IGNORED

Luis Suarez

Brizzle Jordan

It's a curious one, Biting, similar to spitting I would say as it's socially not acceptable but in reality (in this instance as no mark was even left) not really that evil a thing.

We see spitting and biting as a lot worse than a punch to the jaw, which is odd in consideration. I know I would much rather be spat at or bitten than punched or kicked.

I don't want to sound like Redeye, but does this link to acceptable 'manly' showings of strength versus tactless, cheap and feminine attacks?

I don't see this incident as worse than some of the assaults we saw Peterborough players hand out to our players at London road this season, when no attempt was made to play the ball and injuring the opponent was the only motivation.

It's curious how social acceptabilities can often be quite ignorant and hypocritical.

I'm not defending Saurez; I thought it a disgusting action and the ban, whilst severe, is justifiable. Just find the attitude to other, arguably more severe, actions curious.

I have to agree with WellRedPhil. I've been punched and kicked on a rugby pitch and given a bit back (you have to defend yourself) but the only time I really lost my rag was when an opponent spat in my face after I was on the floor having been blown up against for not releasing the ball. I was absolutely apoplectic and it sparked near enough a 30-man brawl and a red card for myself.

As I said financially it would make no sense for Liverpool to sack him when they could sell him, and finance is what rules football.

Really?! I think most people would take a punch to the chops over being spat on or bitten. The thing is, I think people can relate to players seeing the red mist on a football pitch and lashing out in frustration in the form of a punch or kick. If that happens, when the dust has settled most would probably be happy to forgive and forget, it's part of sport and in a way a result of testosterone. However waiting for the referee to be looking the other way and then biting an opponent shows that not only is this planned but it is sneaky, and just generally pretty scummy. I know personally that if I was punched in the heat of the moment on a football field it's very unlikely that i would hold a grudge. Yet if someone spat on me or bit me, it would be a different matter entirely.

Yes really, logically I'm not likely to be hurt by some saliva or a few teeth marks in the arm. I punch in the head could cause serious injury and in an unfortunate case death.

I know what you're saying, that's what I find curious about it. In reality there is no real risk of harm from these incidents so why are they perceived as worse?

As I say, I'm not advocating any of this stuff. None of it had a place on a football pitch or in society generally. I just find the hierarchy of acceptability curious.

As I said financially it would make no sense for Liverpool to sack him when they could sell him, and finance is what rules football.

Really?! I think most people would take a punch to the chops over being spat on or bitten. The thing is, I think people can relate to players seeing the red mist on a football pitch and lashing out in frustration in the form of a punch or kick. If that happens, when the dust has settled most would probably be happy to forgive and forget, it's part of sport and in a way a result of testosterone. However waiting for the referee to be looking the other way and then biting an opponent shows that not only is this planned but it is sneaky, and just generally pretty scummy. I know personally that if I was punched in the heat of the moment on a football field it's very unlikely that i would hold a grudge. Yet if someone spat on me or bit me, it would be a different matter entirely.

It's an odd one isn't it? Biting. I've punched people, but I can honestly say that unless I did it when I was a babe-at-arms, I have never bitten anyone and wouldn't dream of doing so.

Suarez cannot explain why he did it either. The fact that the ref was looking elsewhere is coincidental, it gained him no advantage and was just totally f-ing mental. He says he was just so pumped up that he lost his head. There is no real rationale.

If I was Liverpool I'd be sending him to a psychologist as madness like this is threatening his career.

That said, it wasn't even much of a bite, it didn't draw blood and didn't really endanger anyone, so 10 games seems about right for a bizarre and disgusting offence. Talk of a life ban is way OTT.

That's not me defending Suarez, I think he's a ****. I just think people have lost a bit of perspective on this because of who he is.

I'm more concerned about his (and a large number of his fellow top players) diving and simulation behaviour. It's that which is spoiling the game and filtering down to all levels.

In fairness any manager would do the same.

Sadly , you're probably right. Although I would hope if we had a player with his 'rap sheet' our manager would have a bit more grace , and accept the punishment that was handed out. Did he really expect less of a punishment for a repeat offender??

