IGNORED

Rovers Ground

Super

Employed by the club though,and surely two people can't act independently,they where acting together.

Actually it was the club that brought the issue to light. Million (a goalkeeper brought in from Middlesborough) and Williams, who I think was a forward, had accepted bribes to lose a game at Bradford. Million 'spilled' several relatively easy balls but a mixture of last ditch defending and the defence trying to keep the ball away from him, meant the game ended in a draw.

Confronted by suspicious teamates in the dressing room, Million confessed and the matter was reported to manager Bert Tann and through the club to the authorities.

While no one could be proud of players taking bribes, the reaction of their teamates and the club was exemplary.

Actually it was the club that brought the issue to light. Million (a goalkeeper brought in from Middlesborough) and Williams, who I think was a forward, had accepted bribes to lose a game at Bradford. Million 'spilled' several relatively easy balls but a mixture of last ditch defending and the defence trying to keep the ball away from him, meant the game ended in a draw.

Confronted by suspicious teamates in the dressing room, Million confessed and the matter was reported to manager Bert Tann and through the club to the authorities.

While no one could be proud of players taking bribes, the reaction of their teamates and the club was exemplary.

Stinking cheats

Actually - two new football Stadia in Bristol will be good for the City as a whole. Bristol will cease to be a footballing backwater.

The red team doing well in the Premier League and the blue one probably punching a bit over their weight but just about holding their own in the 2nd division.

Shame how only one stadium will be in bristol.

I understand your directors were whooping with joy and dancing a merry little jig at the news that Rovers were having to relocate to Bath. Apparently delighted they would have the opportunity to secure all support from within Bristol. Rovers in Bath for how many years? all the advantages of your own stadium, exclusivity of support for all those years, a multi-millionaire chairman, yet you now have debts of £42 million+ and have just been relegated. Oh, and no new ground.

Wow!

Don't you just hate an envious gashead...... You could only dream of such success for your club :)

Don't you just hate an envious gashead...... You could only dream of such success for your club :)

Where, exactly, did you detect any element of envy in the post on which you have commented? Dearie me, perhaps you should google the word.

Whilst you're at it, google success. I doubt it will include "Relegation, £42 million+ debt and a tired, red tin shed as a home"

Towngas,obviously the debt and relegation are things none of us wanted but with regard to the "tin shed" many City fans want to stay at Ashton Gate.I forget the figure but there was a recent poll about how many City fans would rather stay at the Gate.I voted to stay.I don't know how old you are but if you are over 40 and used to stand on the Tote End I suspect your heart is still there.I have been at Ashton Gate on the East End when possible for nearly 40 years.Why would I be happier in a new stadium?A big part of my life including people no longer with me will always be at Ashton Gate.

Where, exactly, did you detect any element of envy in the post on which you have commented? Dearie me, perhaps you should google the word.

Whilst you're at it, google success. I doubt it will include "Relegation, £42 million+ debt and a tired, red tin shed as a home"

I googled the word 'Bitterness' and the first result was a link to your fans forum.

I then googled the word 'Tinpot' and up popped your clubs Wiki page.

In all fairness your blue wooden Bowl shout wasn't really anything to shout about..

Each to their own but I feel both posts are on a par..

I believe that it's YOUR blue wooden bowl that isn't much to shout about.

I'm glad so many of your fellow blue few finally feel confident enough to come on here and have a pop. Towngas is great because he has all the attributes that you expect in a gashead: anger, bitterness and jealousy.

I can't blame him because it must be terribly hard constantly living in our shadow. Thankfully I'll never have to realise those feelings to truly understand. League Two must be an horrific place to be, which can't help his anger.

I believe that it's YOUR blue wooden bowl that isn't much to shout about.

I'm glad so many of your fellow blue few finally feel confident enough to come on here and have a pop. Towngas is great because he has all the attributes that you expect in a gashead: anger, bitterness and jealousy.

