IGNORED

Neil Lennon (Non-City)

real_bristol

Cracking argument you got there! Go up Kingswood and you'll find rovers top lads are celtic orientated, go up patchway and they're massively sags/Celtic!

Even they're tenous link with St Pauli is a shared of they're love of Celtic

Oh, I see. So you were actually referring to small groups of hooligans. I was originally confused by your use of the word "lot".

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz "Old Firm rivalry"

Renton out of Trainspotting expressed it best: "A bunch of thick weejies who never go to church kicking the shit out of each other over whose brand of Christianity is best."

Yes . Spot on .

If it wasn't for religion these clubs would be half the size they are .

My mate who now stays in cork and is/was a celtic season ticket holder and even he was amazed when travelling to old firm games to find upwards of 50 buses going over from ireland .

Yes . Spot on .

My mate who now stays in cork and is/was a celtic season ticket holder and even he was amazed when travelling to old firm games to find upwards of 50 buses going over from ireland .

I'm amazed too. Didn't they all get very wet?

Thanks. Luckily there are a few of us who can debate the issues sensibly, no matter which team we follow.

I won't automatically jump of the 'sectarian bandwagon', but I will acknowledge it's existence and prevalence in a lot of the 'Lennon outrage'. I don't think it's any real coincidence that a large proportion of those who could only offer a fleeting, yet strangely angry, opinion on Lennon and Celtic in this very topic are those either having English flag avatars, a mention of 'country' in their username or quotes of 'God save the Queen' in their posts! :D

There is evidently a bit of anti-Celtic feeling on OTIB, but luckily that hasn't been reflected (much) in what I've experienced out in the real world. Makes me quite glad I don't mix in the same crowds as most of the angry keyboard warriors that populate this forum.

I can see why people would feel Lennon came across as bitter in that video, and actually, I'd say he is a bit. He isn't yet the seasoned managerial veteran that can shrug off repeated questions from the media, especially made harder as a lot of this references the most intense periods of his playing career. However he is maturing and settling and he will hopefully continue to do so without losing that passionate and competitive edge. However, judgement has been passed on Rangers and hopefully we can all move on, potential HMRC appeals aside.

It's a strange time in Scottish football. Really, no club the size of Rangers should ever have found themselves in such difficulties and them being demoted to the bottom tier is not something I've taken immense pleasure in. I do think, though, that those in this thread bemoaning and mocking the situation should look closer to home and recognise that actually football is 'broken' wherever you look. City are millions in debt, fans are being priced out of watching games and everything is being held together on a house of cards of ever expanding TV deals.

I find it sad that no club in Scotland can challenge the power of Celtic and Rangers as much as I find it sad that no club in England can hope for any success without a billionnaire owner. Where fans will now spend their entire supporting lives hoping for the ultimare accolade of boosting their clubs coffers with mid-table finishes in the PL rather than chasing titles and trophies.

of course there needed to be punishment, but in this case I think Scottish football has shot itself in the foot by making the punishment so severe and I suspect if Rangers are not in or close to a return to the top flight when various TV deals have to signed be renewed, either they will be offered less or dropped all together and perhaps that is the wake up call that football actually needs.

The SPL should stand for the Scottish Pointless League or perhaps even a change to the Scottish Glasgow Celtic League, the problem is Celtic can guarantee the champions league money until a viable challenger comes along and that is years away.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz "Old Firm rivalry"

Renton out of Trainspotting expressed it best: "A bunch of thick weejies who never go to church kicking the shit out of each other over whose brand of Christianity is best."

As Ben Harper once said when asked about religion in an interview "if people never died, there would be no religion because nobody would give a ****".

Yes . Spot on .

Thats like saying

if it wasnt for plastic fans from all over the world Man Utd would be nothing!!!!

Neil Lennon was in line for a interview for the Bristol Cty managers job. But then decided to opt for the Celtic managers post instead & we took on Steve Coppell.

At least Cop-out realised he wasn't up to the job after one league game. We'd have been stuck with Lennon.

Thats like saying

if it wasnt for plastic fans from all over the world Man Utd would be nothing!!!!

Stop talking nonsense

I can only speak for where i'm from , which is scotland . We still have catholic schools up here and 99.9% of pupils in said schools are brought up supporting celtic . We have plenty orange order and masonic lodges with their children brought up predominantly as rangers fans . This is not in glasgow but all over . Religion and football is intertwined up here for a sad few . Both sides are as bad as each other and many football fans in scotland wish they would just **** of to a another league , but it is far deeper laying than just 2 scummy sets of football fans .

Stop talking nonsense

I can only speak for where i'm from , which is scotland . We still have catholic schools up here and 99.9% of pupils in said schools are brought up supporting celtic . We have plenty orange order and masonic lodges with their children brought up predominantly as rangers fans . This is not in glasgow but all over . Religion and football is intertwined up here for a sad few . Both sides are as bad as each other and many football fans in scotland wish they would just **** of to a another league , but it is far deeper laying than just 2 scummy sets of football fans .

No Catholics in Scotland support Hibs, then?

Archived