IGNORED

Rovers Ground

Super

Now let's hope that they don't find a rare crocus growing on that ransom strip - or a family of endangered beetles living upon it because things like that have been know to slow down such projects, especially when the Greens get involved.

Anyone got any rare crocus seeds?

Would endangered hedgehogs do?

• Sorry but you are the ONLY jealous ones in Bristol . Your stadium will be second rate compared to ours without a doubt, yes you are one division ahead of us for at least one more season but with your joke of a manager who couldn't motivate a sack of spuds I think you are in for a tough old season. The only reason Ashton gate is being updated is for the purpose of the Rugby club and you lot know it.Three teams in Ashton and you will be bottom of the pile. 1.BRISTOL RUGBY CLUB 2.BRISTOL ACADEMY LADIES FOOTBALL CLUB 3. BRISTOL CITY FC 1982.
  • Oh and our "soulless bowl" as you put it will have more atmosphere than your crumby stadium ever has. Have you got any other song than "Come on you reds"?

• [*]Sorry but you are the ONLY jealous ones in Bristol .

You keep telling yourself that fella, if it makes you feel better about the prospect of moving out of Bristol to a one tier version of Stadium MK, then great.

I've ignored the rest of your post as it was just the usual Gas chutney about 'new era's', impending doom for City, Lansdowns prioritzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ok let's put the record straight. Dancin Danny is painting a very colourful picture of Rovers saving the rugby club. He is either totally mistaken when referring to past events, or lying through his teeth to big up his club. Some people seem to have been taken in by this utter bullshit.

1. The rugby club were in financial trouble, losing money hand over foot on a weekly basis.

2. Their chairman gave them loans of £2 million pounds to help out.

3. Rovers were brought in as tennants to raise income but the rugby club were still losing money.

4. A deal was struck where Rovers (Dunceford) bought a 50% share in a new company called the memorial stadium company. £2 million was paid for that share, not £2.5 million.

5. Dunceford made a statement that they were getting a 50% share in property worth £6 Million, there was also a transfer of some land at Filton into the ownership of I believe, some of the directors of the rugby club. That bit of the deal is not public knowledge.

6. The £2 million went straight to the chairman as repayment of his loans, the rugby club did not recieve anything and were still losing money on a weekly basis, yet the deal was done where one or the other 50% owners of the memorial company could buy out the the other party. There was only ever going to be one party going bust and one outcome.

7. Within a short time, the rugby club who were losing money on a weekly basis and did not receive anything from the sale of the 50% share, announced that they were going bust and that Rovers (Dunceford) had bought out the remaining 50% share of the memorial company for £10,000 as agreed.

8. The housing site was then sold by the memorial company for I believe £4milion ( Dunceford owned the majority of shares) so the memorial company had no debts. Houses were then built on it. £2milion profit for Dunceford and chums, sweet fa for the rugby club.

So in summary. The rugby club were stitched up by their chairman, possibly the directors and Dunceford.

Dunceford obtained £6milion worth of land/property for £2m plus £10,000 for the remaining share, according to his own statement. The rugby club then became tennants in their own home. 50 % of the site was then sold for £4 million for housing (dramatic increase in value for housing). this could easily have been sold by the chairman and cleared his debts and raised money for the rugby club. Perhaps the other land at Filton had something to do with why it was not.

This non deal with Amtrak was probably a smokescreen or big stick to push the deal through, it's still being used as such by certain people to portray a different picture from reality.

Oh yes, in 1982 the then directors of BRFC made a last ditch attempt to buy Ashton Gate from BCFC for about £400,000 (well under it's real value) who were in finacial trouble. This was not as some sort of favour to help the club out, it was done because they thought they could get it on the cheap, just like the memorial stadium.

And Dancin Dreaming Danny likes to portray BRFC as moralistic. Just as they're portrayed as the "family club", that's if it's the family from hell.

The moral of this story is. Never get in bed with a gashead, he'll have the roof over your head removed and in his ownership with you as his tennant, before you can say, would you like a coffee.

If you intend putting the record straight, it would help if you got your facts right.

4. Both figures are incorrect - a 50% share of the newly established Memorial Stadium Company was purchased for £2.3m.

6. The arrangement applied equally to both parties in order to protect the other in case of administration. It's not exactly unusual for

football clubs to go into administration. I'm sure we can all think of plenty of examples.

8. The rugby club sold an option to purchase the training ground before Rovers became tenants. Once the option was exercised the

club were powerless to prevent it. The sale prevented the development of the site into anything like the proposed AG set up as

it made it too small.

The Memorial Stadium Company shows no debts (and no assets either) because they were transferred to BRFC 1883Ltd.

