IGNORED

Listening To Fans - An Update

Dave L

Is it not easier to just call him or email him directly than constantly posting on here...?

Tel: 0117 963 0600

e-mail: david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk

No, its just as easy to ask the question on here, which also has the advantage that, assuming I'm not the only one interested in the answer, the information is then publically available - that way everybody knows where they stand for future reference.

The problem with under 21 prices, I know quite a lot of under 21s who are better off than their parents.

Spot on, both my lads are under 21 and have a disposable income x10 that I do (perhaps I should put the house keep up).

Thats why it bugs me that the goverment want too put minimum pricing on alchol to stop youngsters binge drinking, it will never work it will just penalise parents and responsible drinkers.

Any way I reckon concession for parents who still have kids at home over the age of 18............you can tell who they are, completely grey or no hair what so ever, twitch randomly and talk under their breath.

• Admin

Is it not easier to just call him or email him directly than constantly posting on here...?

Tel: 0117 963 0600

e-mail: david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk

I think that the problem was that actions were condemned quickly both on here and on Twitter, but there was no further mention of it

Dave, still no reply and no reply either to the 3 times I have asked on the "T-shirt" thread:1. Dave. A handful of people allegedly complained about the t-shirts - why does it follow that they had to be asked to remove them and if not ejected?2. I've asked DaveL the question in a post above, Dave has been looking at this thread today so hopefully a reply will follow.3. Dave - for the third time(!), IF a complaint was made (which incidentally I don't believe came from a paying supporter) how does it follow that the t-shirt wearers HAD to be ejected?Dave, (for the 5th time now!) can you please explain why the lads HAD to be ejected, if they refused to remove their shirts? And also was the complaint made by a paying supporter or an official?If there is a legal issue fair enough, however I do not think that has been provided as an explanation yet, so some clarity would help - not that I'm thinking of wearing one.

I dealt with this very early on in the t shirt thread and I have absolutely nothing to add to my previous post, nor will I. Have a nice weekend. I'll be at the fans derby if you want to have a chat.

Spot on, both my lads are under 21 and have a disposable income x10 that I do (perhaps I should put the house keep up).

Thats why it bugs me that the goverment want too put minimum pricing on alchol to stop youngsters binge drinking, it will never work it will just penalise parents and responsible drinkers.

Any way I reckon concession for parents who still have kids at home over the age of 18............you can tell who they are, completely grey or no hair what so ever, twitch randomly and talk under their breath.

I think this is one of the problems, children are staying at home a lot longer due to house prices, parents in turn don't charge that much housekeep.

What would minimum wage being home? £1000 after tax? If a parent is charging £300 house keep, (which is very high within my friends), they will still have £700 a month to spend on whatever they want.

If your a student, I feel shouldn't have cheaper prices, noone forces you to go to uni, noone at uni seems to have a hardship going out on weekend Etc but moan about having to pay the same for football tickets.

I dealt with this very early on in the t shirt thread and I have absolutely nothing to add to my previous post, nor will I. Have a nice weekend. I'll be at the fans derby if you want to have a chat.

Dave, all your original reply said was "a complaint was made and I am satisfied it was dealt with appropriately".

Not much of an explanation is it.

I'm surprised you are being so obstructive, particularly given the topic of this thread.

Dave, all your original reply said was "a complaint was made and I am satisfied it was dealt with appropriately".

Not much of an explanation is it.

I'm surprised you are being so obstructive, particularly given the topic of this thread.

Nick they answer what they want to answer and don't bother replying when questions are a little awkward. Be thankful Dave even acknowledged you. When I have written to the club in the past, I never even received an acknowledgement.

I am surprised it isn't being looked into by the fans liaison officer more thoroughly. I mean if people start getting oiked out when the club feel like it, the will start losing support. I thought they were trying to encourage people to come.

The problem with under 21 prices, I know quite a lot of under 21s who are better off than their parents.

That's utter tosh! What so the 'few' people you know goes for the whole nation as well does it?

I love it when 'older people' get their knickers in a twist when it comes to students. You were my age once, remember that.

That's utter tosh! What so the 'few' people you know goes for the whole nation as well does it?

I love it when 'older people' get their knickers in a twist when it comes to students. You were my age once, remember that.

I'm not old, I'm 23. I'm going on people I know my age, that ranges from 16 to about 26.

A majority of "grown adults", have a lot less disposable income than students.

I'm not old, I'm 23. I'm going on people I know my age, that ranges from 16 to about 26.

You said under 21s. At the age of 26 you should have a settled job, a girlfriend/wife and maybe even a family. Totally different to myself or anybody else at my age (18). I have a part time job, unsure future so your statement is totally rubbish.

You said under 21s. At the age of 26 you should have a settled job, a girlfriend/wife and maybe even a family. Totally different to myself or anybody else at my age (18). I have a part time job, unsure future so your statement is totally rubbish.

Now your statement that by the age of 26 , you should have all that, is mad.

The average age for a first time buyer is 35, unless your renting, where are you meant to raise your family? Get them to fit in your bedroom at your parents house?

If you have a full time job, at the age of 18, on minimum wage, unless you are being charged a fortune to live at home, or have to rent etc, then you will still have a lot of disposable income, compared to someone on minimum wage, trying to pay a mortgage , look after a wife and children.

Age doesn't really come into it.

Now your statement that by the age of 26 , you should have all that, is mad.

The average age for a first time buyer is 35, unless your renting, where are you meant to raise your family? Get them to fit in your bedroom at your parents house?

