IGNORED

Neil Lennon (Non-City)

real_bristol

Neil Lennon is very, very far from perfect but there's absolutely nothing wrong with what he's said here. Some of the comments on here make me feel like I've wandered onto a Rangers forum by mistake.

As he points out, Rangers were found guilty. Yes, he repeated that several times but only because he was asked a question several times. Lots of people here making mountains out of molehills.

Firstly, it would be libel, not slander, as it's been publicly broadcast.

Secondly, it's not libel because every word is true. That's why Rangers are plying in the most pathetic division in Britain.

I always thought that libel is when it is written and slander if it's spoken ? I may be wrong !

Cracking argument you got there! Go up Kingswood and you'll find rovers top lads are celtic orientated, go up patchway and they're massively sags/Celtic!

Even they're tenous link with St Pauli is a shared of they're love of Celtic

If the're anything like the celtic mob they'll go through plenty trainers .

Cracking argument you got there! Go up Kingswood and you'll find rovers top lads are celtic orientated, go up patchway and they're massively sags/Celtic!

Even they're tenous link with St Pauli is a shared of they're love of Celtic

There's a lot of Catholics in Filwood though. That definately isn't a Sag area.

Top manager-would we turn him down for McClueless?dont think so.............................................

Has done really well in the champions league this season. Has been average as a club manager of course until this season and now he will be the best manager in Scotland for years to come, good on the CV? without any real viable opposition on the domestic front, probably not, as I said on earlier Celtic could appoint a cardboard cut out and get the same success.

Yet again utter tripe from that vile creature Lennon and a good percentage of posters in this thread. Rangers were found not guilty in the tax tribunal therefore ruling that every Penny of the 47 million spent was legal and should never have been reclaimed by hmrc and never resulted in the club folding and currently starting again in the bottom tier of Scottish football.

Yet again utter tripe from that vile creature Lennon and a good percentage of posters in this thread. Rangers were found not guilty in the tax tribunal therefore ruling that every Penny of the 47 million spent was legal and should never have been reclaimed by hmrc and never resulted in the club folding and currently starting again in the bottom tier of Scottish football.

So it ok for a club not to pay its tax!!!

Absolute bollocks and clearly a smelly fisherman !

Just out of interest, but why is it only threads about Celtic & Rangers that don't get the "I can't believe you have a second team....etc" lines peddled out....There are so many people on this thread declaring that they're Rangers fans or Celtic fans (support of the Scottish side justified because they are Irish....I come from North Bristol - doesn't mean I feel compelled to pledge my allegiance to the blue few!), but no-one actually taking issue with this.

I'm not peddling the line myself as I have a "second team" so say, or at least another team who's results I look out for, but you mention that on any other thread besides one containing clubs from a third rate footballing nation and there's apparent outrage from the masses! I'm actually quite interested to know if any of the "I'm a Rangers/Celtic fan"'s on this thread berate others for having a 2nd team on other threads (possibly not, I don't know).

For what it's worth though, I thought Lennon handled himself quite well in the face of the persistent probing for a soundbite from the media. At the end of the day, Rangers broke the rules/laws and were demoted because of it. Could they have afforded the players who won them the titles they did whilst they were cheating? We'll never know, but it's not unsafe to assume that not all of the players would have signed to them, so I can completely see why Lennon would think they may well have gained an unfair advantage.

Rangers did pay all required tax bills. The 47 million hmrc said was owed to them never was. Rangers found legitimate alternatives to limit tax ability just as companies like Starbucks and many more do in this country but you don't see hmrc going after them and Starbucks ending up being demoted from Cabot circus to broad walk shopping centre. Idiots.

Classic.

Rangers did pay all required tax bills. The 47 million hmrc said was owed to them never was. Rangers found legitimate alternatives to limit tax ability just as companies like Starbucks and many more do in this country but you don't see hmrc going after them and Starbucks ending up being demoted from Cabot circus to broad walk shopping centre. Idiots.

They did until craig whyte became chairman , then tax and national insurance were not payed , fact . They never declared all payments on players contracts with the sfa , thus breaking contract rules , fact . They went into liquidation , this is why they were demoted(or just lucky that they were allowed to start at the bottom of the league) , fact .

Nobody , even The Rangers fans , can argue with these facts .

The only gripe The Rangers can have is that the sfa rules on this scenario were not set in stone and the situation was quite badly handled , but the sfa eventually got there and the proper outcome prevailed .

Perhaps you could provide us with an unbiased, impartial resource, i.e. A web link, that would disprove the opinion that most have here (backed up by the fact they're now playing in Scottish Div 3) that Rangers were found guilty of massive tax evasion/avoidance (I always get confused as to which is which!)?

They did until craig whyte became chairman , then tax and national insurance were not payed , fact . They never declared all payments on players contracts with the sfa , thus breaking contract rules , fact . They went into liquidation , this is why they were demoted(or just lucky that they were allowed to start at the bottom of the league) , fact .

Nobody , even The Rangers fans , can argue with these facts .

The only gripe The Rangers can have is that the sfa rules on this scenario were not set in stone and the situation was quite badly handled , but the sfa eventually got there and the proper outcome prevailed .

Agree with all of that, the problem is the pay off has been the SPL has gone from being an almost pointless two horse race to becoming a completely pointless one horse race.

Very well written and pleased that you didn't jump on Irish/Catholic Racist/Regilist/Sectarianist bandwagon which seems to stop everywhere for free on this forum - its such an easy, petty argument to make and in my opinion is as bad as racism itself when being wrongly dished out- which is why I appreciate your comments.

My second comment on this thread acknowledge that the video was edited and that we should not base our opinions solely on that. But, I was suggesting if we were to, then he appears to be livid about the decision and based on that he comes across as bitter.

Thanks. Luckily there are a few of us who can debate the issues sensibly, no matter which team we follow.

I won't automatically jump of the 'sectarian bandwagon', but I will acknowledge it's existence and prevalence in a lot of the 'Lennon outrage'. I don't think it's any real coincidence that a large proportion of those who could only offer a fleeting, yet strangely angry, opinion on Lennon and Celtic in this very topic are those either having English flag avatars, a mention of 'country' in their username or quotes of 'God save the Queen' in their posts! :D

There is evidently a bit of anti-Celtic feeling on OTIB, but luckily that hasn't been reflected (much) in what I've experienced out in the real world. Makes me quite glad I don't mix in the same crowds as most of the angry keyboard warriors that populate this forum.

I can see why people would feel Lennon came across as bitter in that video, and actually, I'd say he is a bit. He isn't yet the seasoned managerial veteran that can shrug off repeated questions from the media, especially made harder as a lot of this references the most intense periods of his playing career. However he is maturing and settling and he will hopefully continue to do so without losing that passionate and competitive edge. However, judgement has been passed on Rangers and hopefully we can all move on, potential HMRC appeals aside.

It's a strange time in Scottish football. Really, no club the size of Rangers should ever have found themselves in such difficulties and them being demoted to the bottom tier is not something I've taken immense pleasure in. I do think, though, that those in this thread bemoaning and mocking the situation should look closer to home and recognise that actually football is 'broken' wherever you look. City are millions in debt, fans are being priced out of watching games and everything is being held together on a house of cards of ever expanding TV deals.

I find it sad that no club in Scotland can challenge the power of Celtic and Rangers as much as I find it sad that no club in England can hope for any success without a billionnaire owner. Where fans will now spend their entire supporting lives hoping for the ultimare accolade of boosting their clubs coffers with mid-table finishes in the PL rather than chasing titles and trophies.

Archived