IGNORED

Best Foreigner That You Have Seen Playing For City?...

Superjack

Jackie has got a lot of votes but for me he wasn’t the best for one reason – lack of consistency. Some great games but others when he did very little. IMO Goater was a better player because it played well on a regular basis.

The thread is entitled “Best Foreigner That You Have Seen Playing For City?...” It doesn’t say anything about best football ability. If we’re looking for the best player for humorous entertainment I’d go for Ralph Milne (I count being Scottish as foreign). On some days he was a good player but on others he looked like he’d come straight from the pub. For some reason Man Utd bought him and he's often mentioned as their worst ever player.

For a best player in the “Running around like a headless chicken” category I’d go for Marvin Elliot on one of his bad days.

If footall is about entertainment then the moments of Jacki briliance stay with me the longest. 2 goals v Wolves in about 92 / 93 when we were in the do do spring to mind, first one outside the box. Never saw Moller of Meijer so can't comment.

That said I was in Krakow a few years ago talking to some Wisla fans, and when I mentioned Jacki the look of pity they gave me was terrible!

Archived