IGNORED

Willem Ii

willem ii

Pre season friendly? City v Willem II  

432 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello Boys,

Since 6 years the vakkie E boys from Tilburg come over to Bristol, to meet our friends from the Eastend! The boys from Bristol came over a few times to Tilburg aswell, and this year a team of Bristol City Youth visit our footballtournament (they played even worser than BCFC against Huddlesfield 2 weeks ago). This weekend 40 Bristol boys came over to see the last game of the season against AZ and they we're our guests for the weekend. As always we had a great time and we hope to see them all again soon.

BCFC fans are always welcome in Tilburg.

About a friendly game between Willem II and Bristol City. Last year we tryed to arrange that. We have good contacts with the club, and tryed to get over Bristol City to Tilburg for a friendly game, but it didn't work out cause not everybody in Bristol likes the idea that the Willem II and Bristol fans are friends. We will try it again this year.

Grz. Derrik.

Hello Boys,

Since 6 years the vakkie E boys from Tilburg come over to Bristol, to meet our friends from the Eastend! The boys from Bristol came over a few times to Tilburg aswell, and this year a team of Bristol City Youth visit our footballtournament (they played even worser than BCFC against Huddlesfield 2 weeks ago). This weekend 40 Bristol boys came over to see the last game of the season against AZ and they we're our guests for the weekend. As always we had a great time and we hope to see them all again soon.

About a friendly game between Willem II and Bristol City. Last year we tryed to arrange that. We have good contacts with the club, and tryed to get over Bristol City to Tilburg for a friendly game, but it didn't work out cause not everybody in Bristol likes the idea that the Willem II and Bristol fans are friends. We will try it again this year.

Grz. Derrik.

Derrik, does willem have any form of community trust?

What a great idea it would be, if it could be a yearly event raising money for a English charity one year and a Dutch one the next.

All ticket sales etc could go to for example St. Peter's hospice one year, and a similar Dutch charity the next.

Received the following PM from DL (Dave Lloyd - our supporter's liason officer for our dutch friends who do not know).

"Hi Chalky

I think arrangements for pre-season friendlies were made some time ago. I know that there are ties between fans from both clubs, but I am sure that Sean would base any decision on choosing his warm-up games on footballing reasons.

Cheers

Dave"

I think it could at least be put past SOD - a team that were in the Eredivisie this season would surely prove a tougher test than Forest Green Rovers? Would also be a great PR stunt for the club who are keen to improve relations with the fans so we are told??

We've had friendlies with many European teams over the tears - Real Majorca, Ajax and Royal Antwerp to name but a few...

Swansea have got really good links with Den Haag - even to the extent that they sell swansea shirts in the Den Haag club shop (I saw them)

Willem II are a great club - Bristol City should not miss this opportunity to forge links with Willem II and be a bit more outward looking - an official link would see much more Dutch people coming to Ashton Gate and spending money.

They got some pretty tasty players from there as well, notably Ferrie Bodde, and also heard about De Vries from there too. An official link would be great - from a selfish perspective it could mean access to their Dutch scouting networks and maybe pick up some decent players. Loans to and from Tilburg could be a possibility as well. What you have got to ask is why wouldn't we have an official link - I can't think of any reasons.

Received the following PM from DL (Dave Lloyd - our supporter's liason officer for our dutch friends who do not know).

"Hi Chalky

I think arrangements for pre-season friendlies were made some time ago. I know that there are ties between fans from both clubs, but I am sure that Sean would base any decision on choosing his warm-up games on footballing reasons.

Cheers

Dave"

I think it could at least be put past SOD - a team that were in the Eredivisie this season would surely prove a tougher test than Forest Green Rovers? Would also be a great PR stunt for the club who are keen to improve relations with the fans so we are told??

We've had friendlies with many European teams over the tears - Real Majorca, Ajax and Royal Antwerp to name but a few...

Dave L are you saying the Botswana trip is purely for 'footballing reasons'? I'm a touch sceptical about that! How about doing something for fan and community reasons? It's not like willem are a pub team is it, they would offer a very competitive friendly which fans of both teams would enjoy.

