IGNORED

Willem Ii

willem ii

Pre season friendly? City v Willem II  

432 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unfortunately I was not able to go to the away match against De Graafschap yesterday. So I ripped an report from facebook from Joris van Gils. It was an important match because with a victory we would get nr. 1 of the Jupiler League with 2 points difference to number 2 FC Dordrecht. WIth only 4 matches remaining....

The report:

Willem II-forward Boymans scored a quick goal 0-1, then till teatime no goals. In the second half, the opponent was way better, therefore they scored a deserved equalizer. The opponent still was better for the remaining of the official playtime. In extra time the opponent kept pressure and got a few corner-kicks. On the last one, Willem II countered and got a throw in, from that throw. One of our players was brought down in the box... Penalty.. Then there was some nailbiting, and then the ball went in 1-2... After the opponent continued the game, the ref almost immediately whistled for the end of the game... Willem II at the top of the table! 4 games between us and the championship... #TogetherToTheHeuvel #SamenNaarDeHeuvel

Here you can find footage from the penalty filmed out of the away box and the start of the party.... goosebumbs......: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=555308927917560https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=555308927917560

Out of interest did you watch the game?, or just taking that from stats you read?

I trade football markets and alot of Dutch games so I was following stats from Bet365. The stats for the season indicated home would score and away would concede, and there would be 2 second half goals so guess it was coming!!

The only way to watch the match, was to be there, since there was no live coverage. That was not allowed due to the matches played in the Champions League at the same time... I have followed the match through a local radiostation which was giving live coverage of the match and twitter... Even more nerve wrecking then being at the game itself...

The week of truth for Willem II has passed and the result is superb!!! 3-1 victory on Friday against nr. 1 FC Dordrecht. On wednesday an away game against De Graafschap (nr. 7 of the Jupiler League) with a 1-2 victory in the last minute and finally last saturday against FC EIndhoven (nr. 6 Jupiler League) a very convincing 0-3 victory.

Next weekend it could happen... Championship..... Two home matches. One on Friday at 20.00 and one on Monday at 14.30. After next weekend there is still one match to be playe on Friday 25th, but with a two points advantage and quite difficult matches for FC Dordrecht to come, there is a good chance that on monday a big party will be celebrated in Tilburg. That will be one to remember!!!

Of course are supporters of BCFC welcome to party with us. Just let the right persons know that you are coming... Getting more and more nervous....

BTW nice to see BCFC (almost) out of relegation problems!!!!

Just a short update. Willem II has won his match yesterday too!!! 3-2 in a tense match... Unfortunately fc Dordrecht has won too. Next match on monday. Home game against telstar. In case fc Dordrecht looses points and we win, we are champion! Otherwise it Will be decided next friday in the last match of the season... We are getting up!!!

Archived