I can't blame him because it must be terribly hard constantly living in our shadow. Thankfully I'll never have to realise those feelings to truly understand. League Two must be an horrific place to be, which can't help his anger.

Pipe down Frederick,

Can't believe you of all people are going on about people's anger.. Ha ha,, some of your outbursts at me have been fuelled with rage.. Obviously I was terrified and knew my place :laugh:..

Pipe down Frederick,

Can't believe you of all people are going on about people's anger.. Ha ha,, some of your outbursts at me have been fuelled with rage.. Obviously I was terrified and knew my place :laugh:..

Why would I have any reason to rage at you and anything you say? Given our respective clubs' positions and everything that you can wish to compare between the two clubs favouring BCFC, I fail to comprehend your statement?

You were right to be terrified though.

New to this forum but one of the old guard of watching Bristol football. Yes i did say Bristol football as i've been going to watch both clubs over the last 50 years. Started watching City in the Ateyo/Jimmy Rodgers era and started watching Rovers in the Alfie Biggs/Bradford era.

Regarding the grounds both Eastville and Ashton Gate were great to visit in the 60's & 70's but both became very tired looking in the early 80's thus Eastville was pulled down & Ashton Gate renovated to its present state.

Currently Rovers playing at the Memorial which quite frankly is a dump and Ashton Gate is not much better. Thats why both teams need new grounds and with Rovers securing The UWE they are well on the way to securing a decent ground which hopefully will give them a very successful future. City need Ashton Vale in order to progress likewise. A refurbished Ashton Gate is not the answer.

is this the same tired ,red tin shed that you runaway from every time we play you :fear::fear::fear::rofl2br:.. jog on sag!!

No need, a purpose built 21,700 facility (with excellent road and rail transport links (M4, M5, M32 and ringroad, plus Parkway and Abbeywood stations), 2,500 on site car parking spaces, modern catering, conference and hospitality facilities, 2 large video screens, 28 Executive boxes, a 2-tier Supporters Clubhouse bar spanning the entire North End of the Stadium (one of the biggest in the country) with direct access to the seats, state-of-the-art disabled facilities etc etc etc) will be ready right on our doorstep within 2 years. Why move to Darlington? ;)

Do i really have to explain this to you yet again? It may have good links to the main roads but it will take you hours to reach them main roads. Every night ai get stuck on them same roads you mention. Imagine what it's gonna be like when a game is on? Midweek games will be gridlocked. Have you tried walking from your stadium to Parkway? Half hour at least! Abbotswood isn't much better as have to walk all round the mod. No local pubs, no where decent to get somewhere to eat pre match. The location for the bowl is completely wrong.

What we are witnessing is the final move in the of transfer of a piece of real property from one group of the Bristol elite (the former Rugby club owners) to another group of the Bristol elite (the UWE hierarchy). It is likely the transfer has been orchestrated by the Merchant Venturers and that Bristol Rovers have been used merely as a conduit.

Do i really have to explain this to you yet again? It may have good links to the main roads but it will take you hours to reach them main roads. Every night ai get stuck on them same roads you mention. Imagine what it's gonna be like when a game is on? Midweek games will be gridlocked. Have you tried walking from your stadium to Parkway? Half hour at least! Abbotswood isn't much better as have to walk all round the mod. No local pubs, no where decent to get somewhere to eat pre match. The location for the bowl is completely wrong.

Well thanks for the traffic update. But I travel the very same roads every time I watch a home game now! I drive right past the site off the M32, past Abbeywood to get to Horfield. So I know exactly what the traffic is like on a matchday and it's perfectly manageable thank you.

Even fans coming from the other way will use similar roads and if Horfield can hope on a matchday I know the new site will too.

It's certainly no worse than getting to AG, and that copes ok on a matchday, right?

