IGNORED

Listening To Fans - An Update

Dave L

Well robin I believe in being straight. Something I don't think our board has always been in the past. I askd dl a straight question. He was decent enough to give me s straight answer. Iv thankd him for that. + that's the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned. I don't see why you or anybody else should be offended. Iv seen a hell of a lot worse on this forum!

Ciderup. I think its because the last time we were relegated the club shut it as a cost cutting measure. And despite requests from supporters they have refused to say that it will be open next season ( mind you they never reply to any letters about anything)

Forgive me if I'm wrong but from memory this is blatant bull.

City fans were moved out of the East End when the Atyeo was built and returned about seven years ago following campaigns from various supporters to return our more vocal support to that stand. Seven years might be wrong but I'm sure that's what happened. Absolutely nothing to do with cost cutting and there had been no City fans in the East End for quite a while before our last relegation.

• Admin

I thought you might be interested in this week's blog, which deals with the progress that I feel we have made with supporter engagement since the turn of the year. There's always room for improvement, but I feel there have been some real positives, which aren't often mentioned on here.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130502-dlblog-804921.aspx

In my opinion a very good read to end the season, I can guess who sent in the EE email, and everything is summed up nicely.

When it is put into text like that it does show that there are glimmers of light of a relationship being rebuilt between our club and us supporters

quote name="Robin TBW" post="1779653" timestamp="1367533437"]

Timothy Bird, you're a cock. Why don't you try posting with a little tact. You've made yourself look like a proper ****** with your bitchy comments - What was the point in the "Give me straight answer if your capable of it.!" part for example? Where does adding that get you exactly?

quote name="Monkeh" post="1779561" timestamp="1367526733"]

No 2 posts until a cock posted abuse

Two examples of why so many people avoid OTIB.

Can we stop the personal abuse folks. Now please.

So why do posters like Monkeh CONSISTENTLY get away with attacks like this during the season?

There is an alternative forum if people want to post like that!

I think communication between the club and the fans have improved greatly over the season from a terrible start where Del was the only available outlet but it needs to continue and not slip back again over the summer. Thanks Dave for communicating directly on this forum, very helpful.

Isn't that exactly what DL is saying they are doing??

Yeah probably I know his hearts in the right place but sometimes it just sounds like their trying to paper over the cracks.

I'm not even sure anymore if I'm fed up with Bristol City or just football in general. I might need a hiatus try something new.

Yeah probably I know his hearts in the right place but sometimes it just sounds like their trying to paper over the cracks.

I'm not even sure anymore if I'm fed up with Bristol City or just football in general. I might need a hiatus try something new.

Maybe it's a case of some fans ears are open but it doesn't sink in, or maybe they only hear what they want to hear!

For I believe the club are trying, communication has improved since the turn of the year, but for some unless the SL is personally ringing them up or sending the chauffeur to pick them up to assertain their opinion it isn't good enough.

Maybe it's a case of fans having lost faith completely in which case it's going to take a lot of work to get them back on side, that's if it isn't too late.

Now is the time to look to the future and not keep raking up past mistakes, I'm sure the club knows it ballsed it up big time.

• Admin

Interesting what Louis Carey has said in an interview published today:

Recent years have seen a major turnover of staff and players, the appointment and removal of several different managers and significant changes in the board room.

Carey believes these factors have all contributed to a loss of affinity between supporters and the club and he reckons it is up to the directors and the football staff to win fans over and foster a community atmosphere in and around Ashton Gate.

He said: "Personally, I don't believe everyone has been pulling in the same direction for a while now.

"I think that applies to the club as a whole and Bristol City needs to get back to doing the things that made us successful in the past.

"This is traditionally a family club, one where the supporters feel they know the players and have an affinity with them. The supporters are proud of their club and their city and they want to be proud of their team. But for that to happen, the players have to feel the same way.

"They have to be a part of it like the fans and the fans have to want to come and watch you play because they feel as though they know you. At the end of the day, this football club is all about the community. If we can get back to that, bring a few Bristolians through and keep the local people coming through the turnstiles, then we can come back."

The club continue to make pr gaffes. Such as the ridiculous over reactions to the t shirts on saturday. Even worse imo.was ( as reported on another thread) stewards forcing a young lad who was waiting to say goodbye to albert to leave the ground! Have they or the club got any idea how petty this is and at a impressionable age this lad could be put off the club for life!

