IGNORED

Tango, Carey And Heaton Retained

TRL

Not at all convinced that either Heaton or Nyatanga will necessarily accept their offers.

Lot of talk on the Burnley forum yesterday about them coming in for Heaton now that Jensen has been released and Grant has gone back to Derby.

I wouldn't be staggered to see the likes of Barnsley, Huddersfield or Doncaster offer Nyatanaga a deal, either.

I don't think we should be keeping Nyatanga or Carey to be honest. If we can't find better than either (considering Carey's likely to play about a dozen games) for what we're going to be paying them we need to improve the scouting drastically.

I'm happy with Nyatanga being offered a new contract. With some good coaching from So'D he can be a strong point in our team next season. Heaton I'm very happy with, very good keeper to have in League One, and I wrote about Carey in the other thread.

Anybody who is not going to renew their season ticket because a player they don't like has been offered a new contract. Good by. Thanks for your fantastic support. Don't slam the door while your having your tantrum!

What happens if you have a tantrum but there isn't a door to slam nearby?

Anybody who is not going to renew their season ticket because a player they don't like has been offered a new contract. Good by. Thanks for your fantastic support. Don't slam the door while your having your tantrum!

Whatever are you talking about?, I am yet to see ONE post stating what you are inferring, if there is such a post show us all.

So this is what I can see happening... Heaton will move on the eve of the new season leaving us high and dry as we will only have a 16 year old kid as back up. Nyatangle will hoof everything and panic consistantly, at least he is consistant. we will struggle to sign a partner for him as no one will want to be lumbered. Carey will have a BBQ and play around 3 games this season before coaching the under 7's part time and job sharing with Kitman Scotty. Kilkenny will stand and point and constantly adjust his captains armband.

Season ticket anyone?

Fontaine will find god, with one of his passes, Foster will go on a run down the wing, and never be seen again and Pearson is strawberry blonde OK and Wilson and Nyatanga will become Wales new central defensive pairing.

Taylor will score in a brothel and SOD will buy a laser pen to play when Killkenny is injured or suspended or when substituting him.

Esmond. Several people on different threads have said they will not renew their season cards because carey has been given a new contract!

Have you ever heard the saying 'the straw that broke the camel's back'?, I would say 4 years of misery, 41 miserable points, 84 goals conceded, 44 at home during 11 home defeats, a humiliating, gutless and almost certainly unnecessary relegation and the only thing to cheer us up during the summer was the thought of at last a good clear out of dross and less than half fit players and BCFC couldn't even deliver on that, I suspect add all that together + stuff i've probably over looked in my haste and Carey for some, Nyatanga for others might just be that straw, just a thought.

Actually I think theirs a post just above by red m. Who is saying something very similar!

There is a post by me yes, but I have not implied either way my intentions regarding renewing my season ticket. Maybe you have assumed, and we all know where that gets people.

As you are interested, as far as I'm concerned I want the club to tempt me and they have to up their game quite a lot as Nyatangle or kilkenny have never done it for me!

There is a post by me yes, but I have not implied either way my intentions regarding renewing my season ticket. Maybe you have assumed, and we all know where that gets people.

As you are interested, as far as I'm concerned I want the club to tempt me and they have to up their game quite a lot as Nyatangle or kilkenny have never done it for me!

Watch your tone M, next you'll be suggesting Skuse isn't a midfield general of the premiership ilk.

I'd be astonished if Heaton signed another contract. He's top end of Championship quality, maybe better than that.

Depends on if he likes it here and we all know money is not the B'all and end All.

Though some talk as if it it is........ we are all not totally driven by money......... I know I'd like more but it is not the only thing in life

I have enough from my employment to see the bigger long term view and my employment has meant over 15 years of money and security

So yes I could have jumped ship but the ship I'm on is still sailing and likely to for many years.

Just money is not the only consideration!

Hands up who feels the same...... there are always other considerations?

Have you ever heard the saying 'the straw that broke the camel's back'?, I would say 4 years of misery, 41 miserable points, 84 goals conceded, 44 at home during 11 home defeats, a humiliating, gutless and almost certainly unnecessary relegation and the only thing to cheer us up during the summer was the thought of at last a good clear out of dross and less than half fit players and BCFC couldn't even deliver on that, I suspect add all that together + stuff i've probably over looked in my haste and Carey for some, Nyatanga for others might just be that straw, just a thought.

If u read the posts most want Carey to go and tanga to stay

Also the last game we shipped 4 he played at lb and it was the mistakes by Carey (apparently) that led to 3 of those goals

But don't let facts get in the way of your rant

I know it's hard for you to see his vast improvement from your arm chair in France but the fans who go to Ashton gate on a Saturday have and are happy with it

I know it's hard for you to see his vast improvement from your arm chair in France but the fans who go to Ashton gate on a Saturday have and are happy with it

But what caused the vast improvement? Is it coaching? Was it the fact that his contract was expiring and he was no longer in a comfort zone and thought I'd better up my game if I want to stay in the Championship or be offered a renewal here? How do we know the upturn in form will continue?

