IGNORED

Tango, Carey And Heaton Retained

TRL

Once more on OTIB I get the distinct odour of hysteria. I for one have not seen any postings advising people not to renew their season tickets, just one little bird suggesting that he has seen postings suggesting this, but then couldn't substantiate his claim, I have seen individuals stating they either will, will not or are undecided and that is all.

I haven't seen postings telling others not to renew but I have seen a few fans saying they won't. Fine, don't renew then. O'Driscoll obviously has his plan and it may not be for some people. Move on.

Hysteria could be defined as the constant negativity and repeated postings of some individuals often repeating the same stuff post after post. Just as bad, if not worse than those who can see no wrong in the club and repeat that post after post.

I saw one post saying that Louis Carey could qualify to sit in the Disabled Stand. It's just plain disrespectful to a player who has given his all in 600 odd games and broken his nose half a dozen times in a red shirt. Perhaps you could tell me the benefit of that kind of abuse from behind a keyboard that has nothing whatsoever to do with whether the poster rates him as a player and whether they believe him to be worthy of a new contract or not.

I am amazed,with all the football expertise on here, that a perceived "mug" with such a poor attitude as Louis Carey has managed to fool so many professional football people and managed to somehow steal his 600+ game living without one single person seeing through it. Or, I know it's a long shot, perhaps he is a decent player with the right attitude after all!!

Like I said, if supporters don't intend to renew then don't renew. Shouting about it on here is not some sort of Badge of Honour!! Or perhaps, to make it more interesting we should have a competition whereby the person giving the best "excuse" for not renewing wins a FREE season ticket.

I saw one post saying that Louis Carey could qualify to sit in the Disabled Stand. It's just plain disrespectful to a player who has given his all in 600 odd games and broken his nose half a dozen times in a red shirt. Perhaps you could tell me the benefit of that kind of abuse from behind a keyboard that has nothing whatsoever to do with whether the poster rates him as a player and whether they believe him to be worthy of a new contract or not.

Spot on.

I haven't seen postings telling others not to renew but I have seen a few fans saying they won't. Fine, don't renew then. O'Driscoll obviously has his plan and it may not be for some people. Move on.

Hysteria could be defined as the constant negativity and repeated postings of some individuals often repeating the same stuff post after post. Just as bad, if not worse than those who can see no wrong in the club and repeat that post after post.

I am amazed,with all the football expertise on here, that a perceived "mug" with such a poor attitude as Louis Carey has managed to fool so many professional football people and managed to somehow steal his 600+ game living without one single person seeing through it. Or, I know it's a long shot, perhaps he is a decent player with the right attitude after all!!

Like I said, if supporters don't intend to renew then don't renew. Shouting about it on here is not some sort of Badge of Honour!! Or perhaps, to make it more interesting we should have a competition whereby the person giving the best "excuse" for not renewing wins a FREE season ticket.

Hysteria re-negativity? please I am keen to know exactly what positivity can be drawn from the past 12 miserable months and so far since the season has ended?.

As for Carey, the abuse is totally beyond the pale and promoted by ignorant people, he has been a wonderful servant for the club, however I do not personally agree with the offer of another contract.

Nobody is doubting that Carey has been a wonderful servant BUT he has been a part of a problem defence for the last 3 season. He also exerts too much influence in the dressing room, there has been too much 'player power' at AG. If he was good for the dressing room we would not have had so many 'can't be arsed' player performances this season!

Many like myself want to see the 'sliver lining' of going down as a chance to move forward again not stick with the same old failed crew. Carey was not wanted by Del, it was the board that forced through a contract for this season... and it's hardly paid dividends has it.

Archived