IGNORED

Mcinnes And Board Thanks......

Pete1975Legend

Mark Robins was out of work then, and only joined Coventry after our job was filled.

He actually joined Coventry in September 2012 and left to join Huddersfield in February 2013

Well the only other viable option was Mark Robins, and look what happened to him after. He deserted Coventry a few months into his reign as soon as a better job came up.

No it wasnt.....................a number of potentials were Interviewed first time round and SOD was one of them.

That came from CS just after DM's appointment.

I liked Del but some of his decisions were ridiculous. Playing Fontaine when his confidence was shot and never giving Anderson a look in we're the worst for me. However to blame him for everything is wrong.

Well the only other viable option was Mark Robins, and look what happened to him after. He deserted Coventry a few months into his reign as soon as a better job came up.

SOD was available and interviews but got rejected in favour of McInnes by the board

Clueless

As for fans, McInnes only become fans choice when it was a 2 horse race between him and Robins. Most had never heard of him

SOD was available and interviews but got rejected in favour of McInnes by the board

Clueless

As for fans, McInnes only become fans choice when it was a 2 horse race between him and Robins. Most had never heard of him

I agree completely - Lansdown is the most useless chairman we've ever had. Before appointing McInnes (who absolutely none of us wanted, no siree)why didn't he simply jump into his time machine, fast forward a year, see how hopeless the man who saved us last season would become this season, and do something different?

Come to think of it, why didn't he go back in time as well and slip something into Windyass's drink the night before the play-off final?

What a waste of space!

Why don't you and I pool our collective billions and take over the club. I'll put in £100, so if you put in £99,999,900 then we'll have a £100m takeover deal.

I agree completely - Lansdown is the most useless chairman we've ever had. Before appointing McInnes (who absolutely none of us wanted, no siree)why didn't he simply jump into his time machine, fast forward a year, see how hopeless the man who saved us last season would become this season, and do something different?

Come to think of it, why didn't he go back in time as well and slip something into Windyass's drink the night before the play-off final?

What a waste of space!

Why don't you and I pool our collective billions and take over the club. I'll put in £100, so if you put in £99,999,900 then we'll have a £100m takeover deal.

Nobody wanted Mcinnes? I must of imagined it all then. Laughable.

In order to win the next 'I said it first' t-shirt. .... wht didn't the board sack S.O.D. after losing to Wolves away.

?

There. Just leave it at that for anything between two months and five years and then claim to be the one with vision and foresight, rather than just riding the coat tails of hindsight. ....

Steve Lansdown and the board are 100% to blame for the current situation, and their awful decisions are now coming back to bite them on the backside.

Until proper football people are employed at the club, instead of a bunch of number crunches, it will continue to die a slow death.

People like Brian Tinnion , Gerry Sweeney, Alan Walsh, Tom Ritchie etc should all be on board behind the scenes, as they are all people with a passion for the club, and vast experience, wasted elsewhere, whilst the club employ PE instructors and fitness coaches in roles they have no right to be in.

I don't understand why Steve Lansdown fails to address this obvious void of talent, wasted elsewhere?

Is it because he is a complete control freak, and insists on people like Adam Baker, the clubs press officer to stick his unqualified two penneth worth of opinion on Radio Bristol?

Why not have an ex pro who's opinion is valid?

They seem scared to death of any criticism being raised.

What qualifications does Adam Baker have to do so, apart from being a club insider?

Hardly in a position to slaughter the obvious short falls is he?

Then you have the employment of his son in a lofty position, far too high for such a young pair of shoulders.

Be fair, the only reason he is there is because he's Daddy's puppet and occasional mouth piece, which should be the role of our mute Chairman, another appalling appointment !

Was our former Chairman, who left the club in mysterious circumstances after the Ashton Vale debacle, to blame for the Mcinness appointment, shown the door, as the club always like to make out they leave of their own accord in a glowing press statement, after they've been forced out?

Cos it's strange that a few months later he appears at Plymouth?

I don't believe a thing they say any more, which is sad, as I know loyal servants who have been absolutely defecated on, and shown no respect what so ever.

Appointments made throughout the club, seem to be total puppets of Steve Lansdown and the major factor to our current demise, and nothing will change until he accepts he needs proper qualified people in the correct positions at the club, not sycophants who bow and scrape to him.

The only credit I can give the club at this moment in time is Sean O'Driscoll is the first decent appointment for years, but I feel so sorry for him, knowing what he has to work with.

Sort it out Mr Lansdown, as soon we will be in a worse situation than when you took over the reins of our beloved club.

mr lansdown washes away countless millions on this club he can say and do what he wants, just think yerself lucky we have a fan in charge.

mr lansdown washes away countless millions on this club he can say and do what he wants, just think yerself lucky we have a fan in charge.

Spot on

What would happen if he walked away?

The answers is Bristol city would no longer exist

Think it's very harsh to put all the blame on Mcinnes. He came into the job as a young inexperienced manager of English football, he made some very good signings and at one point it seemed to be working well.