"punished the man not the incident" .mmmmm.......

Sadly , you're probably right. Although I would hope if we had a player with his 'rap sheet' our manager would have a bit more grace , and accept the punishment that was handed out. Did he really expect less of a punishment for a repeat offender??

"punished the man not the incident" .mmmmm.......

Out of interest if Liverpool appeal and lose could he get more games?

Yes really, logically I'm not likely to be hurt by some saliva or a few teeth marks in the arm. I punch in the head could cause serious injury and in an unfortunate case death.

I know what you're saying, that's what I find curious about it. In reality there is no real risk of harm from these incidents so why are they perceived as worse?

As I say, I'm not advocating any of this stuff. None of it had a place on a football pitch or in society generally. I just find the hierarchy of acceptability curious.

Why do you always defend anything to do with Liverpool? A punch or a kick is just one of those things u accept will happen from time to time. A bite or being spat put is fat far far more personal IMO, I've been spat at and it is a utterly disgusting feeling and I've seen people convicted for assault just cos they've spat at someone and not laid a finger on them.

Why do you always defend anything to do with Liverpool? A punch or a kick is just one of those things u accept will happen from time to time. A bite or being spat put is fat far far more personal IMO, I've been spat at and it is a utterly disgusting feeling and I've seen people convicted for assault just cos they've spat at someone and not laid a finger on them.

Alright Brains. Where exactly have I defended Saurez or Liverpool here? Exactly, you're chatting utter shite.

I am posing a question as I find it somewhat curious how people react to this in comparison to punching and kicking. Your post perfectly illustrates my point as you claim being punched or kicked is 'just one of those things'. To me, that makes absolutely no sense.

I have seen people disabled and know people who have been killed by a single punch. In what way is that comparible to spitting or biting? Logically?

It is a question of social acceptabilities, nothing to do with who is involved. How about you read the post before replying with your ignorant shite.

JT you are wrong several years ago a police officer died after contracting hepatitis after being spat at I believe by a Swansea fan, who knows what sort of diseases some of these prem footballers contract with their after match activities and the passing around of wags around many of whom have had more *****s than a 2nd dart board.

and for the record Roy Rogers is doing himself or the club few favours whinging that the FA ban is aimed at the player and not the offence, duh of course it is, it's the 2nd time he has done it and he obviously has not learnt from the first offence, just accept it get the guy some badly needed help, stop wiping his pathetic arse and tell him to start acting like a grown man or sell him to an italian side where his sort of behaviour will be considered more acceptable.

PS:- ask yourself honestly would LFC be defending somebody like Stuart Downing so vehemently?, of course not because losing Downing for 10 games will have little or no impact on the side, LFC have started with Couthino a very shrewd signing and now they need 3 or 4 more influential players to ensure every time Suarez is banned in the future he isn't missed so much or actually they may be able to do the right thing the next time he does something stupid, probably in 10 games time.

• Admin

I have seen people disabled and know people who have been killed by a single punch. In what way is that comparible to spitting or biting? Logically?

It is a question of social acceptabilities, nothing to do with who is involved. How about you read the post before replying with your ignorant shite.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Bites-%28Human%29.htm

I'd rather be punched than bitten, wouldn't fancy HIV or hepatitis - the reasons why players have to go off when bleeding.

Are you a spiritualist or medium?

Also why does Rodgers expect the FA to help rehabilitate Suarez? It's not really their job to do so. It's the clubs duty.

Exactly the club are beginning to make themselves look silly again, as I said before had the club not indulged him and actually dealt with his behaviour from day one, we wouldn't be at this point here and now, having said that LFC's reaction is highly predictable, we've been here before.

Exactly the club are beginning to make themselves look silly again, as I said before had the club not indulged him and actually dealt with his behaviour from day one, we wouldn't be at this point here and now, having said that LFC's reaction is highly predictable, we've been here before.

Seems like Rodgers has been handed over the manuscript from King Kenny.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Bites-%28Human%29.htm

I'd rather be punched than bitten, wouldn't fancy HIV or hepatitis - the reasons why players have to go off when bleeding.

