IGNORED

Typical Johnson

GrahamC

Yep, very much playing a short term game, did the same here, no youth came through and signed endless amount of ageing players on the way down, whilst giving long term deals to players who were past their best,

Yeovil can enjoy the success now, but they can easily fail as quick as they have risen

And they could push on and make a play off final again next season....

Wow, how is sarcasm lost on so many!

I am delighted for GJ and the club! They will be my team in the Championship next season...And as I have said we could not have a better motivation....Good luck to us and them for next season....How many of our players will GJ want???

Probably none! why would he want our rubbish? my money's on Maynard to join them on loan however. He will fall out of favour at Cardiff.

The problem with what GJ has done at Yeovil is that he's destroyed that clubs future.

Yes,great achievement getting promotion, but all Yeovil now have is a 1st team. No reserves,no youth team and no centre of excellence,nothing.

When the inevitable happens and Yeovil come back down,the club is going to fall like a stone because there is no back up.

He's put all his eggs in one basket,you can only do that short term,you have to have a long term plan ( this is partly why City have struggled,because GJ didnt put any long term plan in place, it was all now now now) City are big enough to come back, but, in 2 years time Yeovil could well be in free fall.

The didn't destroy that the prem did Yeovil shut down there youth team before fi went back there them and a fair few other clubs couldn't afford to run it

Don't be daft it was his abysmal signings and long contracts that started the rot at the gate and created the shambles as you put it.. Good manager overall but he lost the plot in his last 18 months and with help from the hapless millen, bottler coppell and abysmal McInnes we are still paying for it now.

Johnson was taking us down in his last season for sure.

What about Basso Keogh Ruddy on loan

You got to take your hat off to the man imo.crowds and a budget lower than probably half of division 4 teams and just to be up near the top and challenging all season should be seen as a great job done by everyone at yeovil.now gone and taken the final promotion place and far and away exceeded where even the most ardent yeovil fan hoped they might achieve.far more difficult for them to get to the championship than for us to reach the prem I would say.wether he can work the loan market and wheel and deal so well now they are up is gonna be open to question, survival in the championship will surely be very difficult for them to achieve but they've already reached their promised land so well done to them.

Whatever you think about Johnson, he was better than any of the managers we've had since.

Call him a bully if you like, but our namby-pamby overpaid "stars" had to be managed with an iron fist in a velvet glove...and still do.

What good did being "Mr Nice Guy" do for Millen or McInnes?

Managers who are firm and tough bring success - Shankly at Liverpool, Baconface at Man U, Mourinho at Chelski, Ron Saunders at Villa, Don Revie at Leeds. They were feared and respected by their players who called them "Boss" and meant it.

Well done Mr Johnson - top man!

Enjoy the quality football and atmospheres that we won't.

The problem with what GJ has done at Yeovil is that he's destroyed that clubs future.

Yes,great achievement getting promotion, but all Yeovil now have is a 1st team. No reserves,no youth team and no centre of excellence,nothing.

When the inevitable happens and Yeovil come back down,the club is going to fall like a stone because there is no back up.

He's put all his eggs in one basket,you can only do that short term,you have to have a long term plan ( this is partly why City have struggled,because GJ didnt put any long term plan in place, it was all now now now) City are big enough to come back, but, in 2 years time Yeovil could well be in free fall.

The club has put all it's eggs in one basket, GJ dosen't own the club.

Probably none! why would he want our rubbish? my money's on Maynard to join them on loan however. He will fall out of favour at Cardiff.

I agree Hippy however the rumours are Rife on the forum as below!

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that GJ would try to tempt ex City Supporters Chairman Robbored down to Yeovil to help rekindle the old magic they once shared in The Championship with BCFC?

Been looking around the football forum/rumor sites this morning and noticed a recurring rumor that seems to be gathering pace and may well please many City fans. Liam Fontaine, Neil Kilkenny and Baldock are now all linked heavily with moves away from Ashton Gate.

• Gary Johnson looks to raid old club Bristol City for Fonts (apparently he's keen for as new challenge and to work with GJ again) and Kilkenny.

• Sammy looks likely to link up with ex-keeper Tom Heaton at Burnley, as Sean Dyshe is thought to want to hold talks with him for a quick fire return to the championship.

Anyone heard about anybody else wanting to jump ship? I'm worried come start of season, we wont be able to field a team!

Managers who are firm and tough bring success - Shankly at Liverpool, Baconface at Man U, Mourinho at Chelski, Ron Saunders at Villa, Don Revie at Leeds. They were feared and respected by their players who called them "Boss" and meant it.

Bit disrespectful isn't it? :rofl2br:

.....I assume you mean Fergie the red nosed whinger.

The didn't destroy that the prem did Yeovil shut down there youth team before fi went back there them and a fair few other clubs couldn't afford to run it

No your wrong,GJ was involved in shutting Yeovil's COE down at the end of last season.

He's now just shut down the clubs u18 team down as well.

