IGNORED

Fontaine

Jordan Tansley

Don't renew your season ticket then mate. We are better off with supporters getting behind the team. Yes Fontaine made a mistake today but since the turn of the year he has shown what a good player he is. How many managers have picked Fontaine as a first choice centre back?

No he hasn't and you are absolutely deluded if you think that to be the case. He had a couple of games where he wasn't calamatous but one thing you can be absolutely certain on is he has made more mistakes that have led to goals than any others, he has not prevented enough opportunities to make up for those mistakes and he has not scored enough to make up for his negative impact. He has been a drain on the club this year and his performances have been to our detriment not our betterment.

As for better off with supporters who get behind the team - I do and have to the tune of an extortionate amount of cash over many many seasons. Once in the ground I cheer and encourage but outside the ground I will happily air my views without pulling any punches. Finally I have lost patience with this gutless squad and so I won't directly contribute to their getting rich by buying a season ticket. If Fontaine et al pack their bags I will be delighted to renew, if they remain I won't come back until the first team start playing with pride and with passion (note - that doesn't mean winning, it just means playing with a bit of fight!!).

Like another poster said no one mentions the dilly dallying antics of our midfield which went on all the way through the first half.

With better protection & distribution the ball wouldn't be coming back & putting additional pressure on Fonts & Tangs and not leaving either of them one on one with a striker.

Before having yet another go at Fontaine, how about the dithering Skuse, Elliott & Kelly who did absolutely nothing creative in that first half. This is where I question SoD because this winnable game should have had a Brian Howard or Neil Kilkenny on from the start.

With Brian Howard, why sign him if you have no intention of playing him?

It is the same problem that's been with us since we had the likes of Evander Sno & Paul Hartley, midfield players who can play rather than midfield players who THINK they can play.

I know Fontaine lost his composure after the mistake but I thought the rest of the defence played really well and its a sad fact that most (if not) all of the creativety and intent came from Tangs & the two full backs!

Kilkenny created more in 5 minutes than the whole of the so called midfield did in the previous 60 minutes.

Whilst agreeing Fonts hasn't had the best of season, the problem starts with our non existent midfield.

I just think SoD got it badly wrong yesterday.

This thread is worth resurfacing. Whilst I know he couldn't do much about the goal, he was helpless, how many more mistakes!! The only thing he can do is play a 50 yard diagonal ball across the pitch. He CANNOT play any other form of pass except that. He panics on the ball and you can tell he just doesn't want it near him. Oh dear. I hope we start with Tangs and Bates/Carey on Tuesday.

This thread is worth resurfacing. Whilst I know he couldn't do much about the goal, he was helpless, how many more mistakes!! The only thing he can do is play a 50 yard diagonal ball across the pitch. He CANNOT play any other form of pass except that. He panics on the ball and you can tell he just doesn't want it near him. Oh dear. I hope we start with Tangs and Bates/Carey on Tuesday.

Bates is just as bad.

Maybe so. But for me, he put his dislike of Mcinnes before the club that pays his wages. He was club captain ffs.

He's still our best defender, but I think time has come for him to move on.

Not about dislike. He had no idea what DMC wanted of him, and I'm not convinced that DMC had, either :(

It is certainly a strange situation. Fonts was never outstanding but you could always rely on him to do a half-decent job, with the odd mistake every now and then. But he has now been atrocious all year - it's not even a bad patch but an entire season. What has caused it? He has offered next to nothing all season, but what can induce such a dramatic drop in form? He was on the verge of signing for Southampton last season... in fact I remember being delighted when it was announced that he'd signed a contract extension.

God knows how many points he's cost us this season, I'd hate to think. We'd definitely have a very good chance of staying up if we took away the goals that have been due to individual mistakes made by Liam. It also begs the question, how has he started more games than anyone else for us this season? And why hasn't Louis been playing recently?

It is certainly a strange situation. Fonts was never outstanding but you could always rely on him to do a half-decent job, with the odd mistake every now and then. But he has now been atrocious all year - it's not even a bad patch but an entire season. What has caused it? He has offered next to nothing all season, but what can induce such a dramatic drop in form? He was on the verge of signing for Southampton last season... in fact I remember being delighted when it was announced that he'd signed a contract extension.

God knows how many points he's cost us this season, I'd hate to think. We'd definitely have a very good chance of staying up if we took away the goals that have been due to individual mistakes made by Liam. It also begs the question, how has he started more games than anyone else for us this season? And why hasn't Louis been playing recently?

This.

Not since the days of Micky Naynard can I remember a player having as many bad games yet still being a nailed-on starter every match.

This.

Not since the days of Micky Naynard can I remember a player having as many bad games yet still being a nailed-on starter every match.

Absolutely. I am sick of seeing him where our shirt.

He's not only sh**e but demonstrates the passion of a corporate accountant on the pitch. A bluffer to match Nicky Hunt.

I can't answer the rest of your question but I can answer this one.. becuase he isn't good enough, just like the rest of our defence..

:( Sums it up perfectly.

For me, it all started when it fell through all Southampton.

Since then, he has been genuinely terrible. I can't remember ever having a single player in our team who has cost us as many points as he has this season, and that is fact, nothing to do with him being made a scapegoat.

What does worry me is that I think he will be here next season.

For me, it all started when it fell through all Southampton.

Since then, he has been genuinely terrible. I can't remember ever having a single player in our team who has cost us as many points as he has this season, and that is fact, nothing to do with him being made a scapegoat.

What does worry me is that I think he will be here next season.

He will be.. just hope SOD buys 2 defenders.. I don't want him anywhere near our squad

I can't answer the rest of your question but I can answer this one.. becuase he isn't good enough, just like the rest of our defence..

Louis is considerably better than Fontaine and - in my estimation, although I admit I haven't had much to judge him by - Bates.

His positional sense is the best of all our back line players and he closes down in a way that I haven't seem Liam do all season.

He is also a better passer out of defence than any of our existing centre backs.

Oh and he is up there with Marv for commitment to the cause.

Their father could be the manager, but the player would also have to be shit, Lee Johnson was shit...

Whats your point?

Is there anybody who's ever played for City who, in your opinion, wasn't shit? Just asking, like...

You've been at the Championship Manager again, haven't you?

He has a point though. Nearly all of Fontaine's erros have consisted of basic mistakes such as not tracking runs, letting the ball bounce, backtracking, not being goalside etc etc etc

He has a point though. Nearly all of Fontaine's erros have consisted of basic mistakes such as not tracking runs, letting the ball bounce, backtracking, not being goalside etc etc etc

Indeed. And those are precisely the things that a coach should be sorting out.

Archived