Frankly I judge Nyatanga on what he has produced over the course of his four years here and looking at those as a whole he has been poor, perhaps very poor. For that, and possible cynicism over the upturn in form I would not think twice about offering him a contract but instead wish him well at his next club. As I have said before if we offer him say £3k per week for 2 years with add-ons, by the time you add on employment costs (insurance, employment taxes, and all other items players will be provided with) we are very easily talking about a £500k+ commitment. In my opinion an upturn in form since Christmas is not enough to warrant that gamble and I thought smacks of us continuing to place misguided faith in players - something Lansdown himself said the club was guilty of and would not do again.

Again looking at Nyatanga's performance over the whole of his contract would anyone have said he was a top League One player? Maybe over the past 10 games or so his performances on average would have been higher League One but in the other 90 (largely) I wouldn't have said he was a player that would take League One by storm.

That is why I want him gone. I want the club to do as Lansdown said it would and stop being overly loyal to players.

If u read the posts most want Carey to go and tanga to stay

Also the last game we shipped 4 he played at lb and it was the mistakes by Carey (apparently) that led to 3 of those goals

But don't let facts get in the way of your rant

OK as everybody knows you are totally incapable of having a discussion without the insults, but I won't sink to your level and try to carry a sensible discussion, don't you find it funny that the Nyatanga love in has started pretty much since SOD said he wanted him to stay?, take a look back in the weeks leading up to SOD's announcement and he was close to the top of virtually everybody's list of thank god his contract expires.

it looks like Carey, Fontaine and possibly Nyatanga will all still be here next season, so the probability that they will all play together at stages during the season is high, you have been warned.

If people don't want to renew their season tickets then that is their perogative obviously. Football is not cheap and expendable income is in short supply for many people. And the entertainment at Ashton Gate has been poor since GJ's second season Managing us in the Championship. Basically we have been treading water and having to play a cautious style of football simply to stay in the Championship.

I do find it bizarre, though, that some who can afford to go to football will not renew their season ticket and spend Saturday afternoons at shopping mall's with the missus simply because Player A or Player B has been retained. My thinking is that at least the club are trying to move in the right direction and implement some sort of structure in place in the Academy and Scouting areas albeit that takes time to produce results. The DOF appointment is the right move for the club albeit, again, we can't judge whether Burt is a success or not for a while. But who else would a club of our stature get? Redknapp? Or persuade Fergie to forego a place on the Man Utd Board?

My take on the retained player situation is that SOD is the Manager, he's got his opinion on players which may differ slightly to mine if the truth be told but nevertheless he does have a reasonable track record at League 1 Level for sure, is better qualified than me or anyone else on this board to judge a player if I am being honest and therefore I cannot see any reason to throw my toys out of the pram and not renew my season ticket.

I know the above probably sounds a bit too happy clappy for some but my advice to you is if you don't want to renew your season ticket then no problem - that is your right and I respect that. Just don't tell us five hundred times ad nauseum in your repeated rants between now and August!!

If people don't want to renew their season tickets then that is their perogative obviously. Football is not cheap and expendable income is in short supply for many people. And the entertainment at Ashton Gate has been poor since GJ's second season Managing us in the Championship. Basically we have been treading water and having to play a cautious style of football simply to stay in the Championship.

I do find it bizarre, though, that some who can afford to go to football will not renew their season ticket and spend Saturday afternoons at shopping mall's with the missus simply because Player A or Player B has been retained. My thinking is that at least the club are trying to move in the right direction and implement some sort of structure in place in the Academy and Scouting areas albeit that takes time to produce results. The DOF appointment is the right move for the club albeit, again, we can't judge whether Burt is a success or not for a while. But who else would a club of our stature get? Redknapp? Or persuade Fergie to forego a place on the Man Utd Board?

My take on the retained player situation is that SOD is the Manager, he's got his opinion on players which may differ slightly to mine if the truth be told but nevertheless he does have a reasonable track record at League 1 Level for sure, is better qualified than me or anyone else on this board to judge a player if I am being honest and therefore I cannot see any reason to throw my toys out of the pram and not renew my season ticket.

I know the above probably sounds a bit too happy clappy for some but my advice to you is if you don't want to renew your season ticket then no problem - that is your right and I respect that. Just don't tell us five hundred times ad nauseum in your repeated rants between now and August!!

Once more on OTIB I get the distinct odour of hysteria. I for one have not seen any postings advising people not to renew their season tickets, just one little bird suggesting that he has seen postings suggesting this, but then couldn't substantiate his claim, I have seen individuals stating they either will, will not or are undecided and that is all.

Archived