IGNORED

Always Look On The Bright Side...

MarcusX

what should have been played? Chopin's Funeral March? Simply the Best?? In the situation I can understand why the song was chosen. An apology has been made on this forum to those who are outraged, get over it. i can think of several other things to be more pissed off about....

I will take responsibility for the song being played. Sincere apologies to anyone who was offended.

I dont think you need to apologise for playing a song after a game of football, and anybody offended should have a serious word with themselves.

We're all disappointed, and we can all say how crap are the players the managers the chairman the board the club and even the fans, and lets face it all have been to varying degrees this season, but noody died nobody got hurt.

I used to feel sorry for myself because I had no shoes, until I met a man with no feet..........

I dont think you need to apologise for playing a song after a game of football, and anybody offended should have a serious word with themselves.

We're all disappointed, and we can all say how crap are the players the managers the chairman the board the club and even the fans, and lets face it all have been to varying degrees this season, but noody died nobody got hurt.

I used to feel sorry for myself because I had no shoes, until I met a man with no feet..........

George Elokobi got hurt, but I suppose that's not what you really meant.

This season has tested the strongest loyal fans and the song made light of a very serious and sad situation where we have paid hard earned money to watch a lot of overpaid, deluded and over rated players wear the City colours most of us would die for. The only consulation for me is I know I'll be following City long after they have been disposed of. City 'til I die.

So we now have a manager who is not to concerned about accumulating points, ignorant of our position in the league table, but seems seriously stressed out about the choice of music played at the ground :dunno:

The bloke probably wasn't that bothered about it, but he was asked about it in an interview. Give the guy a break, there's a lot more to worry about.

So it's ok to sing "we're going to Shrewsbury" ?

Exactly. We were taking the piss out of ourselves tonight with this song, so why get all uppety. Terrace humour is ok, but a little bit of humour from the Dj is not?? Sort yourselves out boys. People will find anything to criticise.

The bloke probably wasn't that bothered about it, but he was asked about it in an interview. Give the guy a break, there's a lot more to worry about.

Exactly. We were taking the piss out of ourselves tonight with this song, so why get all uppety. Terrace humour is ok, but a little bit of humour from the Dj is not?? Sort yourselves out boys. People will find anything to criticise.

Yeah. People will criticise anything.

That t-shirt you were wearing this evening..... pfft!

Yeah. People will criticise anything.

That t-shirt you were wearing this evening..... pfft!

I know. I've not been able to exercise since my San Marino incident, so had to find something a tad larger to fit!!

+1 to that. No need at all for Dave L to apologise. Gallows humour is and should be rife right now - if you can't have a laugh through the disappointment, what can you do.

As for unprofessional - SOD needs to look at himself. HE had half a season to improve things and has taken us down, adrift at the bottom with not a sniff of a fight. I think it's time for him to apologise for not improving things. Then shut up, get on with sorting things out or if that's too hard then just get out. Everything is someone else's fault..... Too much "they" and never heard him refer to "we" or "us".

+1 to that. No need at all for Dave L to apologise. Gallows humour is and should be rife right now - if you can't have a laugh through the disappointment, what can you do.

As for unprofessional - SOD needs to look at himself. HE had half a season to improve things and has taken us down, adrift at the bottom with not a sniff of a fight. I think it's time for him to apologise for not improving things. Then shut up, get on with sorting things out or if that's too hard then just get out. Everything is someone else's fault..... Too much "they" and never heard him refer to "we" or "us".

You really don't like SOD do you.

The next Robbored, with any luck.

I thought it was highly amusing and very appropriate.

All around us in Dolman Block B were singing (and whistling) along (and smiling about the joke).

The whole point of that song is whatever crap is thrown at you, pick yourself up and fight again.

It's actually all about optimism.

Just what we need right now !

I thought it was quite funny too. What with the impressive east end support followed by that song I left Ashton gate with a strange feeling. Not happy but more a hey ho mood of acceptance.

Tad harsh - he came into the job at a difficult time from DM's inexperience. I am not saying SOD is a world beater (proven of course after relegation tonight) but to be fair playing this track was "unprofessional" in my opinion. One said that football is not just a game...and of course life in general is far more important than a football match but my old man who passed away 27th Feb this year, i would imagine him now saying - "just sums it up son, the club are where they are and have always been, a yo yo side between tiers 2 and 3 of the english game" - I dont want to listen to the reality of that by playing a bloody song that was totally inappropriate as fans left the ground. Ran by idiots ? Well you could say that at times. The stewards in the dolman still have no brains leaving it to the 88th minute to open up the gates to the lower tier - get amongst it and please start listening to the fans. 99% of the time its common sense, 99% of the time our club get it all wrong. One was today !