DAVE L - I have never had a season ticket but watch the occasional home and away games each season. Next season myself and 2 others are considering a season ticket based on our new found love of the EE. The only stumbling block is season ticket prices.

My point here is that the club need to carefully consider the supporters on the peripheral (like myself) and what it takes to bring them back. Ticket price is key.

DAVE L - I have never had a season ticket but watch the occasional home and away games each season. Next season myself and 2 others are considering a season ticket based on our new found love of the EE. The only stumbling block is season ticket prices.

My point here is that the club need to carefully consider the supporters on the peripheral (like myself) and what it takes to bring them back. Ticket price is key.

the Season ticket prices in the EE were the cheapest in the championship and even some of the cheapest in the entire football league,

(alot cheaper then the Gas in league two)

I agree about getting the price right. As a matter of interest, what would you consider a fair price per match for a season ticket in the EE?

Even in prices don't go down you'll struggle to find a season ticket anywhere cheaper than the east end. Problem you may find is actually getting one.

I know that might sound daft right now but I expect a number of ST holders from other stands will move to the EE due to the cheaper cost and us in the EE will get prio on renewals.

With the strict allocation given to the EE I expect that ST sales will sell out in that stand.

However City this is despite you not because of you.

I agree about getting the price right. As a matter of interest, what would you consider a fair price per match for a season ticket in the EE?

me,

adults £220 - £240 (£9.50p - £10.43 I believe thats not to far from what it is now)

Kids/OAPs £50 - £110

due to the view

If I did get a season next year in the EE ( student ) I was hoping I wouldn't have to pay no more than £160 which I think is a reasonable price. Wasn't this years something like 180?

I think it should be 16+ in the EE as that might take the heat off the need for over zealous stewarding

whilst I agree with you (18+ for me) you can't really exclude one group of supporters from a stand thats a PR nightmare and unfair on families who may like to take youngsters in the stand

• Admin

no, put a fence up - that would reduce the need for over zealous stewarding - probably cheaper too

Funny how you see so many other grounds around the country with next to no segregation, I've never really understood why apart from the Rotherham game in 2007, our segregation always seem overly excessive

Dave, what was the answer to the t-shirt question, was it a legal issue? If so fair enough.

Dave, still no reply and no reply either to the 3 times I have asked on the "T-shirt" thread:

1. Dave. A handful of people allegedly complained about the t-shirts - why does it follow that they had to be asked to remove them and if not ejected?

2. I've asked DaveL the question in a post above, Dave has been looking at this thread today so hopefully a reply will follow.

3. Dave - for the third time(!), IF a complaint was made (which incidentally I don't believe came from a paying supporter) how does it follow that the t-shirt wearers HAD to be ejected?

Dave, (for the 5th time now!) can you please explain why the lads HAD to be ejected, if they refused to remove their shirts? And also was the complaint made by a paying supporter or an official?

If there is a legal issue fair enough, however I do not think that has been provided as an explanation yet, so some clarity would help - not that I'm thinking of wearing one.

Funny how you see so many other grounds around the country with next to no segregation, I've never really understood why apart from the Rotherham game in 2007, our segregation always seem overly excessive

I don't understand this either. When I went to Southampton away last year the segregation was only two seats wide.

Dave, still no reply and no reply either to the 3 times I have asked on the "T-shirt" thread:

1. Dave. A handful of people allegedly complained about the t-shirts - why does it follow that they had to be asked to remove them and if not ejected?

2. I've asked DaveL the question in a post above, Dave has been looking at this thread today so hopefully a reply will follow.

3. Dave - for the third time(!), IF a complaint was made (which incidentally I don't believe came from a paying supporter) how does it follow that the t-shirt wearers HAD to be ejected?

Dave, (for the 5th time now!) can you please explain why the lads HAD to be ejected, if they refused to remove their shirts? And also was the complaint made by a paying supporter or an official?

If there is a legal issue fair enough, however I do not think that has been provided as an explanation yet, so some clarity would help - not that I'm thinking of wearing one.

Is it not easier to just call him or email him directly than constantly posting on here...?

Tel: 0117 963 0600

e-mail: david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk

Do you really think eastend season tickets are a lot?

They were £10 cheaper than the cheapest season ticket at rovers, your mad if you think it's expensive.

What do you want them to be? £100?

Archived