IGNORED

Always Look On The Bright Side...

MarcusX

I thought it was highly amusing and very appropriate.

All around us in Dolman Block B were singing (and whistling) along (and smiling about the joke).

The whole point of that song is whatever crap is thrown at you, pick yourself up and fight again.

It's actually all about optimism.

Just what we need right now !

Thanks for posting. It put a smile on my face :-)

No problem, it really does help put things into perspective sometimes.

Although it is probably the worst thing a football fan wants to hear in the context, there really is more to life and worst things than getting relegated.

You've some way to go to top us on this.... our board made a banner proclaiming us as champions for the following season for our last game when we first got relegated to div 4!! , mentally idiotic....the banner was gathered by some lads and we burnt it back at the cabot,

at least that should put a smile on your faces tonight chaps!

Good grief, talk about over reaction. Are our fans really so sensitive they can't see 'the bright side of life', its hardly like we conceded an injury time equaliser on the last day of the season to get relegated!

Lighten up, no need to apologise Dave l , keep up the good work .

Am I gutted city are down, defnitly

Am I surprised - no

Am I more concerned about next season etc than 1 song? Yes!

At the end of the day it probably wasn't the best song to play, but, it's not going to change anything. Don't worry about it Dave, it could have been worse. You could have played "the only way is up".

Lets all stick together eh... COYR's

I didnt have a problem with it. We are where we are. No point buttering up the situation. If we took it to the wire and got relegated by a last minute fontaine own goal then it wouldnt have been appropriate. Our fate was expected to be decided tonight and the atmosphere went along with that. As someone mentioned, it was akin to a wake and sometimes youve just got to take these matters with a bit of light heartedness.

Obviously you cant take relegation on a whole as a bit of a laugh. If some people got angry thats their look out. I can see why SOD didnt like it as its his livelyhood at the end of the day and he hasnt acheived his goal so i dont blame him.

• SC&T Board Members

I will take responsibility for the song being played. Sincere apologies to anyone who was offended.

I thought it was appropriate and fitted the mood. As Red Planet says, the song is about eternal optimism. Looking on the bright side of life no matter what it throws at you. Isn't that what football fans invariably have to do? We're down. We can't do anything about that. But we can look forward to the future and hope, i.e. we can look on the bright side of life! Next season will be better.... we hope!

PS: "Forza East Enders, ole, ole!" Take a bow guys and gals - excellent stuff tonight.

I didnt have a problem with it. We are where we are. No point buttering up the situation. If we took it to the wire and got relegated by a last minute fontaine own goal then it wouldnt have been appropriate. Our fate was expected to be decided tonight and the atmosphere went along with that. As someone mentioned, it was akin to a wake and sometimes youve just got to take these matters with a bit of light heartedness.

Obviously you cant take relegation on a whole as a bit of a laugh. If some people got angry thats their look out. I can see why SOD didnt like it as its his livelyhood at the end of the day and he hasnt acheived his goal so i dont blame him.

I've run out of daily likes, so I'm just going to have to agree with this instead. Several things have gone severely wrong this season, playing Always Look on the Bright Side is not one of them. The inquest into this season should have other directions.

Archived