IGNORED

League Cup Final

Eco

Does he not have discretion? He should have!

Unfortunately they have very little discretion in situations like that one. If they don't follow the rules to the letter they get penalised and 'marked down'. Common sense isn't allowed and its the referee's managers that have made rods for the backs of their own officials.

Thing is, had the ref not sent duke off

Some bloke in the stand with his clipboard would have marked him down and he would end up reffing the gas next week

But as you say, no common sense at all

**** me where will yesterday's clown end up reffing next week?, referees assessors see less than referees and Arsene Wenger put together, very few referees are dropped because of assessors, usually because media outcry.

And if by some miraculous turnaround Bradford scored 4 goals (yes I know unlikely, but unlikely has happened before) then duke saves the winning penalty in the shoot out?!

I am sorry, it is a straight forward sending off, if the belief was Swansea were out of sight he should have not touched him and got on with being 4-0 down.

It is a professional game of football, he deserved a red, he got a red, so what if it is lowly Bradford, he cynically took him down, he knew what he was doing. Good decision ref, glad he walked,

And if by some miraculous turnaround Bradford scored 4 goals (yes I know unlikely, but unlikely has happened before) then duke saves the winning penalty in the shoot out?!

I am sorry, it is a straight forward sending off, if the belief was Swansea were out of sight he should have not touched him and got on with being 4-0 down.

It is a professional game of football, he deserved a red, he got a red, so what if it is lowly Bradford, he cynically took him down, he knew what he was doing. Good decision ref, glad he walked,

Exactly.

Exactly this. It could (however unlikely) have effected the result.

He could have saved the spot kick launched a counter and all of a sudden it's 3-1 and the game is back on.

I feel for the guy, but them the rules.

Archived