Are you a spiritualist or medium?

Knew*

You and Es raise good points regarding Hep B and HIV, though I would imagine (guess work mind) that the likelihood of being seriously hurt by a punch is higher than getting a life threatening disease from spit or bite.

Personally I would seem both to be shocking actions more suited to an animal, I just find the blasé stance towards physical assault when compared to a non-physical (in comparison) action a tad confusing and illogical.

It's a bit like swearing, it's frowned upon but the reality of it is the context of the word is more important than the use. It's just social acceptabilities again, curious and illogical as they are.

of course Suarez did punch an opponent in an international for Uruguay recently, so we know he is capable of both. The real problem is that LFC cannot afford to let him go obviously, a) because he is a great player and b) LFC would struggle without him and to replace him.

So LFC need to stop the blame game, the whinging, the persecution complex and get him some help, because he really does need it, however I suspect the real truth is if LFC force to seek help he will leave if the FA force him to seek help LFC will have another scapegoat, there is no doubt he has become bigger than the club and good men once more have to defend the indefensible.

Edit:- and he has stamped and kicked players as well, so he has a full house, but of course he is being persecuted.

Next excuse?.

What a vile lad.

Biting Branislav Ivanovic!

Ban him for 10 games.

You are Mystic Meg. What's this week's winning Lotto numbers?

Suarez is a horrible person but a good player. Liverpool have managed to turn this into another PR cock up, when will they learn? DON'T APPEAL!!

Alright Brains. Where exactly have I defended Saurez or Liverpool here? Exactly, you're chatting utter shite.

I am posing a question as I find it somewhat curious how people react to this in comparison to punching and kicking. Your post perfectly illustrates my point as you claim being punched or kicked is 'just one of those things'. To me, that makes absolutely no sense.

It's seems every time Liverpool are mentioned you jump to their defence. Your thinking is skewed by your obvious loyalty to them.

You are Mystic Meg. What's this week's winning Lotto numbers?

Suarez is a horrible person but a good player. Liverpool have managed to turn this into another PR cock up, when will they learn? DON'T APPEAL!!

LFC should've jumped on him with both feet and pre-empted any FA action. They would have ended up with a shorter suspension, in all probability. Shankly, Paisley and Fagan would have done it without thinking. I believe Dalgleish would have wanted to, but money rules now. Your man's not a human being, he's £23M on the balance sheet.

You begin to wonder whether this is really what we aspire to - indeed, what we would have had under GJ bar a stomach bug and a facial injury.

Still, not a problem in the immediate future :(

I understand that Liverpool are probably not desperate enough to tarnish their reputation further by doing this however, if they keep Suarez next season, would they legally be allowed to pay a club like ourselves in League 1 to take Suarez on loan for the first 10 domestic games of the season. This would enable him to use up his 10 domestic game ban faster due to the mid-week league fixtures, early round league cup and football league trophy?

I understand that Liverpool are probably not desperate enough to tarnish their reputation further by doing this however, if they keep Suarez next season, would they legally be allowed to pay a club like ourselves in League 1 to take Suarez on loan for the first 10 domestic games of the season. This would enable him to use up his 10 domestic game ban faster due to the mid-week league fixtures, early round league cup and football league trophy?

knowing us we'd take on his wages as well!!

LFC should've jumped on him with both feet and pre-empted any FA action. They would have ended up with a shorter suspension, in all probability. Shankly, Paisley and Fagan would have done it without thinking. I believe Dalgleish would have wanted to, but money rules now. Your man's not a human being, he's £23M on the balance sheet.

You begin to wonder whether this is really what we aspire to - indeed, what we would have had under GJ bar a stomach bug and a facial injury.

Still, not a problem in the immediate future :(

I think Liverpool have further tarnished their reputation, through this.

Rumour was* always that when Liverpool were ruling, just on the brink of my day, they didn't have the same marmite effect Manchester United do now. People respected their supremacy and they weren't considered a total bunch of t***s.

Now that they're losing, they're showing themselves to be bigger to$$er$ than when they were winning.. just a 'thought for the day' type post..

*my old man brought me up believing...

Archived