help us keep the ball a little.

I really feel sorry for the poor lad !

for whatever reasons we clearly are a better side when Albert aint in it...as ive stated before i believe he wastes posession far too often,is maybe a bit immature in that his head seems to drop far too easily-instead of gritting his teeth and maybe getting a bit angry/tackling back..nice fella and clearly has ability but is a long way away from anything related to a complete article/well rounded player..

Bit of a stretch to draw such a conclusion based on a cameo at the end of the game in my opinion. He wasn't on fire today but I wasn't expecting him to be, coming on four goals up in the freezing cold.

I think SOD was right to say we changed the midfield and it cost us two goals, Kilkenny and Howard were a big part of that too.

Adomah did make one quite noticeable mistake though - Stead specifically told Albert to pick up Cywka and Albert ignored him and let him jog into the box unmarked and thump in their second.

in the freezing cold..get a grip..

Anyway, I think if we played a 442 with Kelly and Elliot or Kelly and Skuse in the middle and Anderson and Adomah wide we'd have a nice balance at home.

Away against tougher teams we could play 451 losing a striker for the other midfielder - hopefully Howard would help us keep the ball a little.

I believe that when Albert plays the doesn't play as a team anymore it always the situation where Albert lets give him the ball.

The team has been playing really well showing grit and digging but mostly playing for each other, so my feeling is that although I really like Albert he has massive potential and can be exciting, But I feel the digging in and playing as a solid unit is more important at the moment.

Archived