IGNORED

Fontaine

Jordan Tansley

It's a shame because he started to look like a different player under SOD. Indeed, many people said as much. Unfortunately, today proved why we need to get rid of him. He's a liability and, over the course of the season, has cost us far too many points.

For what it's worth, I thought Tangs looked half decent today, confident on the ball, no mistakes, and solid at the back. If I had to pick between Fontaine and Tangs at the moment, I'd go for Carey.

The fact that the man who usually posts (excellent) essays about players can sum it up with two expletive ridden lines really should paint the picture.

I can excuse poor performances from the team and individuals, but a season of consistent shite from a man who started the season with the armband? I despair at his selection, I despair that he continues to rake in an extortionate pay cheque from the club I hold dear when by rights he could have been sacked for gross incompetence after about 15 games of this season.

In my time watching city I have hated about three players, all arguably unjustified (McIndoe, Brian Wilson and Joe Burnell) Fontaine is right up there, I loathe his position at the club.

It's sad, I know before anyone says anything. But he's a *****, a useless *****.

And I got slagged off by you for my dislike of Skuse.

It is ironic that you hated Burnell as he was an identical player to Skuse in every sense.

He's had some absolute nightmares this season but all credit to the lad, he knew he had it in himself to go one further and today was the day.

I have heard of Cricketers, darts players and Golfers getting the yips... Liam is truly one of a kind. The only decent defending he did today was to block one of OUR shots!

What a man.

One man doesn't take a team down.

Bad season ...yes, but he shouldn't be made a Scapegoat.

Oh do one. It isn't one bad game is it. And it isn't a one off mistake getting rolled from a high ball - I could name 5 other goals this season in similar fashion.

He got caught out because he is weak, clueless and garbage and if we had a decent cb instead of him I've no doubt we'd be playing championship football this season. He alone must have given away goals to the sum of 10 points or so. I NEVER want to see him in a City shirt again.

Didn't say one bad game this season did I? His form has been decent since SOD came in and he's been getting praised on here. You'll probably be licking his arse if he has a storming season in league one next season!

Didn't say one bad game this season did I? His form has been decent since SOD came in and he's been getting praised on here. You'll probably be licking his arse if he has a storming season in league one next season!

I damn well won't. If you look at any of my posts I've long long said I think these players are a load of shisters and the only thing that will get me to renew my ST is enough of them getting a P45.

Also as for a few games and arse licking why not look at the 'new signing' topic re fonts or the elliot topics, or about when Del got sacked and I said before long the players will revert to type and I'm not for fooling. So don't make ill informed presumptions about me chap - I've shown my feelings for these players for a long time.

I haven't got the time but would be interested to see how many goals HE has been at fault for this season. It must be double figures.

Has had an abysmal season and should be moved on if at all possible.

I don't think we need to go through all of the footage to know that he has cost us many goals/points this season under Derek. He had an incredible turnaround but the bottler is always lurking under the surface.

I hope to god we get rid of him if (when) we go down. We need dependable, consistent players not bit-parts who only play when they want to.

I think he should be ok in league one, that seems to be his standard at the mo! Can't see him being that bad in that league! If so, God help us!!!

Premier League, Championship, the Downs, doesn't matter what league or what level you're at - mistakes like his today have no place in any league or level of football. Just because we 'may' drop down to league one doesn't mean he'll irradiate his bible of clangers that he seems to be able to drawn from.

Premier League, Championship, the Downs, doesn't matter what league or what level you're at - mistakes like his today have no place in any league or level of football. Just because we 'may' drop down to league one doesn't mean he'll irradiate his bible of clangers that he seems to be able to drawn from.

Course it matters what league you're in. We have a bloke like him in our back four who's punching above his weight. He struggled last year, didn't replace him. What did they think this year! In league one the players are nowhere near as good as some of the players in our league. So, league one will make a difference. But putting that aside, he has made some awful mistakes this year that has cost us many points.

Im sorry arpaul

You have made over 1100 posts on this forum which means you have been on there long enough

to know that There HAS to be a scape goat !!

Its Fontains turn now

Who else CAN you blame for their goal?

And about 10 minutes later he did exactly the same thing again, but that time he was bailed out.

In terms of individual mistakes, he is the player of the season for sure, even with the post O'Driscoll improvement.

That isn't scapegoating. It's fact.

He's not only crap, he annoys me. I dislike him, god what's wrong with me?!?

