IGNORED

Willem Ii

willem ii

Pre season friendly? City v Willem II  

432 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

we havn't arranged a home friendly yet, make Willem our home friendly and if its a success go to Holland July 2014. BCFC will not have to pay any travel expenses for this and i am sure it will be a half decent crowd at home, probably get more than we did V Southampton and West Brom in recent years.

Swansea have got really good links with Den Haag - even to the extent that they sell swansea shirts in the Den Haag club shop (I saw them)

Willem II are a great club - Bristol City should not miss this opportunity to forge links with Willem II and be a bit more outward looking - an official link would see much more Dutch people coming to Ashton Gate and spending money.

Agree with all this plus the way way SO'D likes to play football surely a link up with a team from the country that gave us total football would only be a benefit.

Would love to get over there next season

It's this bit that gets me! Is it seriously being suggested by DL that Sean arranged the warm up games in Botswana?

Well, I can 100% guarantee you that he didn't.

I think the club don't want anything to do with it as they consider those City fans involved in this to be those of the so called hooligan persuasion, whereas what they'll actually find is that this is genuine fans with nothing but the best of intentions and to enjoy each others experiences.

Silly not to try to embrace such an initiative, it could have positive influences throughout our club.

two blokes in the picture behind the city flags. One is sixty plus and the other used to be the chairman of the city supporters club.suggest someone at city get in touch with them.

two blokes in the picture behind the city flags. One is sixty plus and the other used to be the chairman of the city supporters club.suggest someone at city get in touch with them.

Exactly

Wiki dont lie.....sort it out BCFC....:

The fans of Willem II have close relations with the fans of English Championship club Bristol City. Some Willem II fans were seen in the 'Eastend' (Bristol City's most popular stand) for their game against Sheffield Wednesday on the 31st October 2009, there were songs sung about Willem II.

Nuff said me thinks....

Didn't think I could be more embarrassed by our club now the football is over, but, proven wrong again.

Anyone else finding it hard to find reasons to support a club that gives nothing back other than 10% off a disgusting burger if you purchase this, this and this?

Even the Willem lads can see that our club is being rotten by overpaid wasters who don't give the tiniest crap.

^^ beat me to it.

Was just about to say, how embarrassing it is that the club just dismiss a fan/club link with another team out of hand. There aren't many teams out there that have a good relationship with other teams, we could be one of them.

Set up a friendly every two years, make it an event, form a proper link between the two clubs, fans getting along with each other for once, and maybe helping each other out with players/youth if needed, it's all WIN-WIN in my opinion.

The trip to Botswana, ever since it was announced, is a strange one, without doubt. And whilst the friendlies might have been already arranged, why can't we arrange another one?I'm sure if man utd suddenly said, 'hey, city, fancy a game?' we'd make time for them, so why can't the club actually LISTEN to the fans for once, about something positive?!?!?!

Come on City, make it happen. Seems like a unique opportunity here.

edit - one of the things that makes us/english football miles apart from other league (namely the Germans) is the fact that their clubs are owned by the fans, and the clubs listen to the fans (within reason).

The club says and knows that without the fans, it's nothing, so why not listen to us? We aren't consulted on the kits, we don't get a vote, other clubs do. Yet another example of a time the club should listen to its 'customers'.

I believe we are close fans link with a Belgium team to ,if so club and fans could set up a 3 way match with a fans team and a B c f c team to play each other . Taking turns in each country to play a round robin tournament . With money going to a charity in that city. Just a thought .

Imagine that happening at a training session over here, this forum would go Into meltdown calling everyone hooligans, that the asthmatic people might of not have been able to breathe, that people with a dodgy heart would of found it too stressful.

Willem II - FC den Bosch. 21-5-2012.

Great stuff, looking forward to my first visit next season already. You've got Kingside behind the goal and great a large group where it is being filmed from, which stand is better for atmosphere or does it depend on the game?

Have just PM'd DL to see what his thoughts are on a friendly....

Good initiative. For once, Bristol City fans are 100% agreed on something, why would anybody not want this?

To be fair to the club, I would imagine it's too late to get anything in the diary for this year, but as Fans Liason Officer, I would imagine DL's reply will be something along the lines of, "what a great idea, a fans-led friendly, I will speak with Steve and Sean, hope to push for a fixture pre-season 2014".

Good initiative. For once, Bristol City fans are 100% agreed on something, why would anybody not want this?

To be fair to the club, I would imagine it's too late to get anything in the diary for this year, but as Fans Liason Officer, I would imagine DL's reply will be something along the lines of, "what a great idea, a fans-led friendly, I will speak with Steve and Sean, hope to push for a fixture pre-season 2014".

He replied, to save you searching through the whole thread his response was as follows...

"Hi Chalky

I think arrangements for pre-season friendlies were made some time ago. I know that there are ties between fans from both clubs, but I am sure that Sean would base any decision on choosing his warm-up games on footballing reasons.

Cheers

Dave"

Agreed though, can't remember a poll with almost unanimous results as this.

Great stuff, looking forward to my first visit next season already. You've got Kingside behind the goal and great a large group where it is being filmed from, which stand is better for atmosphere or does it depend on the game?

Not Dutch but the two sections are different. Vak E is more casual - Anglo Saxon(!) and the Kingside more colourful and European (noisier).

He replied, to save you searching through the whole thread his response was as follows...

"Hi Chalky

I think arrangements for pre-season friendlies were made some time ago. I know that there are ties between fans from both clubs, but I am sure that Sean would base any decision on choosing his warm-up games on footballing reasons.

Cheers

Dave"

Agreed though, can't remember a poll with almost unanimous results as this.

Seems a surprisingly negative response from a Fans Liason Officer. I see one vote against - maybe it was DL!!

• Admin

Received the following PM from DL (Dave Lloyd - our supporter's liason officer for our dutch friends who do not know).

"Hi Chalky

Cheers

Dave"

Now in the sense that the two friendlies that have been announced it is easy to see why we are playing them.

FGR was part of the deal for Burns to go on loan, and the same with the Pitman deal

Again I'm sure in the past it was reported that to play a top Premier League side you have to arrange it a long way in advance that could be the case, but reading the response to me implies that the friendlies are all arranged.

Somehow I doubt that as no other clubs are announcing anything yet, and the way the announcements have come from the club we're drip fed the information, giving the appearance that they are being announced as soon as the dates are being arranged??

As for the now infamous Botswana trip, we all now know wny we are really going out there, but am I mistaken in saying that there has been no indication of when this trip is happening, not even which month it will be in?

Certainly doesn't appear to be anywhere near finalised, or when we are to play any fixture

That's an embarrassing response from DL. The reason why has been mentioned plenty already.

This club really is shit at it's PR, truly truly shit.

After a nightmare couple of seasons off the pitch, there were small glimpses of positivity starting to spruce up around the place, but remarks like mentioned above just undo all the hard work in moments.

Lets be honest with ourselves if David Moyes called SO'D this morning and said I would like to bring my full first team squad to play at AG8 on 27st July, do we really think that the trip to Bournemouth would still take place?

IF the Football Club wanted this fixture to take place, they WOULD make it happen!

Archived