IGNORED

Pitman : Nothing To Prove

shaner89

I think we did pay about the same for both players. But we virtually gave pitman away. + signd davies who we didn't need.-ive nothing against davies btw just don't think he's substantially if at all better than pitman.

If we didn't sell pitman he would of walked out for free last week

There is a difference between being lazy and having the intelligence to know when to make runs, instead of wasting energy chasing lost causes (which the majority of City fans will love you for).

This is true. For some reason City fans love players who chase things around but when you get a player who is a little bit lazy but with proven quality, like Davies, then they turn on him. You need a mix.

If we didn't sell pitman he would of walked out for free last week

Perhaps.

Then again, perhaps not if he had been playing under O'Driscoll (which he may well have been).

Probably worth the gamble considering the alleged pittance we got for him.

Always scored goals +he always will. Seems that's not enough for some people.

Sometimes just scoring goals ISN'T enough. I went and saw Spurs the other week and Defoe started. He was completely ineffective, in fact Spurs might as well of been playing with 10 men. No wonder successive managers have seen best to bring him off the bench.

I feel similar about Pitman. Doesn't offer enough over 90 mins, but usually a threat when he came off the bench.

Pitman is fine in a team near the top of the table

who make lots of chances

Waste of space if your near the bottom and get over run most games

I think you have just about described every striker (with the possible exception of John Charles who was as good a centre half as he was a striker) that ever put on a jock strap, Pitman is no different, he needs the service and never got it from our shitty non productive midfield.

I think you have just about described every striker (with the possible exception of John Charles who was as good a centre half as he was a striker) that ever put on a jock strap, Pitman is no different, he needs the service and never got it from our shitty non productive midfield.

I think he needs a forward along side him. He can't pay in a 4-51

I think he needs a forward along side him. He can't pay in a 4-51

indeed it's called playing to his strengths, he and every striker we had at the club for 5 years has either been ****** up by egotistic managers or given little or no chance by playing a midfield that couldn't pass water and to be fair to these strikers it is more of a testament to their quality that they have managed to score the amount that they have, than quality of supply to them.

indeed it's called playing to his strengths, he and every striker we had at the club for 5 years has either been ****** up by egotistic managers or given little or no chance by playing a midfield that couldn't pass water and to be fair to these strikers it is more of a testament to their quality that they have managed to score the amount that they have, than quality of supply to them.

Or just been shit like stern John

No

There are some strikers who are worth their place in the team even if they dont score (Suarez,Aguero)

Others

Offer nothing if they are not scoring (Defoe)

That's a fair call i would say. The midfield simply hasn't been strong enough for too long and when ever they played 4 in the middle we were over run. Every manager was unable to play to his strengths as the midfield was never addressed. Then came our defence becoming weaker season by season.

Everybody has suddenly changed their tune? When he left, most people on here were glad to see the back of him (apart from me and Nogbad)

I've always rated Brett, with the right midfield in the Bournemouth side next season he will easily be top 5 of the leading scorers in the Championship. A very, very good player. I haven't seen a striker who can finish better since I've been following City.

Sometimes I wonder if it's the fans that's the cause of our ' failures '

Everybody has suddenly changed their tune? When he left, most people on here were glad to see the back of him (apart from me and Nogbad)

Wrong. I constantly stated on here how much we were wasting his ability, as did many others. It was far from only two people supporting his cause, sadly a lot of people also deluded themselves into believing the stereotyped view of him being 'lazy' and offering little else, instead of actually acknowledging his various attributes. I'd say it was around a 40/60 split between those recognising his talent, and those who didn't.

Wrong. I constantly stated on here how much we were wasting his ability, as did many others. It was far from only two people supporting his cause, sadly a lot of people also deluded themselves into believing the stereotyped view of him being 'lazy' and offering little else, instead of actually acknowledging his various attributes. I'd say it was around a 40/60 split between those recognising his talent, and those who didn't.

Bags of ability. Most of the time looked like he didn't want to be playing, and much of a moaner. Still would trade him back for Davies and Baldock.

Pitman is fine in a team near the top of the table

who make lots of chances

Waste of space if your near the bottom and get over run most games

I don't agree, but at least this is a better argument than just saying 'he's lazy'.

No

There are some strikers who are worth their place in the team even if they dont score (Suarez,Aguero)

Others

Offer nothing if they are not scoring (Defoe)

Suarez and Aguero more often than not do score. They are also not a fair comparison, or if they are, would you not have Defoe in our team?

IMO a strikers job is to score goals.

What if Liam Fontaine scored, but didn't do his job and we lost 4-1?...

...oh, wait... he doesn't do his job.

And he doesn't score either.

I've always rated Brett, with the right midfield in the Bournemouth side next season he will easily be top 5 of the leading scorers in the Championship. A very, very good player. I haven't seen a striker who can finish better since I've been following City.

I never wanted him to go either, which was my main reason for starting the topic really. I always felt he was our best goalscorer, and although we have a similar striker in Davies, Pitman was alway fit and never selected - Davies is always selected and never fit.

I never wanted him to go...

Archived