You want to try living in the same town as him! Parks in disabled bays at the leisure centre and supermarket, struts around like he owns the place in his stupid flip flops with club track suit and is extremely rude. Total bell end.

You want to try living in the same town as him! Parks in disabled bays at the leisure centre and supermarket, struts around like he owns the place in his stupid flip flops with club track suit and is extremely rude. Total bell end.

I bet they are flourescent green flip flops too!

I think what is even more concerning than the massive mistake Fonts made today was that about 5 minutes after the mistake, a similar situation occurred with a ball over the top and rather than trying to put it out of the ground he tried tacking a touch and sluggishly got caught out again.

He should have smashed it straight over the Dolman. All that showed me was that he doesn't have the know how, intelligence or ability to learn from mistakes. Pretty much explains why he has been at fault for so many goals this season.

Utterly useless. He has to go.

Wednesday did their homework. All afternoon they attacked through the middle and sooner or later the mistake came. Knock down from Howard and Fontaine is outmuscled or outfought by Johnson or whoever it was followed by a tap in.

Compare our CBs to theirs - the SW defence looked like heavyweight boxers - it was like seniors against the Under 14s. It will get worse in L1.

He didn't have his best game we know he can play better, Yet I don't see individual threads on Davies for missing a easy chance or Elliot for missing a few good chances. If we were clinical then it would of been 3-1, snooped on the wednesday forums and most of them say they shouldn't of got anything from the game let alone nearly win it!

Though I do wonder why Carey wasn't playing he would of at least pushed Howard about!

On another note Nytanga almost scored a blinder at the start of the game I thought that it was going to be a good game....

We need Carey back in the team! This time last year we went to forest desperate for a win, and Mr Bristol City had an absolute blinder. THAT leadership is what we've missed. I don't have any stats to back it up but I bet we win more with Carey than without...

He didn't have his best game we know he can play better, Yet I don't see individual threads on Davies for missing a easy chance or Elliot for missing a few good chances. If we were clinical then it would of been 3-1, snooped on the wednesday forums and most of them say they shouldn't of got anything from the game let alone nearly win it!

Though I do wonder why Carey wasn't playing he would of at least pushed Howard about!

On another note Nytanga almost scored a blinder at the start of the game I thought that it was going to be a good game....

How about an individual thread for the fact Davies appears to have spent too many evenings in McDonalds, and had he been half a stone lighter and half a second quicker he'd have grabbed a brace today!

I damn well won't. If you look at any of my posts I've long long said I think these players are a load of shisters and the only thing that will get me to renew my ST is enough of them getting a P45.

Also as for a few games and arse licking why not look at the 'new signing' topic re fonts or the elliot topics, or about when Del got sacked and I said before long the players will revert to type and I'm not for fooling. So don't make ill informed presumptions about me chap - I've shown my feelings for these players for a long time.

Don't renew your season ticket then mate. We are better off with supporters getting behind the team. Yes Fontaine made a mistake today but since the turn of the year he has shown what a good player he is. How many managers have picked Fontaine as a first choice centre back?

Don't renew your season ticket then mate. We are better off with supporters getting behind the team. Yes Fontaine made a mistake today but since the turn of the year he has shown what a good player he is. How many managers have picked Fontaine as a first choice centre back?

yes mate, how many managers has that worked out for?

How about an individual thread for the fact Davies appears to have spent too many evenings in McDonalds, and had he been half a stone lighter and half a second quicker he'd have grabbed a brace today!

We could also have an individual thread for the fact that every time Pearson tried to cross today he hit the shins of the first defender.

To the bloke who said Fontaine is a scape goat i don't think that's fair or true. I think that most fans have had enough of most of the team, it just so happens that Fontaine is probably the worst repeat offender who's obvious mistake cost us dearly today.

Davies should be fitter and better in front of goal. He should be able to head the ball. He probably should have had going on 20 goals this season if he was more agile.

Elliott and Skuse are the least creative central midfielders in the division. It beggars belief these two are still playing together. It makes me angry every time they start and then to see Pearson outside them makes me want to cry.

Baldock had a good game today and credit to him he deserved his goal and worked hard an was our only genuine threat.

Anderson should start every game.

What has heppened to Adomah?!

Fontaine is not the only reason we a getting relegated but he's certainly a major contributing factor and I don't care if he'd be a decent League 1 defender he's made so many mistakes this season I don't want to see him playing for City again. Unfortunately he almost certainly will be first choice next season.

Archived