IGNORED

How Many Relagations?

stephenkibby.

This will be my second. First was in 99 but I didn't fully appreciate how bad it was as I was only 12/13. I'm pretty sure this one is going to hurt but to be honest, I've been expecting it for months and it will almost be a relief to be put out our misery. Will still be gutted though.

Every one since the mid 60’s for me. The promotions are great but I can do without the relegations.

The problem is, City is really a team whose normal standard is somewhere between higher League 1 level and lower Championship level. As a result here are a lot of relegations / promotions. (There have been the occasional adventures to the top or the bottom leagues but these are rare.)

If we go down this year the club has to ensure that when we come back up the proper foundations are in place to, at least, stay in the Championship

Bloody hell tears over a football club... dear oh dear, grieving! !!!!!!!

It is a bloody football club, no one has died, we may drop one level.

Save tears for loved ones passing away. This football club means very little compared to the real important things in life.

Have a beer and have a laugh, think next season will be better and get on with your weekend. Job done.

I think you have got the right attitude redcityman. I just don't get why people use words such as grieving for a relegation of a bloody football club.

Yeah weird, in it? how much football means to people....

We were in the old Div 3 when I started (1964-65) and in 2013-14 we'll probably be back in the old Div 3

Promoted 1964-65

Promoted 1975-76

Relegated 1979-80, 1980-81, 1981-82

Promoted 1983-84

Promoted 1989-90

Relegated 1994-95

Promoted 1997-98

Relegated 1998-99

Promoted 2006-07

Relegated 2012-13 (?)

I make it five six of each in my time.

Wigan Athletic is the only League side NEVER to have be relegated in their entire history. AFC Wimbledon may have a claim but that's stretching a point in my opinion.

Sorry mate, Wigan were relegated in 1992-93....

Sorry mate, Wigan were relegated in 1992-93....

Mea culpe, I have a mate who is a Wigan fan and he trots out that stat when tired and emotional.

I think they have never been relegated from the top flight of English football and are the only side not to have suffered that.

3rd but had very limited experience of the first one, was too young to really internalise the reality of the second one, this one would be the hardest to take. Spent most of my years growing up in the third flight, gonna be hard to accept if we end up where it began for me.

This is Bristol City. We've spent 100 years see sawing between the 2nd and 3rd tier of English football, and I don't suppose it will be any different the next 100! OK, we get the very occasional spell above or below that, but we always end up where it began! Very early in my life the great Tommy Docherty (the Man U manager, not the city midfielder) came to Ashton Gate and pronounced himself 'pleased to see City back where they belong: 11th in the (old) second division'. Funny, but also very true. We'll be back, but then we'll go down again! If you got to choose who you support, and most of us don't, you probably wouldn't choose City. But look on the bright side, you're not a sag!

Archived