IGNORED

Mcinnes And Board Thanks......

Pete1975Legend

I've got a lose connection to one of the players not being picked by DMAC and not being picked now. He was dissatisfied, I don't know what his morale is now.

The point is; part of managing a TEAM, or squad, is maximising the potential of all for the good of that team.

DMAC blatantly failed in this respect.

Don't understand your point here WTF.

Of course this player isn't happy if neither Del nor SO'D think he's up to the first team.

But if you're saying Del was somehow remiss in not including him and was managing him incorrectly, then surely exactly the same applies to SO'D.

Perhaps the failure here lies not with the two managers but something lacking in the player himself.

Sounds like it's time for him to move on.

Yes Hi Havana

You clearly have some insight into cultures in the work place.

Without getting into what conversations have been had, what I can tell you is as a football club players and managers have at times been brought in with a brief to alter an existing culture with our team!

Gary Johnson made it perfectly clear that we had too many footballers and not enough football players on his arrival and went about the task of shifting those who would not change and changing the attitudes of those he could....This was all pretty much said at the time.

During the Wilson period there was a culture of drinking discussed a thousand times on here...Roberts Peacock Doherty among others were mentioned (allegedly) drinking heavily...Roberts eventually turned to AA if I am not mistaken

Tinnion was given the job post Wilson and the acramony between the two was at the point where they couldnt look at each other on the touchline when they met...You may be able to find the interview still where Wilson told the interviewer to move on regarding questions about his relationship with Tinnion. Wilson felt he had been undermined by Tinnion among others and from what I understand that may have carried on in the dressing room as Tinnion himself was undermined.

McInnes was a bad appointment. His way simply did not fit with the players he had at his disposal and thusl failed abysmally....However you will read simply dozens of posts on here about how much the players were to blame for poor performances. All alluding toward players simply gave up...which some clearly did. Cole Skuse went as far as to tell supporters twice at the end of match's that they were trying....What a mess and still people backed McInnes.

Ther are loads of other things I could bring up and yes you could say that these things I mention happend in isolation. However your theory of a batton holder across several managers is really not what happens in the real world. Employees come and go leave, retire etc...and cultures get passed on as the new guys come in. There is no begining and end its dynamic...

Managers may come and go but many of the players will play for two or three a culture gets passed in this way as new players come in much as it does in a work place.

Are City any worse than any other club....I simply dont know...I dont follow any other club to be able to comment. What I can say is that for years there has been speculation and it (poor culture and attitude) feels to me like it is a bigger problem here than most clubs.

Yes there is no direct link between Drunken binges in the 90's and 2000's and players not putting it in this season...But you could infer a cycle of player power that the club has been unable to get a grip of succesfully!

Hi Red, Thanks for the reply.

Yes I think my post suggested that any handing of a 'baton' down the line was highly unlikely. Your remark about it being 'dynamic' is probably a word that sums it up nicely and perhaps ties in with human nature. In other words its just there like a culture and is, as I mentioned I think, at any club given the testosterone rich young chaps in a confined dressing room environment all the time. Clearly its worse at some places than others perhaps it is with City, I guess we can never know that unless we were the proverbial fly on the wall at all 92 clubs and then activate a survey!

It will interesting to see if the post honeymoon with SOD means we revert to type. Could it be that sweeping any dynamic culture away is really only achieved if there is a mass clear out and to do that, the optimal way, is to change divisions? You could say Charlton and particularly Southampton and Norwich have demonstrated that admirably well; going down before coming back fitter, stronger and with a brand new culture. Sad but quite possibly true.

Maybe a phone call to Delia Smith would help; she always says her 'door' is open.

I agree completely - Lansdown is the most useless chairman we've ever had. Before appointing McInnes (who absolutely none of us wanted, no siree)why didn't he simply jump into his time machine, fast forward a year, see how hopeless the man who saved us last season would become this season, and do something different?

Come to think of it, why didn't he go back in time as well and slip something into Windyass's drink the night before the play-off final?

What a waste of space!

Why don't you and I pool our collective billions and take over the club. I'll put in £100, so if you put in £99,999,900 then we'll have a £100m takeover deal.

Top post

A few loud voices on here don't echo everybody's thoughts

Steve lansdown is without doubt comittted to the betterment if this club

And the Adam baker/Jon lansdown comments well out of order, why shouldn't he have somebody extremely close to him protecting his interests

Ill put in 100 pounds to so now only 99999800 to raise

Hi Red, Thanks for the reply.

Yes I think my post suggested that any handing of a 'baton' down the line was highly unlikely. Your remark about it being 'dynamic' is probably a word that sums it up nicely and perhaps ties in with human nature. In other words its just there like a culture and is, as I mentioned I think, at any club given the testosterone rich young chaps in a confined dressing room environment all the time. Clearly its worse at some places than others perhaps it is with City, I guess we can never know that unless we were the proverbial fly on the wall at all 92 clubs and then activate a survey!

It will interesting to see if the post honeymoon with SOD means we revert to type. Could it be that sweeping any dynamic culture away is really only achieved if there is a mass clear out and to do that, the optimal way, is to change divisions? You could say Charlton and particularly Southampton and Norwich have demonstrated that admirably well; going down before coming back fitter, stronger and with a brand new culture. Sad but quite possibly true.

Maybe a phone call to Delia Smith would help; she always says her 'door' is open.

Yes...I have a lot of sympathy with what you say particularly regarding SOD.

It is also the first time I have even entertained the thought that actually going down could have a silver lining! However I'll still be keeping my fingers crossed for the last eight!

Take Care on the Road!

If we do go down I will try and get Delia's number

Archived