Disgusting thought to bully players into performing, rather they collect their vast pay packets and do sod all. We are where we are because we respected our players more than our manager

Yes, totally unfair making the poor wage slaves toil for their Inadequate pittance. Bullying, I calls it :(

Indeed. Look what we've gained from ours :noexp:

Didn't say that our Youth System has been run properly - and you are right, look at where the mis-management starting from the Board in terms of the Academy has got us in comparison to clubs like Southampton, Cardiff and West Brom who all fund and run theirs properly. At least our Board have woken up however and things should improve.

Yeovil do not have any club infrastructure now that Johnson has obliterated the Reserve and Youth set-ups and whilst I can applaud them on their success there will be no long term stay at that level for them in my opinion. Everything is short term there from what I can see. A bit like his tenure at the Gate in fact. "Clubs in the bag" didn't help us in the long run but we did have some great fun for a couple of seasons.

Didn't say that our Youth System has been run properly - and you are right, look at where the mis-management starting from the Board in terms of the Academy has got us in comparison to clubs like Southampton, Cardiff and West Brom who all fund and run theirs properly. At least our Board have woken up however and things should improve.

Yeovil do not have any club infrastructure now that Johnson has obliterated the Reserve and Youth set-ups and whilst I can applaud them on their success there will be no long term stay at that level for them in my opinion. Everything is short term there from what I can see. A bit like his tenure at the Gate in fact. "Clubs in the bag" didn't help us in the long run but we did have some great fun for a couple of seasons.

We've always funded it well but the coaching set up has been incorrect for years you can't blame the board for that,

You have to blame Wilson tinman Johnson and Millen

The only one who started to put it right was mcinnes under the current board and sod is continuing that good work

We'll start to see the effects of that in 3 or 4 years but most of our fans won't wait and start calling it an expensive waste of money again

We've always funded it well but the coaching set up has been incorrect for years you can't blame the board for that,

You have to blame Wilson tinman Johnson and Millen

The only one who started to put it right was mcinnes under the current board and sod is continuing that good work

We'll start to see the effects of that in 3 or 4 years but most of our fans won't wait and start calling it an expensive waste of money again

Tbf it has been an expensive waste of money and until it starts producing decent players who go on to play many games for us it's a perception that won't be easy to change.

Tbf it has been an expensive waste of money and until it starts producing decent players who go on to play many games for us it's a perception that won't be easy to change.

Very pleased someone has pointed this out.

It's a colossal waste of money when you consider what else this money could buy.

The return on investment, even for academies that are deemed 'successful' is rubbish when analysed objectively.

Massive waste of money.

How much does it cost to train, staff and build the academy infrastructure? And then absorb that cost across the years it take to craft a single usuable player from that group and you'll find you're investing £m's to produce pretty average product.

But don't let financial reality get in the way of the dream that BCFC might produce the next Messi, if only the board threw more money into the pit.

You can see how much the yeovil players hate him can't you!

...sure can!.a bully that gets the best out of different groups of people in different locations and has people happy to re-join him again having worked with him before??..sounds more like a very tidy man-manager to me.Congratulations to Yoevil Town,players,fans and Managment-very well done indeed..

Usual BS then Monkeh? Wilson's team was full of youngsters, I count 6 in the squad from the play off final for example, Tinns had at least 5 vs Swansea when we got trounced for example as well. It was Johnson that started the rot with the youth's after initially favouring them, and then abandoning them completely. Many fans have taken this to mean that the academy suddenly became rubbish, however seeing as we never played anyone we will never know

Millen started the restructure of the academy in it's current form, but why let that get in the way of a good academy bashing thread

To see if they are good enough, we have to play them not waste them on loan elsewhere. It's that simple!

It hasnt, there are many players who are ex academy in the league, Ive detailed them before. That we chose not to play them is our own stupid fault!

So as you say Wilson's team was full of youngsters, but he failed to get us promoted!

GJ never used em and had some success promotion etc

In Millen's miserable tenure, he used em but was then sacked within a year.

It would appear GJ was right not to put too much faith in our then poor crop of useless talent.

Perhaps the one good thing that will come out of McInnes stint, is that we may finally be attracting the right talent and more to the point coaching staff!

...sure can!.a bully that gets the best out of different groups of people in different locations and has people happy to re-join him again having worked with him before??..sounds more like a very tidy man-manager to me.Congratulations to Yoevil Town,players,fans and Managment-very well done indeed..

Don't be daft it was his abysmal signings and long contracts that started the rot at the gate and created the shambles as you put it.. Good manager overall but he lost the plot in his last 18 months and with help from the hapless millen, bottler coppell and abysmal McInnes we are still paying for it now.

Johnson was taking us down in his last season for sure.

...save your bitterness for those truly to blame-the board..they made the decisions to offer Millen and Del contracts,nobody else made these decisions.when SOD gets tired of this shambles and BCFC board offer me a jucy contract to take over from him don't blame me if I snap it up!!!

Archived