IGNORED

Rovers Ground

Super

Such a thing is called a "ransom strip" and used to stop development over the strip unless someone pays a huge price for it. If they cannot trace the owner then it could come back to haunt Sainsbury in years to come. I expect they can afford to deal with it!

Land ownership issues such as this aren't uncommon in dev projects of this size. Even after planning permission has been granted.

I wouldn't be overly worried if I were a dirty gasshole.

I have it on good authority that everything is nearly in place for them to start building at UWE at the end of August...its happening people and Bristol will finally be rid of the scum ...

Could be a "Stokes vs Cambridge" situation.

Lot of detail here http://www.wilberforce.co.uk/publications/stokes-v.-cambridge--what-does-it-say--how-does-it-help-.asp

In a nutshell a small strip of land can have a huge value relative to its size, if it is required to be crossed for access to a development site.

Yes but in the case of this land it appears there is no owner. No owner makes it much easier for the developer to claim it.

Yes, and its going to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Funny if the strip of land was owned by Steve Lansdown.

I don't mind them getting a new ground tbh because AV or a redeveloped AG would still look way better IMO. Certainly a redeveloped AG would keep the history of the club within its traditional heartland, I bet they would love to have been able to do the same at Eastville. The plain bowl look of the new UWE stadium doesn't really do it for me....it has no soul...modern, identikit...out of town.

However, just imagine how annoyed they would be if Lansdown did own this strip of land.

Heard from someone involved for sainsburys that ag is the preferred site allegedly

Therefore i Doubt anything will be signed on the ground till our fate is known

Surely two completely separate projects?

Actually...definitely two separate projects. Forget it, your mates talking rubbish.

This is almost certainly a very minor part of the process and whilst Rovers are a small tinpot cowboy business, Sainsburys aren't. As a result its highly unlikely (I would've thought) that they would not have these sorts of things covered.

It is amusing though to read the Gas thread in the link provided by the OP to see some of them start to worry that they've blown their wad way too early regarding the new stadium. In reality I doubt they have anything to worry about.

OTIB.

Land ownership issues such as this aren't uncommon in dev projects of this size. Even after planning permission has been granted.

I have it on good authority that everything is nearly in place for them to start building at UWE at the end of August...its happening people and Bristol will finally be rid of the scum ...

No no, you obviously haven't heard:- Ashton Vale isn't getting built so C!ty are staying in their red tin shed. Shame!

Are they supposed to be getting a new ground??

They haven't mentioned it....

Like the fact Dave Whelan never mentioned, on Saturday, that he broke his leg in the cup final?

That was getting rather annoying TBH!

Will they be changing their name again?

No no, you obviously haven't heard:- Ashton Vale isn't getting built so C!ty are staying in their red tin shed. Shame!

Rather that than move to some unimpressive, out of town bowl. Can't wait for you needy pussies to **** off actually.

Try not to get expelled from campus for racially abusing kids or attacking female students.

I used to walk my dog and ice skate on that very strip of land. How do I apply to claim it as a village green?

I remember you doing that....... we always used to say hello and then you'd go on skating with the dog (happy days!) bloody clever how you taught the dog to skate too and all its pups

Funny thing was your dogs never bothered my badgers who live on the same bit of land. My Great Great Great Great x a lot Grandfather who built a stone circle & village there which he painted green. Same place he used to walk his wolves just after the last ice age....... so I'd guess it has always been a good place to skate, walk dog or wolves and obviously should be a village green because that was the colour it had been painted (the village that is).

Bristol City Council are you reading or should we just go straight to the Evening Post with these exclusive facts!

Again? Bristol Rovers FC since 1899...

Black Arabs, Nomads, Pirates. How the fcku you've the nerve to use Bristol in the title of that club I don't know.

According to your minimal, spiteful, bunch of inbreads, during the last time you decided to leave Bristol and pay your taxes to a neighbouring authority, the only reason you didn't have a new ground was all the fault of BCC, because they never found a site for you, boo hoo.

The fact you never put in a single planning application for any of these so called failed plans which were all the fault of the city council according to your lot, has no bearing on the matter. Hengrove was a no no from the onset and city were given the same no no from the council, Severnside was the fault of your consultants, who never did a proper feasability study, which if carried out, would have found that no sporting or leisure facilities could be built in that restricted area. And Carsons green was really pie in the sky with the dream of building in an area of common land and significant lack of any infrastructure.

So you moved to Bath, payed your rates to Bath, moaned about Bristol, formed a political party to fight against Bristol, stole the ground from the Bristol rugby club. Now your moving out of Bristol again, to the SGB (South Glos Bowl) and your still happy to use the name of Bristol in your title. You really should revert to the name of Nomads or Pirates as they are a more accurate description of the club you support.

You should be thoroughly ashamed but I doubt you have the inteligence to have those feelings, no offence intended.

Archived