IGNORED

Mcinnes And Board Thanks......

Pete1975Legend

Yes thanks to u bunch of idiots we look relegation fodder.

Why did the board continue to back mcinnes after 3 draws in 11 games?

When its confirmed we are down the board must take responsibility and mcinnes for constantly changing the team.

Of course they will take responsibility. Its called the adverse balance sheet for next season.

City had embarked on a massive culture change that McInnes had been given a huge role in. Because of this he got sacked about a month later than he should have been. .

Couple that with a pretty impressive start to the season and there was the faint hope that he might turn us around, which is why some argued that he should be given more time. The Board are there to be shot at as their decisions are crucial to our success or failure, but I was with them on the timing of the sacking.

We are where we are now and hopefully we've found the right man to take us forward in O'Driscoll, whatever division we may be in next season. Every cloud....

Del should have been sacked after the wolves game...however, we wouldn't have had o'driscoll

And there is the dilemma.

If he had gone earlier, we would now have a different manager in charge. Who knows if he could have kept us up and if not, if he would have been the man to win us promotion from L1. Where as now we probably wont stay up but i believe we have the right man to bounce us straight back up.

We still should have sacked McCluless earlier

Yes as someone stated the club encouraged a culture change! Whether this was a McInness idea or a board idea I'm not sure, however it did give the man time that he should never had have.

The bloke was on TV lamenting that he was given the job of lowering the costs and that was the reason we were struggling and yet O'Driscoll has given us some measure of hope with the same players.

McInness was widely supported on this message board when he was appointed and was supported by many when it was obvious he was not up to the task which didn't help, nevertheless its accademic now! Yes SOD is clearly the man for the task to move us forward within the constraints of a budget. In divvy1 is we do go down the young lads will get their chance!

Del should have been sacked after the wolves game...however, we wouldn't have had o'driscoll

spot on, IF we're going the league 1, couldn't think of a better manager to have than SOD.

We could of ditched Del earlier and quite easily appointed another dud and be down by now

We've been going backwards since Wembley. Bad managerial appointments and overpaying average footballers nobody else wants has cost ths club big time. Too much deadwood that we have struggled to shift and their high wages have prevented us strengthening the required areas such as at centre half. To blame McInnes for our current predicament is rediculous.

if we had sacked McInnes before boxing day we would not have got So'D, and on the 28th of December we beat Peterborough 4-1 so it wasn't on the cards.

I was surprised he didn't go after the 0-2 loss to B'ham away, but who would we have got in? Robins? In the long run sacking Del in Jan and getting So'D in then is the right call.

Steve Lansdown and the board are 100% to blame for the current situation, and their awful decisions are now coming back to bite them on the backside.

Until proper football people are employed at the club, instead of a bunch of number crunches, it will continue to die a slow death.

People like Brian Tinnion , Gerry Sweeney, Alan Walsh, Tom Ritchie etc should all be on board behind the scenes, as they are all people with a passion for the club, and vast experience, wasted elsewhere, whilst the club employ PE instructors and fitness coaches in roles they have no right to be in.

I don't understand why Steve Lansdown fails to address this obvious void of talent, wasted elsewhere?

Is it because he is a complete control freak, and insists on people like Adam Baker, the clubs press officer to stick his unqualified two penneth worth of opinion on Radio Bristol?

Why not have an ex pro who's opinion is valid?

They seem scared to death of any criticism being raised.

What qualifications does Adam Baker have to do so, apart from being a club insider?

Hardly in a position to slaughter the obvious short falls is he?

Then you have the employment of his son in a lofty position, far too high for such a young pair of shoulders.

Be fair, the only reason he is there is because he's Daddy's puppet and occasional mouth piece, which should be the role of our mute Chairman, another appalling appointment !

Was our former Chairman, who left the club in mysterious circumstances after the Ashton Vale debacle, to blame for the Mcinness appointment, shown the door, as the club always like to make out they leave of their own accord in a glowing press statement, after they've been forced out?

Cos it's strange that a few months later he appears at Plymouth?

I don't believe a thing they say any more, which is sad, as I know loyal servants who have been absolutely defecated on, and shown no respect what so ever.

Appointments made throughout the club, seem to be total puppets of Steve Lansdown and the major factor to our current demise, and nothing will change until he accepts he needs proper qualified people in the correct positions at the club, not sycophants who bow and scrape to him.

The only credit I can give the club at this moment in time is Sean O'driscoll is the first decent appointment for years, but I feel so sorry for him, knowing what he has to work with.

Sort it out Mr Lansdown, as soon we will be in a worse situation than when you took over the reins of our beloved club.

I believe that McInnes was sacked maybe 1 or 2 games late imo. I am proud to have a board who give managers time and don't chop and change willy nilly. We all know in the long term we need stability and consistency to become bigger and better. McInnes did everything right except manage the 1st team.

The boards mistake was not investing in in the academy and our scouting. If these areas had been invested in, Johnson could still be here as he wouldn't have bought a load of ****.

We are a club with millions in losses every year, our redevelopment of policies etc has taken its toll in potential relegation. Lets look at the positives.

1) We have 2 stadium ideas, one of which will come to fruition in the next 6 years imo.

2) We have a good manager who likes to be in it for the long run, and is good at working on a budget. Also a good manager (which helps)

3) Basis of a good team forming which is quite young.

4) Losses are being cut.

5) We have more than enough ability to be back in the championship (if we go down) in 2 years under SOD.

But when all that is said and done, we're not even down yet.

