IGNORED

Nani Sending Off

Super

I would imagine you would realise my post was talking about Somerset based Man Utd supporters who have never seen them ever play.

If I wanted to talk about every other Tom,Dick and Harry I would have mentioned them in my post!

and my point is that is the way of the world (unfortunately) and yet again another nail in the coffin of football from the sky legacy i'm afraid.

considering this is the biggest club in the world, or so they like to claim, not once seen a man utd fan at england away... says a lot about their fan base...

Many turned their backs on England after the treatment Beckham received after France 98'. Other players had loads of unnecessary stick too like the Neville's etc. I remember John Barnes got booed ridiculously. Maybe that's why Liverpool aren't to keen on England either and have adopted a club before country attitude like many United fans.

Many turned their backs on England after the treatment Beckham received after France 98'. Other players had loads of unnecessary stick too like the Neville's etc. I remember John Barnes got booed ridiculously. Maybe that's why Liverpool aren't to keen on England either and have adopted a club before country attitude like many United fans.

I think that a lot of people are frustrated about how London-centric things can be as well. Manchester and Liverpool are certainly not what you'd call 'normal' British cities, I think they have very different vibes, though I very much like them both.

I never really understood people putting country over club in a sporting sense. I'd sooner City won something or got promoted than Ireland winning anything (and not just because that'll never happen). Same way I'm all for Munster over Ireland and Somerset over Ireland or England.

I think that a lot of people are frustrated about how London-centric things can be as well. Manchester and Liverpool are certainly not what you'd call 'normal' British cities, I think they have very different vibes, though I very much like them both.

I never really understood people putting country over club in a sporting sense. I'd sooner City won something or got promoted than Ireland winning anything (and not just because that'll never happen). Same way I'm all for Munster over Ireland and Somerset over Ireland or England.

Same. I'd take City winning a major trophy over England winning something all day long. Another point on the matter.. United are in Europe pretty much every season so maybe the average United 'supporter' can't afford to do Euro away trips and England games all in one season. Must be quite hefty on the pocket. Unless of course they are minted or don't have an agenda with the anti United brigade that follow England.

Same. I'd take City winning a major trophy over England winning something all day long. Another point on the matter.. United are in Europe pretty much every season so maybe the average United 'supporter' can't afford to do Euro away trips and England games all in one season. Must be quite hefty on the pocket. Unless of course they are minted or don't have an agenda with the anti United brigade that follow England.

Interesting one. I would take city winning something over England winning the Euros, But City over England winning the World Cup (yeah like that will happen in my life time) well I am not sure. The immense rush of England winning the WC either being there, or being in a pub with a mixture of fans, it is pretty special.

I have witnessed city win promotion and win cups, I have not experienced England do that, so I reckon I would give up city winning something for 1 season, to see England win the word cup. As much as I bitch and moan about how poor England's players are, for them to win the WC would be very very special.

Interesting one. I would take city winning something over England winning the Euros, But City over England winning the World Cup (yeah like that will happen in my life time) well I am not sure. The immense rush of England winning the WC either being there, or being in a pub with a mixture of fans, it is pretty special.

I have witnessed city win promotion and win cups, I have not experienced England do that, so I reckon I would give up city winning something for 1 season, to see England win the word cup. As much as I bitch and moan about how poor England's players are, for them to win the WC would be very very special.

As mentioned before, I would take England never making a major finals for the rest of my life in exchange for City wining something of substance.

As mentioned before, I would take England never making a major finals for the rest of my life in exchange for City wining something of substance.

I can see where you're coming from. I think that it often depends on the way in which individuals predominantly identify themselves. Whether you identify yourself as being Bristolian rather than English or British, for example.

Don't get me wrong, when we won the Six Nations grand slam in 2009 it was brilliant, but not nearly as good as the two Heineken Cups Munster have won. To be fair football is a bit different for me, I never watched or cared about it before I started watching City so I'm all but 100% Bristolian in a footballing sense and it's a bit of an unfair comparison.

Can you please tell me the link between this and Nani's challenge? Thanks.

this is like talking to a plant pot. Threads have a habit of going on tangents, more so when they're three pages in. My post was a comment to a post by King Carrot, did you not see? Do you need anything else explained to you??

Archived