IGNORED

Best Foreigner That You Have Seen Playing For City?...

Superjack

Alec Eisentrager.

Actually I'm not that old, so I never saw him play. Thought I'd put him in for our older supporters as he comes with a great reputation; probably the best foreigner I haven't seen.

Geert Meijer for me, or the Goat.

One player I wish i'd witnessed playing.

My fathers all time favourite.

Such a gentleman too... was a pleasure to meet and chat with him a while back.

Got him to sign his page in City Greats book.

It made my father very happy... could see the memories come flooding back in his eyes.

Enjoyed watching Jacki, Basso, Testimatanu, Soren Anderson and Vilmos Seebok...who i believe was still playing up to recently.

Alec Eisentrager.

Actually I'm not that old, so I never saw him play. Thought I'd put him in for our older supporters as he comes with a great reputation; probably the best foreigner I haven't seen.

Geert Meijer for me, or the Goat.

Alec was some player, you must remember in the 1950s their was still a lot of ill feeling towards Germans. He was a great footballer and a gentleman.

Jacki - by two miles!

Best moment for me was H v Ipswich when he beat two defenders by flicking the ball over his head and theirs and running between them. Then the day he almost beat Wolves single handedly at Molineux - and the day he came on as sub at home (Wolves again I think) and did beat them single handedly!

Saying he didn't do it consistently is a bit like saying Mansfield away 5-4 wasn't special because it doesn't happen often!

They are British.

They are not English.

No, but you are a British national, not an English national. The proper country (that satisfies all definitions) that we live in is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland; which is what most people refer to as British (even though Great Britain is just one island).

Being Scottish does NOT make you foreign. Neither does being Welsh, or Northern Irish.

Jacki - by two miles!

Best moment for me was H v Ipswich when he beat two defenders by flicking the ball over his head and theirs and running between them. Then the day he almost beat Wolves single handedly at Molineux - and the day he came on as sub at home (Wolves again I think) and did beat them single handedly!

Saying he didn't do it consistently is a bit like saying Mansfield away 5-4 wasn't special because it doesn't happen often!

Jacki definitely. Dave, funny you bring that Ipswich game up coz this is another incident that had me thinking I've lost the plot. I remember that overhead flick like yesterday, was sitting in the dolman that day and remember an audible gasp when he did it. none of my mates recall it though and at times I thought i must have dreamt it :D Never seen the flick shown on TV / included in the season's VHS highlights, but for me, it's one of those really special memories.

The Wolves game speaks for itself. One of those nights you leave AG just utterly blown away and breathless. A rare moment that cancels out the crap times in a stroke. Those on this thread criticizing the man clearly have no romance in their soul, it's fair to say Jacki defined everything we worship about maverick players and flawed geniuses. Sure he went missing in many of his games, but I'd take his flashes of greatness over 100 workhorse performances any day.

A couple of other favourite Jacki games - his home debut against Sarfend and his double against Pompey in that legendary opening game of the following season. God we had optimistic hopes after that match. I missed his definitive game, up at Leicester, though it's well documented. Can't find many other Jacki performance on YouTube, if any has any links other than Leicester (and getting thumped at Forest) I'd be most appreciative :)

As for the others - I agree with the Goater and Goodridge posts. Great entertainers on their day, just nowhere near the benchmark set by Jacki.

Had to wade in on this thread..................... #1 = Jacki

remember well a pre-season game at 'Wimborne Town FC'......... and he was showboating most of the time he was on

the rest of the team were getting a bit p'd off with him I think as he turned it into a ONE MAN SHOW!

okay that was only a pre-season game against a much lower league team

but wow what a show to watch.

He had it...... he knew it and so did anyone watching.

LOCK UP YOUR BOOZE, WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND THOUGH :)

Archived