I don't believe Rovers acted out of kindness in becoming the ruby club's tenants anymore than they had taken pity on Rovers in inviting them. Clearly both parties had something to gain. The resultant purchase by Rovers is entirely down to massive financial incompetence by the rugby club and the Bristol fans acknowledge that.

The value of £6m is theoretical as it requires a purchaser willing to pay it. There are four professional sports treams in Bristol and City and GCCC own their grounds and don't need one, giving a field of one football team and a distribution company. £2.3m for a half share is a way better deal than less than that for all of it.

• Sorry but you are the ONLY jealous ones in Bristol . Your stadium will be second rate compared to ours without a doubt, yes you are one division ahead of us for at least one more season but with your joke of a manager who couldn't motivate a sack of spuds I think you are in for a tough old season. The only reason Ashton gate is being updated is for the purpose of the Rugby club and you lot know it.Three teams in Ashton and you will be bottom of the pile. 1.BRISTOL RUGBY CLUB 2.BRISTOL ACADEMY LADIES FOOTBALL CLUB 3. BRISTOL CITY FC 1982.
  • Oh and our "soulless bowl" as you put it will have more atmosphere than your crumby stadium ever has. Have you got any other song than "Come on you reds"?
Good to see that you lot are still happy to trot out the old line about atmosphere at AG, whilst completely forgetting the large number of threads on your own forum about atmosphere, or severe lack of, at your own stolen ground.

If you can't get an atmosphere going with terracing, what hope have you got in a soulless bowel.

I work with a few Gas and I'm amazed with their genuine excitement about the new stadium, its awful! It's typical of modern football. Change the seats to red and the 'B'to a 'D' (BRFC) and you've got Doncaster. Give me AG every time. A rebuilt AG is the future.

Forget about them, they've always been the same full of hot air and no class or identity.

I work with a few Gas and I'm amazed with their genuine excitement about the new stadium, its awful! It's typical of modern football. Change the seats to red and the 'B'to a 'D' (BRFC) and you've got Doncaster. Give me AG every time. A rebuilt AG is the future.

Forget about them, they've always been the same full of hot air and no class or identity.

Like i've stated in an earlier post a rebuilt AG is not the answer Some of you have no vision but a lot of bitterness. Bristol needs Two new stadiums or the the respective clubs will die. Its not the 1970's you know..

Well if Horfield copes with 6-7,000 crowds both on Saturdays and midweek then the UWE will be fine, right? After all there's only gonna be 5,000 or so rattling around in there according to your lot ;)

Well if Horfield copes with 6-7,000 crowds both on Saturdays and midweek then the UWE will be fine, right? After all there's only gonna be 5,000 or so rattling around in there according to your lot ;)

the only time youre shite pit will be full is when we play you in a league game!!which the way youre going will be never.the majority of us on here couldnt give a f..k about youre shite team or ground.always in are shadow always will be jog on sag!!!

Like i've stated in an earlier post a rebuilt AG is not the answer Some of you have no vision but a lot of bitterness. Bristol needs Two new stadiums or the the respective clubs will die. Its not the 1970's you know..

I disagree with this statement. A ebuilt AG with a 25K capacity and Executive boxes plus good corporate facilities is what the club require. Even when we were in the Top Flight we rarely got above 25K for games. Clubs today do not make money through gate receipts it is off the field and conferencing that makes money.

So as long as we improve those facilities we can make money.

friendly gas why do you come on here ??? no ones interested in what you say :fastasleep::fastasleep: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz stick to youre own board and as for youre soulless bowl ,matchdays will be something like this :tumbleweed::fingerscrossed:

Why would I have any reason to rage at you and anything you say? Given our respective clubs' positions and everything that you can wish to compare between the two clubs favouring BCFC, I fail to comprehend your statement?

You were right to be terrified though.

Yes Frederick,

Absolutely terrified :laugh:

If you are not interested in us and not jealous then what other reason can you have for starting this thread? Be very worried you are in a downward spiral that started at least three years ago and you know it. Lansdown City will need a lot more money ploughed into it to turn the trend.

If you are not interested in us and not jealous then what other reason can you have for starting this thread?

Clearly you're confusing taking the piss with being jealous.

I've ignored the rest of your post because its just the same tired old Gas chutney about "a new era's coming", impending doom for City, financial problemzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If you are not interested in us and not jealous then what other reason can you have for starting this thread? Be very worried you are in a downward spiral that started at least three years ago and you know it. Lansdown City will need a lot more money ploughed into it to turn the trend.

It's called laughing at the local minnows, how many reds post on your forum?

At a guess I'd say you could count them on one hand, that's without even the need of using your sixth finger, remember, your club banned a lot of posters' because you like to give it, but can't take it.

As for downward spirals, yeah we may have our ups and down, but I bet a fair percentage of your fans have never seen your club above the league one.

BRFC heading down since 1883.

In our shadow forever.

