IGNORED

Typical Johnson

GrahamC

People can say what they want about Johnson, but he has been the best manager we have had in a long time. Yes it was the right time for him to leave, but he took us within touching distance of the Premier League and the job he has done at Yeovil is nothing short of astonishing. You have to take your hat off to him, well done and to be honest I'm absolutely delighted for him and Macca.

People can say what they want about Johnson, but he has been the best manager we have had in a long time. Yes it was the right time for him to leave, but he took us within touching distance of the Premier League and the job he has done at Yeovil is nothing short of astonishing. You have to take your hat off to him, well done and to be honest I'm absolutely delighted for him and Macca.

+1

My thoughts exactly fella

Actually I do not think it's all 'Johnson Magic'

I believe it's what you get when everything is in place the Manager,Players,Staff, Fans and Boardroom.

A very slightly bitter well done to Yeovil & AFC B'mth for that matter........ But I'm still BCFC and can only hope we now see a way forward.......

I think I am right in saying that Gary Johnson has taken Yeovil from the Conference to the Championship, in that every promotion they have acheived has been under his management.

Has anyone done this before?

Bullying those players into The Championship....

Wow, how is sarcasm lost on so many!

I am delighted for GJ and the club! They will be my team in the Championship next season...And as I have said we could not have a better motivation....Good luck to us and them for next season....How many of our players will GJ want???

Wow, how is sarcasm lost on so many!

I am delighted for GJ and the club! They will be my team in the Championship next season...And as I have said we could not have a better motivation....Good luck to us and them for next season....How many of our players will GJ want???

Well bully for you then , as you're so delighted perhaps you'd like to p**s off down to Yeovil as a season ticket holder and then you can make Bristol City your team in L1.

Well bully for you then , as you're so delighted perhaps you'd like to p**s off down to Yeovil as a season ticket holder and then you can make Bristol City your team in L1.

Bit of a waste of money, season ticket holder living in Chicago!

Do you realize that next season, if we beat Yeovil in the league or FA cup it will now be classed as a giant killing :shocking:

P.S.An FA cup giantkiiling is highly unlikely, as we would have to reach the third round in order to have a chance of meeting Yeovil!

Well done Johnson. You left a shambles of a club like us and have won another promotion. Good luck Yeovil.

Don't be daft it was his abysmal signings and long contracts that started the rot at the gate and created the shambles as you put it.. Good manager overall but he lost the plot in his last 18 months and with help from the hapless millen, bottler coppell and abysmal McInnes we are still paying for it now.

Johnson was taking us down in his last season for sure.

Don't be daft it was his abysmal signings and long contracts that started the rot at the gate and created the shambles as you put it.. Good manager overall but he lost the plot in his last 18 months and with help from the hapless millen, bottler coppell and abysmal McInnes we are still paying for it now.

Johnson was taking us down in his last season for sure.

We needed 2 points to stay up with about 15 games to go, he would of got them

Anyway I wish it was the players that left not him,

He wouldn't of put up with the crap this season that's for sure

Who would believe it..

10 years ago...

That famous slope...

And now above us...

Well done to the Glovers, and my Cousins who have always lived in our shadows...

Top bloke Mr Johnston...

It was nearer 25 years ago they left the slope for the new ground.

We needed 2 points to stay up with about 15 games to go, he would of got them

Anyway I wish it was the players that left not him,

He wouldn't of put up with the crap this season that's for sure

Spoken from the benefit of hindsight.

Johnson had to go and was the right decision at the time.

Personally couldn't give a shot about Yeovil apart from the fact I find it embrassing that they are now a league above us.

Spoken from the benefit of hindsight.

Johnson had to go and was the right decision at the time.

Personally couldn't give a shot about Yeovil apart from the fact I find it embrassing that they are now a league above us.

Was it time for him to go or time for him to rebuild a squad?

I suggest the latter but hay ho its all in hindsight isn't it me babbers

The problem with what GJ has done at Yeovil is that he's destroyed that clubs future.

Yes,great achievement getting promotion, but all Yeovil now have is a 1st team. No reserves,no youth team and no centre of excellence,nothing.

When the inevitable happens and Yeovil come back down,the club is going to fall like a stone because there is no back up.

He's put all his eggs in one basket,you can only do that short term,you have to have a long term plan ( this is partly why City have struggled,because GJ didnt put any long term plan in place, it was all now now now) City are big enough to come back, but, in 2 years time Yeovil could well be in free fall.

The problem with what GJ has done at Yeovil is that he's destroyed that clubs future.

Yes,great achievement getting promotion, but all Yeovil now have is a 1st team. No reserves,no youth team and no centre of excellence,nothing.

When the inevitable happens and Yeovil come back down,the club is going to fall like a stone because there is no back up.

He's put all his eggs in one basket,you can only do that short term,you have to have a long term plan ( this is partly why City have struggled,because GJ didnt put any long term plan in place, it was all now now now) City are big enough to come back, but, in 2 years time Yeovil could well be in free fall.

Yep, very much playing a short term game, did the same here, no youth came through and signed endless amount of ageing players on the way down, whilst giving long term deals to players who were past their best,

Yeovil can enjoy the success now, but they can easily fail as quick as they have risen

No money, attendances of 4k, they stand little chance of surviving, still enjoy the ride while they can,

Archived