IGNORED

Willem Ii

willem ii

Pre season friendly? City v Willem II  

432 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Surely if a trip to Botswana fits in with the Community Trust initiative then a trip to Willem would too???

It's a complete embarrassment if BCFC have dismissed Willem's request for a friendly out of hand.

How does Botswana fit in with the Community Trust initiative?

That's one for Dave L...

Are you saying DaveL has said Botswana fits in with Community Trust initiative? But he says fixtures and trips have to be for footballing reasons. So Botswana meets both criteria?

Genuinely confused mate have I missed something?

Are you saying DaveL has said Botswana fits in with Community Trust initiative? But he says fixtures and trips have to be for footballing reasons. So Botswana meets both criteria?

Genuinely confused mate have I missed something?

In fairness I think Dave said that SOD would choose friendlies for footballing reasons. I assume Botswana was planned before SOD's arrival and it's quite obviously Stevie L's baby.

I thought there was a club statement at the time saying how the Botswana trip fitted in with the Community Trust stuff.

In fairness I think Dave said that SOD would choose friendlies for footballing reasons. I assume Botswana was planned before SOD's arrival and it's quite obviously Stevie L's baby.

I thought there was a club statement at the time saying how the Botswana trip fitted in with the Community Trust stuff.

How the hell does Botswana tie in with Community Trust!!!!

It's a complete embarrassment if BCFC have dismissed Willem's request for a friendly out of hand.

I know the first request was made, by the willem board when we were in the play off final. I believe the club said they were all a bit busy at the moment and to ask later.

Willems board know our board Simply are not interested

It isn't going to happen this pre season judging from DL's response.

However, we shouldn't give up on this fellow reds. If we do get the new EE completed for the start of the 14/15 season then Willem II would be my choice of guest for a marquee friendly to celebrate the redevelopment.

C'mon City FFS, this could be a fantastic official link both commercially and in the interest of fan relations.

How the hell does Botswana tie in with Community Trust!!!!

Like this of course!

Additionally it will offer City the chance to further strengthen their community ties – one of the club’s five key pillars – visiting schools and local villages in the African country.

Via the Bristol City Community Trust, a lot of hard work takes place in the city and surrounding areas. The chance to extend that into another continent is a major positive behind the tour.

Managing director Jon Lansdown said: “In the past few years we have put a real emphasis on strengthening our work in the community and the Community Trust has been key to that.

“There is still a lot more to do, but this will be our first foray into another country and it’s an important step for the Community Trust as well as our longer-term ambitions.”

Sounds like we're after global domination. Surely the above also applies to Willem was my point Nick. If you buy into the above of course!

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130405-botswana-753996.aspx

Like this of course!

Sounds like we're after global domination. Surely the above also applies to Willem was my point Nick. If you buy into the above of course!

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130405-botswana-753996.aspx

So like ManU have conquered China we are reaching out to Botswana? Can't see us selling many shirts there!

I'm trying to understand how a foray into another country achieves community goals. So Community Trust means, any community, anywhere?

Visited the city of Tilburg and Botswanna and its capital ... No bull or in this case Rhino shit, so I am not vexed by BCFC visiting a far off clime. Still not sure what it is about. The Netherlands next season to I offers greater opportunity off the pitch for the community trust and the club's real community, and football clubs that have created many of the best players to grace the UK.

So then..... a couple of options here. A friendly ain't gonna happen soon, so let's wait until the fixture lists are out and maybe our Dutch comrades might suggest a Willem match that might prove attractive when City are away at some dire Northern venue

(yes..... I know we deserve it!).

Option 1 = coach(es) arranged from Bristol, snooze for many hours and arrive in Tilburg for a game and stopover/

Option 2 = Easyjet / Ryanair to some fairly local airport and the transfer / digs.

Mucho organising needed if doing group travel, slightly less for Ciderheads going independantly/

Watch this space for a suggestion from the cloggies!

Fly to amsterdam, get the train down, hotel in tilburg.

Its not hard really.

Can you still fly from Bristol to Eindhoven? as Tilburg is just up the road for those who don't fancy Amsterdam (not that Amsterdam to Tilburg is that much of a long train ride)

Didn't think I could be more embarrassed by our club now the football is over, but, proven wrong again.

Anyone else finding it hard to find reasons to support a club that gives nothing back other than 10% off a disgusting burger if you purchase this, this and this?

Even the Willem lads can see that our club is being rotten by overpaid wasters who don't give the tiniest crap.

spot on rich89 they dont give a **** about us lets all go dutch

So then..... a couple of options here. A friendly ain't gonna happen soon, so let's wait until the fixture lists are out and maybe our Dutch comrades might suggest a Willem match that might prove attractive when City are away at some dire Northern venue

Option 1 = coach(es) arranged from Bristol, snooze for many hours and arrive in Tilburg for a game and stopover/

Option 2 = Easyjet / Ryanair to some fairly local airport and the transfer / digs.

Mucho organising needed if doing group travel, slightly less for Ciderheads going independantly/

Most games are played on Sundays. It is easier to travel around than the UK, trains are cheaper. fly AM, train - game or drive.

I think the club don't want anything to do with it as they consider those City fans involved in this to be those of the so called hooligan persuasion, whereas what they'll actually find is that this is genuine fans with nothing but the best of intentions and to enjoy each others experiences.

Silly not to try to embrace such an initiative, it could have positive influences throughout our club.

An insightful analysis mate and probably hit the nail bang on.

I'm guessing the people that run Willem are much closer to the fans and what they do, whereas the people that run ours are suspicious of anything that looks a bit underground.

eurostar to brussells/brussells to amsterdam by thayls (dutch train) just over 4hrs...i cant stand flying,looked it up on the webb dont seem to bad,not that exspensive... :thumbsup:

Archived