IGNORED

Say Goodbye To The Game You Used To Know

fka dagest

I used to work as Sales Director for a very well respected company in Nuneaton who boasted of being an "Equal Opportunities" employer.. We wanted to take on a new Software Engineer and interviewed several possibilities.

When it came to the cruch and a decision was to be made I put a name forward who was by a country mile the best person for the job. Our Managing Director (who incidently was trying to enter Politics in his hometown of Andover) said "You must be joking". I replied, "Why, he is exactly what we need". His reply, "He's ******g black".

I resigned the next day.

Like the OP, I take people as I find them.

I used to work as Sales Director for a very well respected company in Nuneaton who boasted of being an "Equal Opportunities" employer.. We wanted to take on a new Software Engineer and interviewed several possibilities.

When it came to the cruch and a decision was to be made I put a name forward who was by a country mile the best person for the job. Our Managing Director (who incidently was trying to enter Politics in his hometown of Andover) said "You must be joking". I replied, "Why, he is exactly what we need". His reply, "He's ******g black".

I resigned the next day.

Like the OP, I take people as I find them.

I used to live in Andover. Your ex-boss sounds like he'd do well in local politics there!

Archived