Everybody is different. My parents got married at 19, bought a house and had their first child when they were 21. You just assumed that everybody is the same which is totally not the case.

Everybody is different. My parents got married at 19, bought a house and had their first child when they were 21. You just assumed that everybody is the same which is totally not the case.

Times have changed, hence the age for mortgages now being average of 35 like I said before.

Even if you bought a ex council house in hartcliffe or knowle west, it will be £100,000.

You need, 15-20% deposit. Lets go with 15%, so £15,000.

What majority of 21 year olds will have that now days? Unless you have had a rich family memory die, or into dealing drugs.

Don't really care if the ee is open or not as its so fullbof knobs nowadays but I wouldn't expect to pay anymore than I did in there this season to sit somewhere else

Full of "knobs" that create an atmosphere! without the EE AG would be dead!

Nick they answer what they want to answer and don't bother replying when questions are a little awkward. Be thankful Dave even acknowledged you. When I have written to the club in the past, I never even received an acknowledgement.

I am surprised it isn't being looked into by the fans liaison officer more thoroughly. I mean if people start getting oiked out when the club feel like it, the will start losing support. I thought they were trying to encourage people to come.

As ironies go, it doesn't get much better than the Fans Liason Officer starting a thread promoting a blog about improvements in supporter engagement, and in same thread refusing to provide an answer to a reasonable politely put question from a supporter - the fact the question concerns fans possibly being unfairly treated takes the irony to "you couldn't make it up" status.

Times have changed, hence the age for mortgages now being average of 35 like I said before.

Even if you bought a ex council house in hartcliffe or knowle west, it will be £100,000.

You need, 15-20% deposit. Lets go with 15%, so £15,000.

What majority of 21 year olds will have that now days? Unless you have had a rich family memory die, or into dealing drugs.

Well how can you blame them with the current climate? Everybody else would do the same.

Dont think he did Lew, where as your comment about "old people" does make assumptions.

I was your age once and was working full time and had more disposable income than my parents, just because I was under 21 that should not have given me a automatic right to reduced prices at football or any where else for that matter.

Its your choice to go to uni and good on you, hopefully it will reap dividends for you in later life but even working part time the chances are your disposable income is probably more than your parents after their out goings and probably more than mine.

To be fair students do have a lot more disposable income.

They don't really have much if they still live with parents, or they are in student accommodation which most people have loans to cover that.

Again student finance provide a fair amount of spare income for students, only things needed to pay for is accommodation/food/travel.

Quite a few students have part time jobs, even more income there, and get a lot of things cheaper anyway (student discounts).

When you are older 25+, you have to pay for a house/rent, possibly support a family, bills, no student finance etc.

So don't say students have less disposable income, they are the ones who drink the most, eat out the most etc and thats a fact.

They don't really have much if they still live with parents, or they are in student accommodation which most people have loans to cover that.

Again student finance provide a fair amount of spare income for students, only things needed to pay for is accommodation/food/travel.

Quite a few students have part time jobs, even more income there, and get a lot of things cheaper anyway (student discounts).

When you are older 25+, you have to pay for a house/rent, possibly support a family, bills, no student finance etc.

So don't say students have less disposable income, they are the ones who drink the most, eat out the most etc and thats a fact.

Of the top of my head:

Mortgage

Gas

Electric

Council tax

House insurance

Contents insurance

Sky

Tv licence

Water

Pension

Life insurance

Medical costs ie dentistry

Car tax

Csr insurance

Mot

Food

Petrol

Clothing

Nappies

Out of interest, how old are you? Just wondering if others around my age share the same view.

Interesting what Louis Carey has said in an interview published today:Recent years have seen a major turnover of staff and players, the appointment and removal of several different managers and significant changes in the board room.Carey believes these factors have all contributed to a loss of affinity between supporters and the club and he reckons it is up to the directors and the football staff to win fans over and foster a community atmosphere in and around Ashton Gate.He said: "Personally, I don't believe everyone has been pulling in the same direction for a while now."I think that applies to the club as a whole and Bristol City needs to get back to doing the things that made us successful in the past."This is traditionally a family club, one where the supporters feel they know the players and have an affinity with them. The supporters are proud of their club and their city and they want to be proud of their team. But for that to happen, the players have to feel the same way."They have to be a part of it like the fans and the fans have to want to come and watch you play because they feel as though they know you. At the end of the day, this football club is all about the community. If we can get back to that, bring a few Bristolians through and keep the local people coming through the turnstiles, then we can come back."

The wages of footballers are so disproportionate to the earnings of average supporters that there is little affinity. Walk around the back of the Atyeo on a match day afternoon and clock the cars of our under performing Championship footballers - it doesn't help to be reminded just how much disposable income these guys have, compared to the rest of us. A season or so back, i had to endure seeing Nicky Hunt's Bentley in the car park at home games and it made me feel sick. Fottballers should show a bit more humility IMO and not flaunt their wealth so openly. A sponsored Ford Ka for each of them to use on match days and for training will do nicely.

Excellent post.

DaveL is going about repairing the damage but its not a straightforward task.

My main beef is and has been for ages is the Lindleys franchise. The sooner they are replaced and we get served decent quality grub at sensible prices along with a wider range of beer,cider and lager the better for all the fans.

If you were a REAL fan, you'd be happy to pay through the nose to eat sh1te and drink p1ss, or so I'm repeatedly told :(

Archived