IGNORED

Tango, Carey And Heaton Retained

TRL

I agree with Tango and Heaton if they sign contract extentions,

and I agree with every signal player that has been reliesed, gives us scope in the transfer market a little bit,

Lets hope some vile agents can engineer a move for some of the in-contract wasters here

Does anyone else think it's slightly odd that the club are announcing this before any new contracts have been signed? They could be making a rod for their own back if, say, Heaton moves on elsewhere. Though the release of Gerken and Lewis Carey perhaps indicates that an agreement is already in place?

So for all the talk about deadwood, we will end up with Carey, Fontaine, Nyatanga and James Wilson as centre backs.......

Wilson and Fontaine are under contract we have no choice in keeping then unless we pay alot of money to buy out the remainer of their contracts which in turn will hamper our ability to make signings in the summer,

Wilson and Fontaine are under contract we have no choice in keeping then unless we pay alot of money to buy out the remainer of their contracts which in turn will hamper our ability to make signings in the summer,

Accept that but it doesn't look good when we have been screaming out for new centre backs for 3/4 seasons and its unlikely we'll bring any in on the basis of budget and the fact we already have at least four on the books...two of which, in my eyes, we should have been letting go

Happy as long as the price is right. No harm having Carey on. Obviously he's not going to be in the starting line up, but we do need a squad. He will do a decent enough job when called upon at RB or CB and will be cheap importantly.

Accept that but it doesn't look good when we have been screaming out for new centre backs for 3/4 seasons and its unlikely we'll bring any in on the basis of budget and the fact we already have at least four on the books...two of which, in my eyes, we should have been letting go

Agreed , plus Maloney who can also play CB. That looks like the 5 CB's for next season then

Oh well.............

Doesn't mean we won't sign 2 and loan out fontaine and Wilson,

We need one ball winning centre half, More improtantly we need to strengthern the midfield now Skusless has gone we can finally bring in a midfielder that will be able to tackle and track back which should protect the back four a hell of alot more then this season,

Of the 88 goals we concided I'd wager 30 came from the midfield not protecting the back four

Does anyone else think it's slightly odd that the club are announcing this before any new contracts have been signed? They could be making a rod for their own back if, say, Heaton moves on elsewhere. Though the release of Gerken and Lewis Carey perhaps indicates that an agreement is already in place?

One might hope they have each been given a deadline to make up their mind and that the announcement (in contrast to Stead) suggests a degree of confidence that they will stay.

Otherwise I agree with you that this announcement may present a risk - but it wasn't me screaming on another thread for the publication of a Retained List

In regard to Heaton - the club may be confident they can do better than the alternatives (Carey and Gerkin) even if he doesn't sign - and they may be right

I watched Lewis Carey on loan at Weston a few weeks ago. I thought he had a brilliant game and could see him as a number 2 for us. Not quite sure what SOD has in mind about that.

I watched Lewis Carey on loan at Weston a few weeks ago. I thought he had a brilliant game and could see him as a number 2 for us. Not quite sure what SOD has in mind about that.

Dylan Castanheira.

Said the retained list would determine whether I renew. Seeing Carey just instills worries that the club still won't move on and smacks again of jobs for the boys.

Tango disappoints too. He may have picked up under SOD, he may be young, he may have played lots of games, but last few months aside he has been absolute crap. You don't earn the name Nyaclangar for being a solid defender.

I know some will ask could we get better on a free and I say honestly, I'd bloody hope so. In any case the team has gone down without a fight, and I just want to see a dressing room full of new faces who are up for a fight, not like Lewin the shy and retiring type.

Afraid, for now, I won't be renewing.

Said the retained list would determine whether I renew. Seeing Carey just instills worries that the club still won't move on and smacks again of jobs for the boys.

Tango disappoints too. He may have picked up under SOD, he may be young, he may have played lots of games, but last few months aside he has been absolute crap. You don't earn the name Nyaclangar for being a solid defender.

I know some will ask could we get better on a free and I say honestly, I'd bloody hope so. In any case the team has gone down without a fight, and I just want to see a dressing room full of new faces who are up for a fight, not like Lewin the shy and retiring type.

Bye then. Unbelievable.

So what, you wanted nobody to stay apart from Heaton? Madness! Probably the most sensible retained list I've seen for years...

Archived