IGNORED

Players You've Met

sglosbcfc

Which players have you met and what have you thought of them? I'll start the ball rolling...

Joe Jordan - top bloke, really nice guy

Bob Taylor - friendly guy and cracking Mrs at the time 1990

Gary Johnson - met him a few times, funny guy and always happy to talk about City

Nicky Maynard - arrogant sod, when I spoke to him he couldn't even be bothered to look at me

Neil Lennon - very knowledgable about football, even back when I met him in the mid 90s, and complimentary about BCFC.

Scott Murray - top bloke as everyone knows

Paulo Maldini - funny guy and lover of big knockers ( but that's a story for another day, ha)

Ray Houghton - rude, arrogant and confrontational with no reason what so ever, big let down for me after being an admirer of Liverpool when growing up.

I used to serve Sunderland players at HMV Durham on a regular basis between 2007-2010.

Dickson Etuhu was a nice enough chap, his missus was a very pleasant person. Andy Reid and Paul McShane were both really sound guys (quite chatty) while others like Phil Bardsley, Titus Bramble, Keiran Richardson and Kenwyne Jones were quiet.

Roy Keane was intense.

Never talked football with any of them.

Footballers:
Rainer Bonhof

Trevor Francis

Alan Shearer

Tommy Doherty

Scott Murray

Peter Shilton

Jack Charlton

Geoff Hurst

Bryan Robson

Kenny Dalglish

Nobby Stiles

Other sportsmen:

Strauss, Collingwood, Flintoff, Hussain, Bell, Anderson, Pieterson, Monty, Mahmood
Dallaglio (sp?), Johnson, one of the Underwoods (possibly Tony), Eales
Frank Bruno

Some of them were just fleeting hellos, had the longest chats with Strauss, Collingwood and Hussain: all sound.

Sir Geoff was a class act, and also very funny.

Colin Lee the day after he knocked 4 in against the gas for Spurs in the 9-0 slaughter.

I even kicked the match ball with all the players signatures on I was ten and didnt understand the relavance my dad on the other hand was disgusted Colin Lee didnt give a monkeys about the ball and still bangs on about it. :D

Met Lee Peacock in Magaluf. He was sat in Alex's bar and when I bought some drinks I said alright he nodded I went back and told and told my mate who didn't believe it was him so he went up and asked him he denied it but I knew it was him. Lee Matthews was always a decent a bloke who would always stop and have a chat. Richard Keogh bought me and my mates a round of drinks when I spoke to him a couple of weeks after getting promotion. Colin Cramb was always a great bloke to chat to, had a good chat at Gerry Gow's testimonial, same with Adam Locke. Most City players past and present have been nice and chatty when approached.

Met Lee Peacock in 'The Works' Nightclub, all pissed up (me and him)

Met Steve Phillips in 'Reflex' Nightclub just before he left City, told him he was a good bloke and that if he was going to leave "don't go to the ******* Gas", to which he smirked in a kind of 'yeah, right...as if!' sort of way.

Saw Marcus Stewart off his tits in the centre with a couple of blokes at about 6:30 one Saturday evening shortly after he signed.

There is a common denominater in all these encounters.

Met Lee Peacock in 'The Works' Nightclub, all pissed up (me and him)

Met Steve Phillips in 'Reflex' Nightclub just before he left City, told him he was a good bloke and that if he was going to leave "don't go to the ******* Gas", to which he smirked in a kind of 'yeah, right...as if!' sort of way.

Saw Marcus Stewart off his tits in the centre with a couple of blokes at about 6:30 one Saturday evening shortly after he signed.

There is a common denominater in all these encounters.

You were in all of them?

Used to meet a lot of them in the 70's when they used to go on the train.

John Galley..Offered to buy him a pint on Sheffield station after his hat trick against Wendy, he told me to keep my money You need it more than me, top bloke.

Dickie Rooks...tackled me in QPR car park, sent me flying (showing me how Speedy Drysdale gave away a pen) sent me flying, but offered me a lift back to Padd on the team coach!

John Emanuel..in the train buffet, Newport keeper (ex Red John Macey) spilt the froth over his back, went to appologise till Gowey told him not to as he'd go ballistic, right nutter !

Kieth Fear.. traveling back from an away match, we both got as pissed as newts !

Many more, those were the days, just normal blokes.

I have met almost all of the city legends that feature in the books. Too many to mention. Big names I met are

David hasselhoff, mike tyson, roger Moore, rowan atkinson, nobby stiles, Geoff hurst, Gary lineker, Alan ball, wayne rooney, Steven Gerrard, sugar ray Leonard, billy connelly,

City ones

Don& Brian Clark, jacki, galley, gibo, jack Connor, jack white, tinman, hartley, Jordan, too many to mention. Ask me about a player & I'll tell you when & where & what they were like.

I have met almost all of the city legends that feature in the books. Too many to mention. Big names I met are

David hasselhoff, mike tyson, roger Moore, rowan atkinson, nobby stiles, Geoff hurst, Gary lineker, Alan ball, wayne rooney, Steven Gerrard, sugar ray Leonard, billy connelly,

City ones

Don& Brian Clark, jacki, galley, gibo, jack Connor, jack white, tinman, hartley, Jordan, too many to mention. Ask me about a player & I'll tell you when & where & what they were like.

You sound like a stalker!

Nicky Summerbee. Cocky arrogant little man.

Scott Murray. Top bloke.

Steve Philips. Played cricket against him. Cocky and edgy.

Tommy Doherty. Quiet lad

Lee peacock. Pissed on a Sunday night in town.

Trevor Jacobs. Used to work with him. Gentleman.

Buster footman. Blokes a grafter.

Pete McCall. Plays bowls at bristol bowling club on duckmoor rd. top bloke.

Austin Healey. Chippy little bloke.

Paul cheesley. Landlord at my local.

One of my all time favourites is Gerry Gow. I bet theirs not many city fans who can say after a night out at a reunion me & my kind friend who wasn't drinking, gave Gerry & his wife a lift to their hotel. On route we stopped & Gerry bought us a kebab & if I remember Gerry have burger & chips. True legend & what a boy.

One of my all time favourites is Gerry Gow. I bet theirs not many city fans who can say after a night out at a reunion me & my kind friend who wasn't drinking, gave Gerry & his wife a lift to their hotel. On route we stopped & Gerry bought us a kebab & if I remember Gerry have burger & chips. True legend & what a boy.

As the driver, I can confirm all of this is 100% true.

Don't forget having your picture taken with a certain bald, skeletor like gas 'ed! :redcard:

Met Deano and Matthew Bates at a gig a few weeks ago, proper flash gits showing off and being rude to the barmaid. Didn't like them one bit!

Graham Gooch, Gladstone Small and Darren Gough met them over in Oz at the beach cricket competition a few years ago. All had time to chat.

Played with Scott Murray at AG before, top bloke.

Have also met Paul Cheesly a couple of times in my local supermarket, great guy who is always willing to have a chat.

Met Deano and Matthew Bates at a gig a few weeks ago, proper flash gits showing off and being rude to the barmaid. Didn't like them one bit!

Graham Gooch, Gladstone Small and Darren Gough met them over in Oz at the beach cricket competition a few years ago. All had time to chat.

Played with Scott Murray at AG before, top bloke.

Ah, heard Botham tell the joke how they used to put a tie on Gladstone Small!

Archived