That would be the 'Lansdown City' that is behind the egg chasers and womens football team according to your shower?

Please feel free to enlighten us why we are now 3rd in SL's priorities when he has already stated that the football club is and always will be his TOP PRIORITY plus the debt would NOT be called in?

It would be interesting to read your facts to back this statement up TBH as I can't find anything which says SL is losing interest in BCFC, quite the opposite in fact. I assume it's the usual inferiority complex of gas heads where we are concerned?

Yes cu we will be blown away by the new gate.. :laugh:

With all due respect, it is pretty impressive Pepsi, more so than the Keepmoat in Frenchay. Bear in mind, we have been playing at a level where new stadiums, far bigger than the Keepmoat in Frenchay, are relatively common. I appreciate you are all very excited but it really is a very ordinary ground whereas the redeveloped Gate or the Vale would be in keeping with the type of stadium we have been visiting, in fact the Vale would be an awful lot better than most!

As I said, you lot can have your moment because we will show it for what it is (once we start work), a very ordinary, quite uninspring bowl, the like of which is very common around the country.

With all due respect, it is pretty impressive Pepsi, more so than the Keepmoat in Frenchay. Bear in mind, we have been playing at a level where new stadiums, far bigger than the Keepmoat in Frenchay, are relatively common. I appreciate you are all very excited but it really is a very ordinary ground whereas the redeveloped Gate or the Vale would be in keeping with the type of stadium we have been visiting, in fact the Vale would be an awful lot better than most!

As I said, you lot can have your moment because we will show it for what it is (once we start work), a very ordinary, quite uninspring bowl, the like of which is very common around the country.

Most new grounds seem to involve a bowl. All the lower tier at AV is a bowl and with the exception of the Atyeo stand, it would appear from the images that the same is true for the AG redevelopment (which incidentally I think looks interestingly quirky). I don't like the AV design, because to me the stands along side the pitch are overpoweringly large compared to those at the ends. It would be like watching football in a corridor.

As for UWE I hope the club make the inside distinctive. I rather like the outside appearance, it seems to have rather more quality than similar recent efforts. Should we ever need that second tier, then I think that will give the interior a greater individuality.

Most new grounds seem to involve a bowl. All the lower tier at AV is a bowl and with the exception of the Atyeo stand, it would appear from the images that the same is true for the AG redevelopment (which incidentally I think looks interestingly quirky). I don't like the AV design, because to me the stands along side the pitch are overpoweringly large compared to those at the ends. It would be like watching football in a corridor.

As for UWE I hope the club make the inside distinctive. I rather like the outside appearance, it seems to have rather more quality than similar recent efforts. Should we ever need that second tier, then I think that will give the interior a greater individuality.

Can't disagree with that and I understand your excitement. All I am saying is that there are many similar stadia around the country so I am sure you can understand our blase attitude towards the Frenchay Keepmoat. IMHO, it's purely practical yet depressingly famiiar.

Why did they start this, and numerous other, threads about us?

Because they're hurting, Friendly Gas, for so long they've been saying how superior they are (for being in the fortunate position of having a billionaire fan to underwrite their massive debts) yet here they are back in the lower leagues despite all that expenditure, almost unique the lack of success for a club with 'new wealth' (think how well the likes of Wigan, Reading, Fulham, Man City, Southampton, Cardiff etc etc have done with multi-millionaire backers and contrast that to City).

And now with 'little Yeovil' potentially on the cusp of overtaking them as the self-proclaimed 'top team in the West' (although as I type Brentford have just pulled a goal back at 1-2) they need to release steam to vent their frustrations.

They know that the UWE is far superior to the Mem and think that it hurts us by suggesting its a 'soulless bowl' and outside Bristol, and they know that this *could* be a catalyst for Rovers to succeed.

It's just their way of dealing with their pain, lashing out and trying to deflect from their own inadequate shortcomings. It's understandable and part of the normal grieving process of their fall from grace.

. AV is different again in that you walk down into the bowl from ground level with individual stands above it, but the goal ends do need some work....well, a lot of work.

The same as the UWE then, ground level is the top of the stands and you approach the seating bowl from the top, eliminating the need for vomitories

And talking of lack of morals, there's only one professional football club in Bristol that has ALWAYS honoured it debts, paid creditors in full and cut its cloth according to its means. Can you look in the mirror and say City have done the same?

when your situation arises, and it will, we'll see how it works. WE may have been the first, but we are by no means the only club to have done this. Thats the way it is in football. Get off your high horse, its not much of an arguement for a football club that has spent the vast majority of my lifetime watching City, calling itself BRISTOL Rovers, and not even playing in Bristol, and oh look your gonna be playing in S Glos. Will You become South Glos Franchise FC????? MK Mongs are more honest than you pikey ******s ever will be.

**** off Irene..............

Archived