IGNORED

Neil Lennon (Non-City)

real_bristol

I like Lennon. Met him once on holiday. Nice guy. He's got passion and has done well this season. Fair play to him.

How can you come on here with an opinion based on first hand experience?

You should know by now that's not how it works!

Neil Lennon is not vile and despite constant questioning he said absolutely nothing wrong. The comments here betray a bigoted sectarian streak in their authors.

Celtic have always ran there affairs well and can't be blamed for the incompetence or inadequacies of other teams north of the border.

Lennon has had to deal with pure unadulterated sectarianism all his life because he is Catholic and Irish. In that context I thought his comments were restrained and straight to the point. Rangers Oldco were guilty that is clear. Anyone with a brain can make there own judgement on the question of competitive advantage

Not 100% sure on this, but isn't Lennon Protestant? I thought that was why he got so much abuse as the manager of the Catholic team Celtic and why he was quite a controversial appointment? May be entirely wrong though

As for Rangers, he's right; they were found guilty and have been suitably punished. However, finding a 'tax efficient' way of paying their players doesn't mean that those players could never have been registered and so the only reason to remove those titles from them would be a speculative assumption that the players would never had signed were it not for the payment arrangement

Personally I dislike both clubs with a passion and without wanting to offend those on here who support them, I think it would be better for Scottish society if they were both disbanded and forgotten about. Another pointless front for pointless sectarian conflict that I imagine a lot people don't even understand the historical basis of anymore

I don't have any problem with what he said. He says it as it is.

£47m in undisclosed payments. Do you think Rangers gained any advantages from that illegality? He chose not to say what he thinks. Discretion in the hostile enviroment of Glaswegian football is a wise strategy.

This.

But then again he was the manager when twice his team threw away league titles (once on the last day of the season) so big axe to grind, should have kept his gob shut and not perpetuate the sectarianism.

It's the journalists and people like yourself that are doing that.

of course it is if you say so, that is the law, amen.

What a great argument.

You should be embarrassed really. Those journalists quite clearly kept on and on about the same topic just to get a reaction they can feed to the outraged right wingers like yourself.

Congrats on fitting nicely into the stereotype they laid out for you.

What a great argument.

You should be embarrassed really. Those journalists quite clearly kept on and on about the same topic just to get a reaction they can feed to the outraged right wingers like yourself.

Congrats on fitting nicely into the stereotype they laid out for you.

or the stereotype you believe you lay out, but as everybody knows on here you know best and of course as you've met me so many times, you can form your opinion.

Right winger **** me mystic nibor fails again.

Really this argument on otib again, can we just say they hate each other, like all football rivalries, I am a celtic fan and am of Irish descent, but I don't hate them I just feel sorry for them in the same way as millwall or Leeds, they are bigots, some celtic fans are also bigots who shout up the ras without being Irish or even knowing what it even means. It's outdated and tired but viewing an old firm game it definitely exists. I don't hate rangers fans but I hate those who call for wading in Fenian blood, would be like a German team coming to bristol and mocking the bristol blitz. Lennon is just a man, who has been sent bullets and bomb threats a plenty and has been assaulted numerous times in Glasgow. Yes he is brash but so is Mourinho but they love him, Lennon could do the double this season and has got celtic into the knockout stages, whatever your misguided views are about him, you can't knock that.

or the stereotype you believe you lay out, but as everybody knows on here you know best and of course as you've met me so many times, you can form your opinion.

Right winger **** me mystic nibor fails again.

Your views as expressed on here whenever you link a daily fail article say it all really! You've done it again in this thread, serving up a load of vitriol for no apparent reason. Outraged by a man who has no affect on your life speaking simple facts into a camera. It's a perfect fit.

Your views as expressed on here whenever you link a daily fail article say it all really! You've done it again in this thread, serving up a load of vitriol for no apparent reason. Outraged by a man who has no affect on your life speaking simple facts into a camera. It's a perfect fit.

Vitriol?, outrage?, right winger?, don't see any daily fail links on this thread, but don't let the truth get in the way.

