IGNORED

Rovers Ground

Super

Stadium seems ok - crowd really close to the pitch / good views / facilities - not bad looking really. Transport links, well probably some of the best of any ground..... it's better than the current AG - and probably as good / close to what we will end up with in 3-4 years time.... so good luck to them.

Just hope we get our stadium Av or AG sorted as well and have a decent stadium......

5c3a904709caa6ab3898a0caf6d21d07.png

a83b15887e59a36d9775a2c875b0603a.png

8731cd66f6a1b0c8b3bba8cfc2f97985.png

Stadium seems ok - crowd really close to the pitch / good views / facilities - not bad looking really. Transport links, well probably some of the best of any ground..... it's better than the current AG - and probably as good / close to what we will end up with in 3-4 years time.... so good luck to them.

Just hope we get our stadium Av or AG sorted as well and have a decent stadium......

Yep , fair play to them. When (if) it's built it will be something for them to be proud of , instead of their historical gypsy like existence. I prefer older type stadia personally , which is why I hope we can stay at AG and hold onto some of her more redeeming features.

Those pictures you've posted are slightly misleading though , there are fans in them !!!

DISCLAIMER (especially for towngas)

You might find within my post slight grammatical or spelling errors.Please accept my apologies, but if it offends you so much please visit website www.geta****inglifeyousad****.co.uk.

Thank You

Fair play to Rovers and it is better than the mem but it is ******* horrendous.

Actually - two new football Stadia in Bristol will be good for the City as a whole. Bristol will cease to be a footballing backwater.

The red team doing well in the Premier League and the blue one probably punching a bit over their weight but just about holding their own in the 2nd division.

I understand your directors were whooping with joy and dancing a merry little jig at the news that Rovers were having to relocate to Bath. Apparently delighted they would have the opportunity to secure all support from within Bristol. Rovers in Bath for how many years? all the advantages of your own stadium, exclusivity of support for all those years, a multi-millionaire chairman, yet you now have debts of £42 million+ and have just been relegated. Oh, and no new ground.

Wow!

Do you have proof that our board of directors were 'whooping with joy' at your move to Bath or are you just doing that thing that most Gasheads do...making stuff up inside your own peanut brain and then passing it off as fact. If you morons spent less time w*nk*ng yourselves stupid trying to make out you've scored some sort of victory against us because your plans have been accepted you wouldn't look like such sad ****s.

Well done on the new stadium, I don't think it looks particularly original but that's my own personal opinion and I wouldn't swap it for the current AG, let alone a redeveloped AG. The vast majority of City fans really aren't bothered by you getting a new ground, some even wish you well so stop being so ******* needy all the time and concentrate on you're own club.

Now ****off!

Do you have proof that our board of directors were 'whooping with joy' at your move to Bath or are you just doing that thing that most Gasheads do...making stuff up inside your own peanut brain and then passing it off as fact. If you morons spent less time w*nk*ng yourselves stupid trying to make out you've scored some sort of victory against us because your plans have been accepted you wouldn't look like such sad ****s.

Well done on the new stadium, I don't think it looks particularly original but that's my own personal opinion and I wouldn't swap it for the current AG, let alone a redeveloped AG. The vast majority of City fans really aren't bothered by you getting a new ground, some even wish you well so stop being so ******* needy all the time and concentrate on you're own club.

Now ****off!

To be fair, he was only responding to the accusation that the Rovers Directors were 'whooping with joy' when the rugby club went into admin.... where is the proof of that? So doing that thing that most City fans do then, making stuff up inside their own peanut brains and passing it off as fact .... ^_^

And Bristol Rovers have always fulfilled their financial obligations?.... Tell me they have (even though I know they haven't) or you're going to look very silly.

Yes.

I would really be interested in any info you have to back up your comment.

No? I thought not.

To be fair, he was only responding to the accusation that the Rovers Directors were 'whooping with joy' when the rugby club went into admin.... where is the proof of that? ...

Given what the Gas got out of the deal, I find it hard to believe that the Rovers Directors weren't 'whooping for joy'. Towngas believing that Rovers moving to Bath sparked off party popper celebrations in the AG boardroom sounds typically ridiculous. Unlike Psycic Rovers fans, I don't know what will happen in the future but up until now you generally haven't been that much of a threat to us.

Like I say, if you actually got behind your team and stopped concentrating on what we do then perhaps you could present some sort of challenge.