Dave L are you saying the Botswana trip is purely for 'footballing reasons'? I'm a touch sceptical about that! How about doing something for fan and community reasons? It's not like willem are a pub team is it, they would offer a very competitive friendly which fans of both teams would enjoy.

Agree, I just can't see any pragmatic reasons for the Botswana trip.

Like SWRed said above, it seems there is the possibility for us to strike up a working relationship with Willem II, which could provide a number of benefits, such as shared scouting networks and academy exchanges (players and coaches).

"Hi Chalky

Cheers

Dave"

So why are we going Botswana? Footballing reasons as Dave l states? Thought not

As said above game should be played every two years alternating between here and there

The fact willem ii have already contacted us suggests the willingness is there

Having been to a neighbouring city I would describe the distance as driveable. Close enough to take a city kids team ect over as well.

Quite a lot of city fans already do this, there has been a link of some sort for over 7 years now.

Amazingly, it has grown from one Dutchmans love of Bristol, and being taken to a city game when he was visiting to what it's now.

Potentially it could be a very big partnership, maybe we are a lower league club again now, the club might be interested?

Me and my mate are up for going in a group rather than the two of us.

Thinking sometime in 2014

I saw Bristol City play against Huddlesfield 2 weeks ago and i can tell you one thing. Play like that against Willem II and the ref will send all BCFC players to Botswana!!! :D

WTF has a Footballclub to do in Botswana? Know for sure that there is something there, like family or business for the chairman of BCFC!!!

I don't know or there is something as a community trust but it's a good idea.

I know for sure that when the staff of BCFC comes over to see some of our players, that they will be suprised. Some of the Bristol lads spoke this weekend with some of our players and they told them that they would like them to come over. The players of Bristol City are overpayed and have nothing with the club and the supporters. Thats the difference with our players at this moment. They have not enough quality for the Eredivisie but they're willing to die for our club, their club!!! And next year we're going up again.

Bristol City Football Club and Willem II Tilburg.

Amigos Dos Amigos.

Hello Boys,

Grz. Derrik.

Derrik

Good to see you the other week up the Lions brother.

It appears to me that SOD needs to be asked about this - the fan's parliament the other week would have been a good time to ask him - too late now but next radio phone in or public meeting we need to pose the question.

I saw Bristol City play against Huddlesfield 2 weeks ago and i can tell you one thing. Play like that against Willem II and the ref will send all BCFC players to Botswana!!! :D

WTF has a Footballclub to do in Botswana? Know for sure that there is something there, like family or business for the chairman of BCFC!!!

I don't know or there is something as a community trust but it's a good idea.

I know for sure that when the staff of BCFC comes over to see some of our players, that they will be suprised. Some of the Bristol lads spoke this weekend with some of our players and they told them that they would like them to come over. The players of Bristol City are overpayed and have nothing with the club and the supporters. Thats the difference with our players at this moment. They have not enough quality for the Eredivisie but they're willing to die for our club, their club!!! And next year we're going up again.

Bristol City Football Club and Willem II Tilburg.

Amigos Dos Amigos.

:clapping::clapping::hug: hope we play each other real soon... !!!

I'd be really interested in taking in a game in Tilburg. I was lucky enough to go to Latvia twice but didn't get to Sweden or Portugal.

Is there any way that should a trip be organised that more of us can get info?

When their fixture list gets announced I will post a thread on here and people can discuss what fixture they fancy depending on who we're playing etc.....

When their fixture list gets announced I will post a thread on here and people can discuss what fixture they fancy depending on who we're playing etc.....

That's great and much appreciated.

It's a real shame the club don't get behind this as instead of the usual negativity surrounding football fans there are some very positive vibes about this link.

I am sure that Sean would base any decision on choosing his warm-up games on footballing reasons.

It's this bit that gets me! Is it seriously being suggested by DL that Sean arranged the warm up games in Botswana?

Well, I can 100% guarantee you that he didn't.

I think the club don't want anything to do with it as they consider those City fans involved in this to be those of the so called hooligan persuasion, whereas what they'll actually find is that this is genuine fans with nothing but the best of intentions and to enjoy each others experiences.

Silly not to try to embrace such an initiative, it could have positive influences throughout our club.

Archived