IGNORED

Heaton To Burnley....

PFree

Players are perfectly entitled to move on when their contracts expire. If they are offered a better job for better money, why not?

They certainly do not owe the club anything. It is only us supporters who have an emotional commitment to the club.

I disagree that they don't owe the club anything. It was mainly their shocking performances that made us the laughing stock of the league this season. They should be made to play a season in League One as punishment (not that I'd want them to, mind you). This is exactly where the problem lies: of course the players didn't have any fight in our relegation run-in, because they knew they could bugger off and get another big pay day in the Championship as soon as the season was over. Like I said, mercenaries.

I disagree that they don't owe the club anything. It was mainly their shocking performances that made us the laughing stock of the league this season. They should be made to play a season in League One as punishment (not that I'd want them to, mind you). This is exactly where the problem lies: of course the players didn't have any fight in our relegation run-in, because they knew they could bugger off and get another big pay day in the Championship as soon as the season was over. Like I said, mercenaries.

Heaton was one of the few who actually had fight

And frankly you are being very disrepectful

Crazy from the club to let Gerken go in this case. They should've wrapped up Heaton before letting him go, would've been a made replacement

I don't get why we let Gerken go would have been a great keeper in L1. We should have confirmed Heaton before this decision was made. Now we need 2 keepers and a load of new players 14 contracted players plus nyatanga if he signs oh and Carey

Oh well. There are plenty of keepers out there, and very decent ones at that. Being the type of position it is there will be plenty looking to move so they can get first team football. Remember Heaton came to us in the first place because he was 2nd choice at Cardiff. I'm not particularly worried in all honesty.

Heaton going is a blow but I'm genuinely excited about getting new players in - let's hope we get the right ones. I agree with the comments about Gerken. It's a pain to suddenly be keeper-less but I think it's far too early for SOD to decide that players he didn't want last week are now good enough. There'll be plenty of keepers on free transfers and I reckon two of those could be better than Gerken...

No disrespect at all to Heaton but we could really do with a goalkeeper who is a bit of a leader and'll marshall the defence. Especially if we don't have a centre-back doing that...

Disappointed with this news .... wtf we are gonna do next is anyones guess, and to think not too long ago the goalkeeping position was our strongest point, with a glut of GK talent & now we're back to square one with none & the heat is on.

Here's a tune to get into all yer heads today......

tell me can you feel it? ..... The Heat is GONE !

http://youtu.be/OfDMSHcmMW4

Presumably City will be reporting Burnley to the FA. Surely signing players early is against the rules, you must wait and wait and wait then scabble around picking whatever you can get a week before the season starts.

No, those rules only apply to us.

For some reason, despite being a very good keeper, I'd foolishly tricked myself into thinking he'd sign a new deal. Another week of negative news at AG, O'Kelly resigning, Stead and Heaton leaving... when will it stop?

I hope the club are well prepared to delve into the transfer market quickly and efficiently before our targets are snapped up by other clubs. We have few players in contract, some will almost inevitably leave (Albert, Baldock etc), and the restare some of the sh**e that have got us into this mess (Foster, Fonts, Kilkenny). Things are looking quite bleak unless the board have something up their sleeve in regards to transfers.

I think we should try and bring in Stephen Henderson if Heaton is leaving.

Archived