Edit for Towngas...yes, I know I spelt Psychic incorrectly.

Yes.

I would really be interested in any info you have to back up your comment.

No? I thought not.

Prove to me that the St Johns Ambulance were tucked up by City and I'll happily provide you with the proof, or at least the name of the companies, that were tucked up by Bristol Rovers in 1985.

Over to you, our latest moral crusader.

Go on then, name those examples where they haven't paid what they legitimately should have (not including any contractual disputes etc that ANY company or individual might legally refuse to pay).

I'm not suggesting you're wrong, as clearly you have insider info on certain things, it's just that I'm not aware of the club not fulfilling any obligations that they are legally obliged to do so (i.e. where they have defaulted or 'ripped-off' anyone) and I'd genuinely like to know if this has happened. If you're right then there should be no legal recourse on what you say on here as stating the truth is not libel or slander.

You're nearly as boring as your new stadium's design.

Looking forward to life in League Two again next season?

Prove to me that the St Johns Ambulance were tucked up by City and I'll happily provide you with the proof, or at least the name of the companies, that were tucked up by Bristol Rovers in 1985.

Over to you, our latest moral crusader.

No sag could ever truely claim the moral high ground,I mean this is a club that had two players banned for taking bribes to throw a game.

There's so much wrong with this post it's untrue and shows you know NOTHING of the history of the Mem sale.

First off, the rugby club were in financial trouble about to sell the WHOLE site to Amtrak for the same price (£2.5m) as Rovers paid for HALF of the site (50% share). They wanted to turn it into a Distribution Centre. So Rovers, in fact, enabled the rugby club to retain half their ground and retain rugby at the Memorial Ground way beyond when they would have forced out under the Amtrak deal. Yet you say they have no morals and shafted the rugby club?

Just out of interest Danny, you lot like to paint yourselves as heroes for saving the Rugby club and Memorial Ground from Amtrak and their proposed Distribution Centre, did Amtrak actually have planning permission in place to turn he Mem into a distribution centre or are you just hamming it up to make you look good?

Genuine question.

Really? When was that?

1963 I think,banned for life.Better off asking esmond millions bung,hence his user name.I only know because my old man used to use it during discussions with gas heads,to which they had no answer.

Apparently, Severcider is a City fan and not some sad act who registers on a rival fans forum pretending to be one of them.

Wow, he doing a great impression of a sag,maybe he should appear on Britain's got talent,oh hang on,maybe not.

Just out of interest Danny, you lot like to paint yourselves as heroes for saving the Rugby club and Memorial Ground from Amtrak and their proposed Distribution Centre, did Amtrak actually have planning permission in place to turn he Mem into a distribution centre or are you just hamming it up to make you look good?

Genuine question.

No, because the Rugby club sold to us instead as it was a better offer. The Amtrak deal / planning never got that far, but that was absolutely the intention of the Amtrak bid, which Bristol Rugby would have accepted without Rovers counter offer.

1963 I think,banned for life.Better off asking esmond millions bung,hence his user name.I only know because my old man used to use it during discussions with gas heads,to which they had no answer.

Exactly, 2 cheating players banned for life for taking bribes, and quite rightly so. Not the club's doing, 2 players acting independently.

Exactly, 2 cheating players banned for life for taking bribes, and quite rightly so. Not the club's doing, 2 players acting independently.

Employed by the club though,and surely two people can't act independently,they where acting together.

No, because the Rugby club sold to us instead as it was a better offer. The Amtrak deal / planning never got that far, but that was absolutely the intention of the Amtrak bid, which Bristol Rugby would have accepted without Rovers counter offer.

I just wondered because you and many other Gasheads say that the Rugby club would have been forced out had it not been for noble Rovers buying the Mem. The reality is that Amtrak (IF, they had gone ahead and tried to buy the Mem) still would of had the very large hurdle of getting planning permission for a distribution centre on the site. So the purchase and implementation of any plans was not a forgone conclusion.

Besides, If Rovers hadnt paid more than Amtak, surely you would also have been made homeless? Rovers then went on to sell the Mem to Sainsburys who will obviously not be using it for sporting purposes which suggests BRFC are no better than Amtrak.

Still, it's all done and dusted and no laws have been broken so fair enough. I just don't really see the diffrence between Amtrak all those years ago and BRFC today.

Archived