IGNORED

How Many Relagations?

stephenkibby.

my first one, and a few questions.

How long is the grieving process??

Will I shead a tear when it happens??

How long till rival fans forget about it?

The grieving process depends on how well we do next term, if we get off to a flyer all the doom and gloom will evaporate, most will be just happy to see us competing as a team again.

Tears depends on age and experience IMO, it'll be my sixth and I doubt I'll shed a tear, don't get me wrong I'll be as disappointed as the next guy, as one gets older football becomes less of the be and end all, our turn will come again and there's no point getting upset over something we have no control over.

As to how long till rival fans forget about it is anyone's guess, no doubt the rubbish up the road will be overjoyed at our demise, to them it will be treated like a promotion for themselves, I'd imagine they'll have a open top bus tour to celebrate.

Play off final took me a whole summer and more to get over, be very suprised if i recover in a couple of days

hay that was your first,trust me when walsall,brentford,cardiff ffs have done you in the play offs,then you go to northampton on a sunday in div 4 loose 7-1 and go to the bottom of the entire football league,then you can take this.

happy days cider,armyy it makes us city fans.

hay that was your first,trust me when walsall,brentford,cardiff ffs have done you in the play offs,then you go to northampton on a sunday in div 4 loose 7-1 and go to the bottom of the entire football league,then you can take this.

happy days cider,armyy it makes us city fans.

completely agree, ctid

The grieving process depends on how well we do next term, if we get off to a flyer all the doom and gloom will evaporate, most will be just happy to see us competing as a team again.

Tears depends on age and experience IMO, it'll be my sixth and I doubt I'll shed a tear, don't get me wrong I'll be as disappointed as the next guy, as one gets older football becomes less of the be and end all, our turn will come again and there's no point getting upset over something we have no control over.

As to how long till rival fans forget about it is anyone's guess, no doubt the rubbish up the road will be overjoyed at our demise, to them it will be treated like a promotion for themselves, I'd imagine they'll have a open top bus tour to celebrate.

Do they do open top minibuses?

Do they do open top minibuses?

A friend of mine who is Gas told me they flash the City score onto their scoreboard if we concede a goal, but don't if we score a goal, this is done while their game is in progress, not just at half time, or full time.

Not sure if that is true, but if it is that is one hell of a complex those guys have.

Yep Rovers are loving it, read their forum it's hilarious, they think they will be promoted by Xmas next season!!

We were in the old Div 3 when I started (1964-65) and in 2013-14 we'll probably be back in the old Div 3

Promoted 1964-65

Promoted 1975-76

Relegated 1979-80, 1980-81, 1981-82

Promoted 1983-84

Promoted 1989-90

Relegated 1994-95

Promoted 1997-98

Relegated 1998-99

Promoted 2006-07

Relegated 2012-13 (?)

I make it five six of each in my time.

Wigan Athletic is the only League side NEVER to have be relegated in their entire history. AFC Wimbledon may have a claim but that's stretching a point in my opinion.

Bloody hell tears over a football club... dear oh dear, grieving! !!!!!!!

It is a bloody football club, no one has died, we may drop one level.

Save tears for loved ones passing away. This football club means very little compared to the real important things in life.

Have a beer and have a laugh, think next season will be better and get on with your weekend. Job done.

I think you have got the right attitude redcityman. I just don't get why people use words such as grieving for a relegation of a bloody football club.

my first one, and a few questions.

How long is the grieving process??

Will I shead a tear when it happens??

How long till rival fans forget about it?

It's football, get over it.

Like Boris Becker said "I lost a game of tennis, no one died...."

All relegations are shite but 80/81 must have been horrendous, in the bottom two virtually all season with only 29 goals scored.

yes 80-81 we were awful and ended up with the strange stat of more points than goals scored. BUT WE STILL FINISHED ABOVE THE SAGS

We were in the old Div 3 when I started (1964-65) and in 2013-14 we'll probably be back in the old Div 3

Promoted 1975-76

Relegated 1979-80, 1980-81, 1981-82

Promoted 1983-84

Promoted 1989-90

Promoted 1997-98

Relegated 1998-99

Promoted 2006-07

Relegated 2012-13 (?)

I make it five of each in my time.

Wigan Athletic is the only League side NEVER to have be relegated in their entire history. AFC Wimbledon may have a claim but that's stretching a point in my opinion.

I think you're missing a relegation in that little lot Salisbury Red

Maybe between 1989-90 promotion and the 1997-98 promotion.

Archived