The bottom line is what happend to Rangers has absolutely nothing to do with sectarianism never did, but what has happened has benefited only 2 clubs in Scotland, Celtic who get a free uncontested path to the champions league and it's riches plus the award of the annual Celtic FC trophy as champions and of course whoever comes 2nd in that league. Gloating over it only adds fuel to the fire, as has been said the journo's only ask the questions he dosen't have to answer them.

Not 100% sure on this, but isn't Lennon Protestant? I thought that was why he got so much abuse as the manager of the Catholic team Celtic and why he was quite a controversial appointment? May be entirely wrong though

As for Rangers, he's right; they were found guilty and have been suitably punished. However, finding a 'tax efficient' way of paying their players doesn't mean that those players could never have been registered and so the only reason to remove those titles from them would be a speculative assumption that the players would never had signed were it not for the payment arrangement

Personally I dislike both clubs with a passion and without wanting to offend those on here who support them, I think it would be better for Scottish society if they were both disbanded and forgotten about. Another pointless front for pointless sectarian conflict that I imagine a lot people don't even understand the historical basis of anymore

Lennon is not Protestant, he is Roman Catholic. He had to stop playing for Northern Ireland after receiving threats from Loyalist paramilitaries.

Really this argument on otib again, can we just say they hate each other, like all football rivalries, I am a celtic fan and am of Irish descent, but I don't hate them I just feel sorry for them in the same way as millwall or Leeds, they are bigots, some celtic fans are also bigots who shout up the ras without being Irish or even knowing what it even means. It's outdated and tired but viewing an old firm game it definitely exists. I don't hate rangers fans but I hate those who call for wading in Fenian blood, would be like a German team coming to bristol and mocking the bristol blitz. Lennon is just a man, who has been sent bullets and bomb threats a plenty and has been assaulted numerous times in Glasgow. Yes he is brash but so is Mourinho but they love him, Lennon could do the double this season and has got celtic into the knockout stages, whatever your misguided views are about him, you can't knock that.

Spot on, Brian. I'm Irish & a Celtic fan too.

What is really fcuking tiresome is to hear the same poisonous bile directed at Celtic & Neil Lennon on OTIB again. There doesn't seem to be as many City/Celtic fans on here as City/Rangers (or at least 'gers fans are the most vocal). What unites us on here is a love for City. If you want to express your hate for Celtic then **** off to a Rangers site and do it. And if Celtic fans want to post hate about Rangers, then there's other sites they can go to too.

"Undisclosed payments" dont win you games on the pitch.

Sure Rangers broke the rules and a fine is appropriate but as far as im concerned none of the title winning players played illegally so rangers have every right to keep those titles

So players playing on undisclosed and wrongly registered contracts (while every other club has followed the rules) isn't illegal ?

Seems like there is a lot of The Rangers fans on here , why's this ?

Rangers really take the piss. Moaning about non of the clubs supporting them when they have been caught cheating for years. How on earth they kept the titles is quite staggering. Cheating scum.

So players playing on undisclosed and wrongly registered contracts (while every other club has followed the rules) isn't illegal ?

Seems like there is a lot of The Rangers fans on here , why's this ?

Because in general there's a lot of support for the Gers from the City. From being around north Bristol there's a lot support for Celtic from they filthy sag bar-stewards

All this aside, I actually worked with both clubs' commercial depts about 5 years ago. The differences in organisation were very evident. Celtic had a really good set up and did some really good stuff with their sponsors but in contrast the Rangers guys didn't seem to know what was going on. So I am not surprised what has happened over recent years.

Regardless of who you support, it's hard to argue with the fact that Neil Lennon is a horrible person.

Is he? He came across as a bit of a nasty player and an opinionated manager. I don't know the bloke as a person. So no idea if he is horrible.

All I do know, he has to put up with a lot more shite in his life, because of where he was born, what religion he was born into and the colour of his hair. His choice, be meek and fade into the background, or come out defend yourself don't take the bile and physical abuse aimed at him.

The bloke takes a shite load of abuse for sticking up for himself, his family, players and club.

Archived