But thanks for your concerns! It's a FANTASTIC location and you know it :)

What we are witnessing is the final move in the of transfer of a piece of real property from one group of the Bristol elite (the former Rugby club owners) to another group of the Bristol elite (the UWE hierarchy). It is likely the transfer has been orchestrated by the Merchant Venturers and that Bristol Rovers have been used merely as a conduit.

Nice conspiracy. But tell me, how will the UWE hierarchy utilise a near 22,000 capacity stadium without the Rovers there? What exactly are you suggesting? I guess you also believe the Queen is a lizard and head of the Illuminati, right?

Well thanks for the traffic update. But I travel the very same roads every time I watch a home game now! I drive right past the site off the M32, past Abbeywood to get to Horfield. So I know exactly what the traffic is like on a matchday and it's perfectly manageable thank you.

Even fans coming from the other way will use similar roads and if Horfield can hope on a matchday I know the new site will too.

It's certainly no worse than getting to AG, and that copes ok on a matchday, right?

But thanks for your concerns! It's a FANTASTIC location and you know it :)

Hmmm ,lack of traffic on a match day, why would that be , one wonders ?

Well if Horfield copes with 6-7,000 crowds both on Saturdays and midweek then the UWE will be fine, right? After all there's only gonna be 5,000 or so rattling around in there according to your lot ;)

Slightly ambitious.

Ok let's put the record straight. Dancin Danny is painting a very colourful picture of Rovers saving the rugby club. He is either totally mistaken when referring to past events, or lying through his teeth to big up his club. Some people seem to have been taken in by this utter bullshit.

1. The rugby club were in financial trouble, losing money hand over foot on a weekly basis.

2. Their chairman gave them loans of £2 million pounds to help out.

3. Rovers were brought in as tennants to raise income but the rugby club were still losing money.

4. A deal was struck where Rovers (Dunceford) bought a 50% share in a new company called the memorial stadium company. £2 million was paid for that share, not £2.5 million.

5. Dunceford made a statement that they were getting a 50% share in property worth £6 Million, there was also a transfer of some land at Filton into the ownership of I believe, some of the directors of the rugby club. That bit of the deal is not public knowledge.

6. The £2 million went straight to the chairman as repayment of his loans, the rugby club did not recieve anything and were still losing money on a weekly basis, yet the deal was done where one or the other 50% owners of the memorial company could buy out the the other party. There was only ever going to be one party going bust and one outcome.

7. Within a short time, the rugby club who were losing money on a weekly basis and did not receive anything from the sale of the 50% share, announced that they were going bust and that Rovers (Dunceford) had bought out the remaining 50% share of the memorial company for £10,000 as agreed.

8. The housing site was then sold by the memorial company for I believe £4milion ( Dunceford owned the majority of shares) so the memorial company had no debts. Houses were then built on it. £2milion profit for Dunceford and chums, sweet fa for the rugby club.

So in summary. The rugby club were stitched up by their chairman, possibly the directors and Dunceford.

Dunceford obtained £6milion worth of land/property for £2m plus £10,000 for the remaining share, according to his own statement. The rugby club then became tennants in their own home. 50 % of the site was then sold for £4 million for housing (dramatic increase in value for housing). this could easily have been sold by the chairman and cleared his debts and raised money for the rugby club. Perhaps the other land at Filton had something to do with why it was not.

This non deal with Amtrak was probably a smokescreen or big stick to push the deal through, it's still being used as such by certain people to portray a different picture from reality.

Oh yes, in 1982 the then directors of BRFC made a last ditch attempt to buy Ashton Gate from BCFC for about £400,000 (well under it's real value) who were in finacial trouble. This was not as some sort of favour to help the club out, it was done because they thought they could get it on the cheap, just like the memorial stadium.

And Dancin Dreaming Danny likes to portray BRFC as moralistic. Just as they're portrayed as the "family club", that's if it's the family from hell.

The moral of this story is. Never get in bed with a gashead, he'll have the roof over your head removed and in his ownership with you as his tennant, before you can say, would you like a coffee.

Archived