IGNORED

Neil Lennon (Non-City)

real_bristol

Don't understand what the problem is. He said nothing that wasn't true.

Ask yourselves why the "journalists" are questioning Lennon about it?

To incite the kind of pathetic sectarianism we've already seen in this thread is my guess - which is also the only reason anybody in England cares about jock kick and rush.

Should imagine he could be done for slander

Firstly, it would be libel, not slander, as it's been publicly broadcast.

Secondly, it's not libel because every word is true. That's why Rangers are plying in the most pathetic division in Britain.

He's so bitter. :D

Pathetic man.

Thats exactly what I saw. He seems angry that Rangers didn't disappear completely. I'm wrong to read too much into edited video footage but it looked and sounded horrific. It would have been so much more respectful to say something along the lines of:

"the undisclosed payments looked dodgy, but its good for British/Scottish/Irish football that Rangers fans are able to draw a line under the whole episode and move on"

He's a complete **** and always has been and is the manager of a club who now plays in a league where every league title they win without any meaningful opposition is completely meaningless, other than an easy route into the champions league, I suspect even a cardboard cut out of the former pope could achieve exactly the same results in that league.

Thats exactly what I saw. He seems angry that Rangers didn't disappear completely. I'm wrong to read too much into edited video footage but it looked and sounded horrific. It would have been so much more respectful to say something along the lines of:

"the undisclosed payments looked dodgy, but its good for British/Scottish/Irish football that Rangers fans are able to draw a line under the whole episode and move on"

Or better still "nothing to do with me, I have no comment to make". That would have earnt him far more respect.

Neil Lennon is not vile and despite constant questioning he said absolutely nothing wrong. The comments here betray a bigoted sectarian streak in their authors.

Celtic have always ran there affairs well and can't be blamed for the incompetence or inadequacies of other teams north of the border.

Lennon has had to deal with pure unadulterated sectarianism all his life because he is Catholic and Irish. In that context I thought his comments were restrained and straight to the point. Rangers Oldco were guilty that is clear. Anyone with a brain can make there own judgement on the question of competitive advantage

I like Lennon. Met him once on holiday. Nice guy. He's got passion and has done well this season. Fair play to him.

As I have posted before, I met him when he was a young midfielder for Crewe Alex and had recently joined them from Manchester City. He was knowledgeable about football in general and also Bristol City. He was complimentary about City and I have to talk as I find, he was a really nice bloke. I don't think he should be criticised for being passionate about Celtic.

What did he do wrong, ranjurs were up to their knees in EBTs and cheated. They were successful because they bought in good players through cheating. If Rovers did that and were in the premiership you would all be very bitter. But Neil Lennon will never be supported because it has a very blue or orange agenda. Lennon is a hot head at times but he is still a man who has gone through a massive struggle being a catholic from the Lurgan area and everything that's happened to him since. I would hate ranjurs as well if they put me through that.

As a Celtic fan, I accept the findings of the the independent commission, although I may not agree totally with all aspects of the result.

Lennon hasn't said anything wrong, however. Rangers will of course paint this as a total victory, and I never expected any stripping of titles, but they were found guilty at the end of the day. I'm not surprised it rankles with him as his side did miss out on titles as Rangers paid undisclosed amounts to players they couldn't afford to, but that's probably as symptomatic of the chase for success in football in general as much as just Rangers.

Lennon is pretty easy to dislike on the face of it, especially to rivals and the ignorant, but the guy has been through more that most footballers and indeed people will endure and is actually a decent guy if you got the chance to chat to him.

It probably would have been better had he delivered a standard monotone response like 95% of the people involved in football do regularly (you know, the same responses most of us criticise as fake, uninteresting and disconnected from fans) but the guy is passionate and committed and I hope that isn't taken out of him.

As a Celtic fan, I accept the findings of the the independent commission, although I may not agree totally with all aspects of the result.

Lennon hasn't said anything wrong, however. Rangers will of course paint this as a total victory, and I never expected any stripping of titles, but they were found guilty at the end of the day. I'm not surprised it rankles with him as his side did miss out on titles as Rangers paid undisclosed amounts to players they couldn't afford to, but that's probably as symptomatic of the chase for success in football in general as much as just Rangers.

Lennon is pretty easy to dislike on the face of it, especially to rivals and the ignorant, but the guy has been through more that most footballers and indeed people will endure and is actually a decent guy if you got the chance to chat to him.

It probably would have been better had he delivered a standard monotone response like 95% of the people involved in football do regularly (you know, the same responses most of us criticise as fake, uninteresting and disconnected from fans) but the guy is passionate and committed and I hope that isn't taken out of him.

Very well written and pleased that you didn't jump on Irish/Catholic Racist/Regilist/Sectarianist bandwagon which seems to stop everywhere for free on this forum - its such an easy, petty argument to make and in my opinion is as bad as racism itself when being wrongly dished out- which is why I appreciate your comments.

My second comment on this thread acknowledge that the video was edited and that we should not base our opinions solely on that. But, I was suggesting if we were to, then he appears to be livid about the decision and based on that he comes across as bitter.

"Undisclosed payments" dont win you games on the pitch.

Sure Rangers broke the rules and a fine is appropriate but as far as im concerned none of the title winning players played illegally so rangers have every right to keep those titles

Errm, sorry but that is twaddle. If Rangers had only recruited and played players they could legally afford they might not have won so many games and therefore titles. That is precisely why the rules are there. Simples.

Archived