However, after the P'boro game it all went tits up! I really think the loss of Cunningham had a big factor as the balance of the team totally wasn't there anymore. Fontaine had to play on the left, it didn't work and he lost his confidence so it then left Mcinnes to tinker with the team which lead to his downfall.

He should have gone earlier - agreed.

In his defence:

He kept us up last season and we played some cracking stuff, beating saints home and away.

He started the season brightly, open, attacking football with a full squad.

He got hooped by injuries to all of the defence and Skuse at the same time = Momentum lost, confidence shot to pieces.

He is managing possibly the worst BCFC squad that I have ever seen.

Harve

Interesting stuff! There were many on here that labelled Alan Walsh and various other ex City men as waisters and hangers on and were happy McInness replaced them with 'hiis own men!

Personally I have always thought that a club like ours need its own men to be succesful...Liverpool used to have the boot room gang, Shanks et al and this is what brought them so much success through the 70-80's Dont forget the mighty Liverpool were in Divvy 2 in the 60's

I would be very much in favour of a director of football as it is clear that SOD wants to be a coach rather than a manager. So who would you choose?

Lets be honest it needs to be someone who has some kind of assosciation with us and lives somewhat locally!

I would go for Joe Jorden, i know he may have moved away from Bristol. But he loved the area and knows a fair bit about football

He had to go yeah, maybe it was too late but there were some notable displays and results under him all the same this season.

4-2 v Cardiff, thought we were great that day.

4-1 v Palace- look where they are.

4-2 v Peterborough, were on a major run of form before that game yet we battered them.

3-1 at Boro- Riverside was a fortress at that point, one of the better home records in division.

On the other hand though, the negatives outweighed the positives, his lack of gametime to Anderson was baffling, the inability to keep a clean sheet disastrous as were all the late goals we shipped. I suppose those 4 displays were what brought him time.

Dont understand how some people here can solely blame McInnes for Citys woes now, we've been on a downward spiral since Gary Johnsons departure down to mismanagement and some very questionable decision making from the board. Dont get me wrong SL has pumped alot of cash into the kitty to keep City afloat and we are thankful for what he has done but think we wouldnt be in such a position if the decision making was better.. the sad fact is we have gone totally backwards and now are in a constant struggle to stay up season after season! yes McInnes did lose the plot a little with tactics etc but the players shoud be also be held accountable to with their disgraceful performances, no matter how McInnes's tactics could have deemed confusing at times it just seemed the players didnt wanna know. Whatever happened after the Blackburn home game we'll never know... there was fight and passion upto and including that game and all of a sudden it just went wrong.

Just out of interest, who would you have gone for instead of McInnes?

Yes the board got it wrong with him, but he was the unanimous choice of fans on here. Not many people didn't want him and it's not as if he wasn't heavily backed during his time here.

Just out of interest, who would you have gone for instead of McInnes?

Yes the board got it wrong with him, but he was the unanimous choice of fans on here. Not many people didn't want him and it's not as if he wasn't heavily backed during his time here.

..I believe many fans wished for a manager with a proven track record in England and the championship...certainly speculative to claim he was an unanimous choice..certainly wasn't mine!...though of course I backed him to the hilt when appointed..as said before,nice bloke,as was Keith Millen.just the wrong bloke.

Yes the board got it wrong with him, but he was the unanimous choice of fans on here. (Not many people didn't want him) and it's not as if he wasn't heavily backed during his time here.

You sound like the 'head of misinformation' in one of the old soviet era countries. "We can announce that Mr Honecker has been re-elected with 99.8% of the popular vote. (one party, one vote).

Another Oxymoron.

Dont understand how some people here can solely blame McInnes for Citys woes now, we've been on a downward spiral since Gary Johnsons departure down to mismanagement and some very questionable decision making from the board. Dont get me wrong SL has pumped alot of cash into the kitty to keep City afloat and we are thankful for what he has done but think we wouldnt be in such a position if the decision making was better.. the sad fact is we have gone totally backwards and now are in a constant struggle to stay up season after season! yes McInnes did lose the plot a little with tactics etc but the players shoud be also be held accountable to with their disgraceful performances, no matter how McInnes's tactics could have deemed confusing at times it just seemed the players didnt wanna know. Whatever happened after the Blackburn home game we'll never know... there was fight and passion upto and including that game and all of a sudden it just went wrong.

I agree with this 100% nice to see a fellow red who doesnt JUST want to blame McInnes

I agree with this 100% nice to see a fellow red who doesnt JUST want to blame McInnes

He was just made the sacrificial goat for the boards failures over the past few years. The abuse he received at the time was a complete joke and some fans should be ashamed of themselves, clearly had the best interests of the club at heart but it just didnt work out.

He was just made the sacrificial goat for the boards failures over the past few years. The abuse he received at the time was a complete joke and some fans should be ashamed of themselves, clearly had the best interests of the club at heart but it just didnt work out.

BCFC were the sacrificial goat - clueless and the board were the executioners

Are you for real? Mciness was a disaster! Look at the difference since SOD has come in. Still the same board and players but much better results. You should be ashamed of yourself!

Archived