IGNORED

Fontaine

Jordan Tansley

He's had some absolute nightmares this season but all credit to the lad, he knew he had it in himself to go one further and today was the day.

I have heard of Cricketers, darts players and Golfers getting the yips... Liam is truly one of a kind. The only decent defending he did today was to block one of OUR shots!

What a man.

He's had some absolute nightmares this season but all credit to the lad, he knew he had it in himself to go one further and today was the day.

I have heard of Cricketers, darts players and Golfers getting the yips... Liam is truly one of a kind. The only decent defending he did today was to block one of OUR shots!

What a man.

or what men keep on selecting him, the last 4 managers have selected him when he has been poor and that's not his fault, between the last 4 managers none of them have brought in a worthwhile replacement and that is now 4 seasons, blame the managers they are the ones really to blame, is it really that difficult?.

Also the last 4 managers have all believed the midfield players at the club are fit for purpose and guess what they ain't and haven't been for 4 seasons as well, again blame the managers.

One of several that make up that core of players that need to be moved on (somehow) next season. Putting the occasional good game isn't going to cut it, the same two CBs from 5 years ago? Skuse, Elliott, Kilkenny still featuring? Hopefully L1 will be a chance to rid BCFC of this weak spine once and for all.

One of several that make up that core of players that need to be moved on (somehow) next season. Putting the occasional good game isn't going to cut it, the same two CBs from 5 years ago? Skuse, Elliott, Kilkenny still featuring? Hopefully L1 will be a chance to rid BCFC of this weak spine once and for all.

IMO , pretty much every player who has been here for more than 12 months can go.

Anyone willing to put good money on Fontaine not being first on the team sheet next season? I wouldn't risk 50p personally. The club has reverted to being a rest home for wasters and I have yet to see any sign of the necessary ruthlessness from either SOD or the Board to change things. He clearly has something that we mere mortals cannot see but a succession of managers can. I smell a new contract in the air. Unless there is some equally deluded manager out there who still thinks he is a good player. Nigel Adkins when Reading are relegated perhaps? Please.

I am going to defend him, since SOD came in and organised the team Fontaine has been very steady, I can't defend today of course because he had a shocker.

Maybe so. But for me, he put his dislike of Mcinnes before the club that pays his wages. He was club captain ffs.

He's still our best defender, but I think time has come for him to move on.

Useless ****!! All he had to do was head it back to Heaton. Simple. Useless ****!!

The fact that the man who usually posts (excellent) essays about players can sum it up with two expletive ridden lines really should paint the picture.

I can excuse poor performances from the team and individuals, but a season of consistent shite from a man who started the season with the armband? I despair at his selection, I despair that he continues to rake in an extortionate pay cheque from the club I hold dear when by rights he could have been sacked for gross incompetence after about 15 games of this season.

In my time watching city I have hated about three players, all arguably unjustified (McIndoe, Brian Wilson and Joe Burnell) Fontaine is right up there, I loathe his position at the club.

It's sad, I know before anyone says anything. But he's a *****, a useless *****.

I actually HATE him. He has cost an ungodly amount of points. Well for f%k sake Liam, today down to organisation was it? No it wasn't it's because you are a weak bottling waster.

The fact that the man who usually posts (excellent) essays about players can sum it up with two expletive ridden lines really should paint the picture.

I can excuse poor performances from the team and individuals, but a season of consistent shite from a man who started the season with the armband? I despair at his selection, I despair that he continues to rake in an extortionate pay cheque from the club I hold dear when by rights he could have been sacked for gross incompetence after about 15 games of this season.

In my time watching city I have hated about three players, all arguably unjustified (McIndoe, Brian Wilson and Joe Burnell) Fontaine is right up there, I loathe his position at the club.

It's sad, I know before anyone says anything. But he's a *****, a useless *****.

I know, sorry JT. I arrived home and was a tad short-tempered, I had to get if off my chest.

Now I've calmed down, I'll add some well thought out words.....you ready for this....

He's a ******* useless clown of a nun's c***!!

There, that's all I've got.

I am going to defend him, since SOD came in and organised the team Fontaine has been very steady, I can't defend today of course because he had a shocker.

Agreed. As usual one bad game and the fans are on his back.

I know, sorry JT. I arrived home and was a tad short-tempered, I had to get if off my chest.

Now I've calmed down, I'll add some well thought out words.....you ready for this....

He's a ******* useless clown of a nun's c***!!

There, that's all I've got.

Surely the point is we can see that and I pretty much say the royal we, but 4 managers (and I include SOD) don't and that beggars belief, mind you I could say the same about a certain midfield pairing.

and that my friends is one major factor to us being in our present predicament, blinkered managers who all seem to see something that the royal we do not, I find that worrying, especially for the future.

Surely the point is we can see that and I pretty much say the royal we, but 4 managers (and I include SOD) don't and that beggars belief, mind you I could say the same about a certain midfield pairing.

and that my friends is one major factor to us being in our present predicament, blinkered managers who all seem to see something that the royal we do not, I find that worrying, especially for the future.

100% with you Es.

Agreed. As usual one bad game and the fans are on his back.

Oh do one. It isn't one bad game is it. And it isn't a one off mistake getting rolled from a high ball - I could name 5 other goals this season in similar fashion.

He got caught out because he is weak, clueless and garbage and if we had a decent cb instead of him I've no doubt we'd be playing championship football this season. He alone must have given away goals to the sum of 10 points or so. I NEVER want to see him in a City shirt again.

In my long history of watching this club, I cannot remember a player who single-handedly lost us as many points in a season as Liam has this one.

It is fruitless to speculate, but had he broken something nasty in September and missed the rest of the season, I wonder if we'd now be in the mire we are in.

Were I O'Driscoll I would've subbed him at half-time for Carey. Leaving him on the pitch rewards failure and Louis' slowness wouldn't have mattered against Sheffield Lardsday's blubbery attack.

Perversely, Fontaine looked much better going forward. Maybe he should play deep midfield?

He sure as f- can't defend though, because everytime he's in a one-on-one situation situation against a player who can actually dribble the ball, his brain falls out.

Hate is a very strong word for someone who has been here for so long, but maybe that's largely the problem. He has always needed a strong leader beside him, and this season he has been asked to take on that role himself. So he either needs a move away or a decent partner alongside him, which we can't seem to find.

To me he hasn't been the same since his knee injury which happened at the same time the big money bid came in from Southampton. Is he forever thinking 'what if' ?

He gets a fair amount of critical comments on here but at the matches aside from a few groans he isn't boo'ed. so if his confidence is shattered it's either from the forum or management/team mates or himself.

Archived