COYR!

Steve Lansdown and the board are 100% to blame for the current situation, and their awful decisions are now coming back to bite them on the backside.

Until proper football people are employed at the club, instead of a bunch of number crunches, it will continue to die a slow death.

People like Brian Tinnion , Gerry Sweeney, Alan Walsh, Tom Ritchie etc should all be on board behind the scenes, as they are all people with a passion for the club, and vast experience, wasted elsewhere, whilst the club employ PE instructors and fitness coaches in roles they have no right to be in.

I don't understand why Steve Lansdown fails to address this obvious void of talent, wasted elsewhere?

Is it because he is a complete control freak, and insists on people like Adam Baker, the clubs press officer to stick his unqualified two penneth worth of opinion on Radio Bristol?

What qualifications does Adam Baker have to do so, apart from being a club insider?

Then you have the employment of his son in a lofty position, far too high for such a young pair of shoulders.

Be fair, the only reason he is there is because he's Daddy's puppet and occasional mouth piece, which should be the role of our mute Chairman, another appalling appointment !

Was our former Chairman, who left the club in mysterious circumstances after the Ashton Vale debacle, to blame for the Mcinness appointment, shown the door, as the club always like to make out they leave of their own accord in a glowing press statement, after they've been forced out?

I don't believe a thing they say any more, which is sad, as I know loyal servants who have been absolutely defecated on, and shown no respect what so ever.

Appointments made throughout the club, seem to be total puppets of Steve Lansdown and the major factor to our current demise, and nothing will change until he accepts he needs proper qualified people in the correct positions at the club, not sycophants who bow and scrape to him.

The only credit I can give the club at this moment in time is Sean O'Driscoll is the first decent appointment for years, but I feel so sorry for him, knowing what he has to work with.

Sort it out Mr Lansdown, as soon we will be in a worse situation than when you took over the reins of our beloved club.

Yeah agree with a lot of this. People solely blaming McInnes just don't see the bigger picture. The job he was given was just too big. He got rid of a lot of the deadwood but there is still too much here.

The club look like they are starting to put things right behind the scenes but it could be too little too late. Should we go down I don't think we could hand pick a better manager for getting us back up at the first time of asking.

The only credit I can give the club at this moment in time is Sean O'Driscoll is the first decent appointment for years, but I feel so sorry for him, knowing what he has to work with.

Interesting stuff! There were many on here that labelled Alan Walsh and various other ex City men as waisters and hangers on and were happy McInness replaced them with 'hiis own men!

Personally I have always thought that a club like ours need its own men to be succesful...Liverpool used to have the boot room gang, Shanks et al and this is what brought them so much success through the 70-80's Dont forget the mighty Liverpool were in Divvy 2 in the 60's

I would be very much in favour of a director of football as it is clear that SOD wants to be a coach rather than a manager. So who would you choose?

Lets be honest it needs to be someone who has some kind of assosciation with us and lives somewhat locally!

Yeah agree with a lot of this. People solely blaming McInnes just don't see the bigger picture. The job he was given was just too big. He got rid of a lot of the deadwood but there is still too much here.

The club look like they are starting to put things right behind the scenes but it could be too little too late. Should we go down I don't think we could hand pick a better manager for getting us back up at the first time of asking.

Just out of interest, who would you have gone for instead of McInnes?

Yes the board got it wrong with him, but he was the unanimous choice of fans on here. Not many people didn't want him and it's not as if he wasn't heavily backed during his time here.

Yes the board got it wrong with him, but he was the unanimous choice of fans on here. Not many people didn't want him and it's not as if he wasn't heavily backed during his time here.

McInnes actually did quite a deal of good to the club while he was here - it was the on-field tactics that were so disastrous. I guess managing in Scotland must be a lot easier...

All this talk of not getting SOD if McInness had been sacked any earlier, or any later is totally irrelevant. We sacked Del when we did, and appointed the best available at the time, BUT if we had sacked Del earlier, who is to say we wouldn't have appointed Billy Davies. Look at the run he is on with Forest now, and does that make him a better manager than SOD? Who can say, but we will never know if the appointment we would have made at any given time, would have kept us up. I personally happen to think, and shoot me down if you wish, that Billy Davies probably would have.

Well the only other viable option was Mark Robins, and look what happened to him after. He deserted Coventry a few months into his reign as soon as a better job came up.

Yeah I was all for McInnes and was gutted it never worked out for him. I'm glad we now have SO'D but to put the blame 100% on McInnes is unfair. That's all I'm saying. He was backed pretty well and most of his signings are improvements on what we already had. He explained that he desperately searched for defenders but his targets wanted too much cash.

Yeah I was all for McInnes and was gutted it never worked out for him. I'm glad we now have SO'D but to put the blame 100% on McInnes is unfair. That's all I'm saying. He was backed pretty well and most of his signings are improvements on what we already had. He explained that he desperately searched for defenders but his targets wanted too much cash.

For me I think Del should take almost all of the blame for his reign. I don't think the board can be blamed for appointing him and trying a new approach. However I do think they can be blamed for everything since Gary Johnsons departure.

McInnes actually did quite a deal of good to the club while he was here - it was the on-field tactics that were so disastrous. I guess managing in Scotland must be a lot easier...

Yes he did, but then completely lost the plot. Perhaps he got too comfy!? Who knows? But his decisions with regards to the playing side of things have been very strange.

We could have got Mark Robbins. It would have involved paying compensation to Coventry but would have been worth it if we stay up.

Archived