You really don't like SOD do you.

The next Robbored, with any luck.

I don't "dislike" him. That's personal and I don't know him. Just never felt he was the right man for the situation we were in and unfortunately I still feel that way. I love City so would have/will be very happy to be proved wrong.

Don't understand the Robbered comment.

Playing it at any of the remaining games would be fine but at that precise moment of being relegated and all the raw feelings that comes with that I felt it was the wrong time to play that song. I understand the optimism bit etc and in a few days I will hopefully feel positive about our future. To hear that song felt like the club were taking the piss slightly. Tbh I wouldn't be best pleased if someone I knew died and a few seconds later someone played me that song. Everyone is gonna deal with this relegation differently but were all going to go through the same process as SOD would say. Just let us get on with that instead of ramming things down our throats.

As much as I share the sentiments of everyone arguing that we have bigger things to worry about, as much as gallows humour is a vital part of supporting a club such as ours and as much as knowing when to laugh at yourself is an integral part of the British culture I have to say I totally agree with SO'D.

It was simply not even close to being a good decision to play it at that stage tonight. Tonight was either about leaving the ground as quickly as possible, or staying behind and joining in singing 'City till I die'. Playing that song at the stage just seemed like another American style 'oh isn't Sport such great entertainment' thing to do and didn't sit right with how much we are hurting.

Had it been played in a fortnight after the Huddersfield game then it would probably have been a different matter, and I myself would have been able to find it mildly amusing, but with emotions so raw tonight was simply the wrong time.

It's not the first time it's been played, it was played aftwer the Cardiff thrashing and I think on other occasions.

Instead of focussing on the ******* music at the end, O'Driscoll should perhaps be apologising for the fact that his coaching has made the players forget how to take an effective corner.

It's not the first time it's been played, it was played aftwer the Cardiff thrashing and I think on other occasions.

Instead of focussing on the ******* music at the end, O'Driscoll should perhaps be apologising for the fact that his coaching has made the players forget how to take an effective corner.

Haven't we scored from more set pieces under SOD than in the last few seasons? Wasn't it 5 in one game?!

The song instantly took me back to Trumpton Park, many years ago. Stood in the pouring rain, soaked to the skin, getting thrashed by the Gas to lose the Championship of god knows what division to them. We City fans were singing our hearts out. A show of defiance and humour.

Maybe this spirit was what DaveL intended to create last night. But it's a bit different coming 2nd to the Gas and being promoted anyway to being relegated on that very evening. A brave choice, but you have to be confident people will view it in how it was intended. As someone else said, for many it was too soon.

The song instantly took me back to Trumpton Park, many years ago. Stood in the pouring rain, soaked to the skin, getting thrashed by the Gas to lose the Championship of god knows what division to them. We City fans were singing our hearts out. A show of defiance.

Maybe this spirit was what DaveL intended to create last night. But it's a bit different coming 2nd to the Gas and being promoted anyway to being relegated on that very evening. A brave choice, but you have to be confident people will view it in how it was intended. As someone else said, for many it was too soon.

Having to stand there and watch us lose the championship to Rovers (and watch them get promoted at the same time) in such a feeble way was the worst I've ever felt watching City. After that, a relegation or two is surprisingly easy to take!

Sod also said it sums up some of the attitudes around the place. Here is hoping to a massive clear out

This.

He said something like.........Maybe it's this sort of thing that's wrong with the club.

I think he has a problem with how we are run.

I'm thinking he will go in all guns blazing, do his best to sort all aspects of the club out, and if Bristol City don't make an effort to smarten up....he will walk.

Wouldn't have bothered me in the slightets, after being resigned to it all season. But seriously, after all the PR ****ups this club makes, Dave L's lack of foresight in predicting the mood of a vast majority of very pissed off fans is quite staggering.

And now he has pissed off the manager as well, shows the lack of professionalism down there, that they didn't even think to ask the manager and staff if they would be okay with it being played.

Like I said, wouldn't have bothered me, but I could very well be in a minority.

Another BCFC PR fail, ah well at least we are good at something!

The song wasn't appropriate, but ridiculous over-reaction from SOD. I guess he took it personally as he is the guy who was paid to keep us up! I guess he would have been even more p'd off if they had played "Things Can Only Get Better". Which actually would have been more appropriate too.

**** me, remember when we all took the piss out of the Plymuff fans for letting Newcastle have a massive promotion party down there the other year, now some are happy to listen to that absolute barrel of shite of a song after we've just been relegated?

There are far worse things going on around us, but having time to 'grieve' and having to listen to that shite whilst SOD has the players on the pitch? This club really is a ******* joke right now

Archived