IGNORED

Willem Ii

willem ii

Pre season friendly? City v Willem II  

432 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reading at home est what 2,000? so at £10 each = £20k

Willem at home est what 16,000? so at £10 each = £160k plus all the trade the club shop would do if they sold both City & Willem stuff.

A £140k + difference, which is a big loss

Sorry are you suggesting we would get 16,000 fans to watch a friendly against Willem?!

Willem at home est what 16,000? so at £10 each = £160k plus all the trade the club shop would do if they sold both City & Willem stuff.

I would be very, very surprised if we got that much if we played Willem. I think if we got 8k we would be doing very well.

Not sure the crux here was about gates and bean counters. Twas about opportunities. Mentions on it here about learning from a club whose fans appear to still respect their club and team which finished bottom. Possibilities of a fan v fan game. Game on an open day. Kids tournament ... Ashton Boys Boys are looking to play abroad (Dutch). Links between fans without the possibility of outbreaks of windmilling. And more beyond the Forest Greens if a bit of nouse is applied.

I think it'll be more like 4k for Reading. And Willem would be 7-8k, not every City fan knows about our link.

For the people who are thinking of going to Willem II Tilburg for the local clash against FC Den Bosch: In the draft version of the new competition we start in the first weekend of 2/3/4 august with a home game against FC Den Bosch. We will keep you posted. Next tuesday, the competition probably will be final....

For the people who are thinking of going to Willem II Tilburg for the local clash against FC Den Bosch: In the draft version of the new competition we start in the first weekend of 2/3/4 august with a home game against FC Den Bosch. We will keep you posted. Next tuesday, the competition probably will be final....

Blimey that should be a cracker for you guys then?

What would a game away at FC Voldendam (Spelling!) Be like?

This could be perfect for me, hopefully it won't be the Saturday so I can go to the Dance Valley festival on the Saturday....

Could we be turning into the 'listening club'?

Well done again City, that two congrats in two days (following in fro the Academy success).

Times are a changing? All we need to do now is turn it around on the field.

Would love to see an Ashes style cup set up with Willem II.

Something along the lines of;

2014 - Play over in holland

2016 - Play at Ashton Gate

2018 - Play over in holland

2020 - Play at Ashton Gate

Seems there is a good chance we could end up palying Willem II away next summer.

Could this be the start of an Ashes stlye cup like mentioned above? Can but dream

That's the plan!

Well done Dave.

Having been a town planning manager I know all about the thankless task that is 'listening to the people'!

Nice to see progress - well done to the team.

As per poster above, make sure it's an away weekend day in Holland!

Indeed great news from you David!

@Chalky: in the draft version the match is scheduled on Sunday. So it looks like visiting Dance Valley is possible...

That we be perfect! I know the Dutch love their dance music - any chance we could organise Dance Valley on the Sat, stay In A'dam on the night and then get the train to Tilburg on the Sunday? What a weekend that would be!

@chalky: busses to Dance Valley are available on Saturday from the Central Station in Amsterdam the whole day (costs € 8 for a return). Train from Amsterdam to Tilburg (takes aproximately 1,5 hour with 1 stopover) twice an hour and costs € 34 (return). Ticket Dance Valley € 55. Hostel: € 20 per night (2 nights). Ticket Willem II: € 20. Flight: € 102 (return on Monday). Concluding: Having a great weekend in The Netherlands with a visit to Dance Valley and the magnificent match of Willem II against FC Den Bosch costs you: € 259.

Excluding the booze of course, so probably twice as much... ;-) But you can get one (or probably more) from me for free..... :laugh:

@chalky: busses to Dance Valley are available on Saturday from the Central Station in Amsterdam the whole day (costs € 8 for a return). Train from Amsterdam to Tilburg (takes aproximately 1,5 hour with 1 stopover) twice an hour and costs € 34 (return). Ticket Dance Valley € 55. Hostel: € 20 per night (2 nights). Ticket Willem II: € 20. Flight: € 102 (return on Monday). Concluding: Having a great weekend in The Netherlands with a visit to Dance Valley and the magnificent match of Willem II against FC Den Bosch costs you: € 259.

Excluding the booze of course, so probably twice as much... ;-) But you can get one (or probably more) from me for free..... :laugh:

Tried to PM you about this but it won't let me....

Those prices are fine by me! Have you been to Dance Valley before? I'm really into my trance music and the trance line up looks great!
I think BCFC's first game of the season is going to be at home on the 3rd August so we may be struggling to get bring a large following across but we shall see. As long as it isn't a big game that I really don't want to miss I'm up for coming over for Den BOSH and Dance Valley - do you think you could get a Willem following to Amsterdam on the Saturday for the DV festival?

That's the plan!

Dave credit has to be given where its due.

I came away from our talk this week very much with the feeling that, notwithstanding previous gaffes by the club (my opinion), there is a genuine desire to connect with the ordinary supporter going forwards; engaging with and embracing positive fan led initiatives such as this is a winner to that goal.

Can't ask for more than that. The club has come in for a lot of criticism in recent weeks/months, and rightly so in many ways, but the change in mindset judging by for example recent events on this thread, the Ashton & Backwell game, etc is quite noticeable.

Very happy with that, cheers.

Confirmation is there: First match of Willem II of the next season is a home game against the local rival FC Den Bosch and will be played on Sunday August, 4, 14.30!!!

This is a movie filmed at the last home game against FC Den Bosch (May 2012), which was very special, since this was the match in which we promoted to the eredivisie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxnuLb_UMuU

The movie is filmed from Vak E.

Confirmation is there: First match of Willem II of the next season is a home game against the local rival FC Den Bosch and will be played on Sunday August, 4, 14.30!!!

This is a movie filmed at the last home game against FC Den Bosch (May 2012), which was very special, since this was the match in which we promoted to the eredivisie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxnuLb_UMuU

The movie is filmed from Vak E.

Great start to the season for you and fantastic video. A lot of city fans may struggle to make it if they go to the opening game of the season. If I can get some lads together I think I will come over to Holland on the friday though, Dance Valley on the sat and Tilburg on the Sunday... What a weekend that would be.

Archived