IGNORED

Rovers Ground

Super

Ive been led to believe that the gates are the entrance to the actual memorial ie. the ground itself. This was evidently left to the rugby club to be used for sporting purposes in memory of soldiers who died in WW1. You sold it for cash to a supermarket and most of your grubby little fans celebrate because you think it means you will "get one over on the gert sh1t". I understand that BRFC have followed the correct procedures however that doesn't stop me thinking its a bit of a scummy thing to do.

I think you'll find that there are plenty of fans on OTIB who do care about things like War Memorials so you can **** off with your assumption that we only give a sh1t because its the Gas.

I am sure there are a lot who do, but the obsession on here about that particular memorial, which will be tastefully replaced as a garden, is totally based on the fact that it is to do with Rovers.

Football is a business just like it was in 1982!

Ive been led to believe that the gates are the entrance to the actual memorial ie. the ground itself. This was evidently left to the rugby club to be used for sporting purposes in memory of soldiers who died in WW1. You sold it for cash to a supermarket and most of your grubby little fans celebrate because you think it means you will "get one over on the gert sh1t". I understand that BRFC have followed the correct procedures however that doesn't stop me thinking its a bit of a scummy thing to do.

I think you'll find that there are plenty of fans on OTIB who do care about things like War Memorials so you can **** off with your assumption that we only give a sh1t because its the Gas.

I do think it is sad that The Mem will be built on, it's just a reminder that in this day and age money talks, and if big supermarkets come waving wads of cash they can do pretty much what they want. Thats not a reflection on Rovers btw, just the way the world is today, so that either makes me a 'grubby little fan' or a realist depending on your viewpoint.

As for the City fans who defaced the memorial, there isn't much any set of fans can do about a few mindless *****s, other than apologise for them, and attempt to put right the wrong, which is pretty much what happened.

I am sure there are a lot who do, but the obsession on here about that particular memorial, which will be tastefully replaced as a garden, is totally based on the fact that it is to do with Rovers.

Football is a business just like it was in 1982!

You and other Gasheads seem to suggest that no City fan would give a flying toss about the Mem if it wasn't for the fact that its sale is helping to fund a new ground for the Gas, that's garbage. If it gets discussed on here so much it's largely to do with your fans desperately trying to lord it over us as if it makes the slightest bit of difference to BCFC where you play. I, like most City fans, don't give a sh1t whether you get a new ground or not.

I do however think its a shame that a sporting memorial gets turned into a supermarket whoever benefits from the sale. It's business though....

Respect to your supporters for cleaning it up. Get your fact right though, there will still be a memorial at the sight so we are not demolishing it, and I stand by what I said, most of your lot on here just want a dig at the Rovers and couldn't care less about the memorial and the fact that it will still be there.

It's both actually. in years to come there will be be a plaque stating ''This ground was built in memorium to...'' , of course, there will be no ground, as you grubby little parasites will have flogged it for your own ends.

I, for one, don't believe in the demolition of war memorials under any circumstances (and yes, am ashamed of our negligible % who defaced it in order to get at you) but am also totally unsurprised that after the best part of 100 years standing, it will be you responsible for it's ultimate destruction.

If this were Islam extremists doing what you're about to do there'd be a riot. I cannot believe this has fallen so far under the radar and can only imagine the uproar from the Evil Post and jumped up sad sags setting up facebook pages/petitions etc if this were on the other foot and it was those dirty sh1theads from south of the river about to do the same thing.

Ps/ ''ooh, but the gates will still be there...'' sounds like yet more squirming and you know, deep down, that what you're doing is wrong.

As it's you who are the chief benefactors of it of course, who cares?

It's both actually. in years to come there will be be a plaque stating ''This ground was built in memorium to...'' , of course, there will be no ground, as you grubby little parasites will have flogged it for your own ends.

I, for one, don't believe in the demolition of war memorials under any circumstances (and yes, am ashamed of our negligible % who defaced it in order to get at you) but am also totally unsurprised that after the best part of 100 years standing, it will be you responsible for it's ultimate destruction.

If this were Islam extremists doing what you're about to do there'd be a riot. I cannot believe this has fallen so far under the radar and can only imagine the uproar from the Evil Post and jumped up sad sags setting up facebook pages/petitions etc if this were on the other foot and it was those dirty sh1theads from south of the river about to do the same thing.

Ps/ ''ooh, but the gates will still be there...'' sounds like yet more squirming and you know, deep down, that what you're doing is wrong.

As it's you who are the chief benefactors of it of course, who cares?

What a load of crap.

I am very, very proud that my Grandad won the DCM in WW1, my Dad was in the RAF and my mum also served in the ATC, in WW2, neither of which gave a flying fig about football, but I know they would all approve of progress and improved facilities.

The cenotaph is the perfect place to pay your respects to the fallen.

The fact that you have to resort to insults when talking about this subject just shows the lack of substance in your quest for some higher moral ground.

Respect to your supporters for cleaning it up. Get your fact right though, there will still be a memorial at the sight so we are not demolishing it, and I stand by what I said, most of your lot on here just want a dig at the Rovers and couldn't care less about the memorial and the fact that it will still be there.

The digs are aimed at you lot because of your holier than thou attitude - imagine the furore you lot would had created if City were in that situation. In fact, I'll just recall your lot's reaction to us building on a former landfill site as a gauge for how Rovers' fans react to situation such as this.

Good luck in what could be your final season as a Bristol club.

Archived