IGNORED

Willie Mcstay? - Well He's Mcgone......

Mendip City

hi mate, i believe alex russell works with the u19 set up, whereas mcstay was running the u21s, but i stand to be corrected if thats not accurate

Pretty sure Russell is U21 manager whereas McStay was in charge of the Academy overall.

It does seem odd, if McStay re-surfaces in the next week or so in a job in Scotland then we can all assume it was his choice to go, but otherwise the rapidity of turnover in the coaching staff is worrying and is certainly not conducive to consistency.

As for Tinnion, I have to say I don’t have a strong view either way on him coming back, he has certainly been away from the club for long enough but as to whether he’s the best person for the job I simply don’t know.

I certainly wouldn’t have a lot of money on our Scottish physio still being here by August, though…

Any chance of hiring one of the united coaches that just got released? Would bring some real quality to the coaching team

The chap with the foreign name Rene something ? is one of the favourites for the Wigan job.

The whole point is that it shouldnt be the manager calling the shots. The direction and vision should be the same and the manager/head should be an interchangable part of the system not the creator of the system. So the vision can have some continuity

It's been relayed several times, iirc that they, the board were looking for a more stable structure however, this summer has seen pretty much most of the coaching and fitness staff leave. So much for a progressive vision, if we are starting, er again, from er scratch.

The overtones of McStay signing were that he was in it for the long haul and to get Catergory 2. This would suggest, that we havent got Catergory 2, potentially

While I can understand your thinking RMLF, it seems to me that while SOD has bought in to what the club is trying to achieve, the club has also bought into SOD's football philosophy. There has rightly been much criticism in the past that the club has not had football people providing strategic direction, so it makes complete sense to me that the club charges SOD with doing just that and to establish foundations for the club's longer term plans on the pitch. Once these foundations are established, then the club takes ownership of the structure (sorry if that sounds a bit corporate speak) so that whenever SOD leaves they can recruit the right man, who is able to fit in with the club's structure and philosophy and without making the wholesale changes that have plagued our recent past.

You say that SOD should not be the creator of the system, but if not him then who? Would we want the board making decisions about the way the clubs football philosophy is put into action, the type of players we recruit, and how we coach young players so they play the Bristol City way?

Given the above, perhaps McStay didn't buy into the club's new philosophy or was under performing, If so, then given the bigger picture it is best that he goes now and we bring in a man who is prepared to work to SOD's blueprint. If that man is Tinnion, then we have to trust SOD's judgement that he is the right man in footballing terms, not just because he is an ex player.

As for starting from scratch. For the last few seasons, and managers, we've had tweaks here and there, changes in coaching staff here and there, and players coming and going. All that achieved was relegation, so perhaps it is no bad thing starting from scratch, with a blank piece of paper. It can hardly be worse than what's gone before.

Dismantled!

So you know it was the club who got rid of Mcstay! Or maybe he just wanted to move back north, or a better opportunity elsewhere is available to him.

Still any little snippet to have a pop at the club will do I suppose.

Just the standard Over-reaction by some on here.

Yay, another overreaction and pointless dig at the club.

Agreed. Usual manic depressives coming to the for.

God people like to have a good moan don't they - The club is trying to set up a firm foundation for the development of the Academy and first team and a coaching set up to encourage players to come here, develop and break into the first team, reducing the need for signings, and creating players to play the "Bristol City" style of football - what that style will be still remains to be seen, and I imagine there will be many changes until we have all the round pegs in the right holes. Maybe McStay was oval or square, offered a different role, family wanted him back, mum is ill....maybe he wasn't working out, having a detrimental effect on the academy so was asked to leave... no one here knows, so why everyone defaults to the doom and gloom and taking of their gloves quickly to bash the club yet again - when it could be a positive, or personal reasons........

God people like to have a good moan don't they - The club is trying to set up a firm foundation for the development of the Academy and first team and a coaching set up to encourage players to come here, develop and break into the first team, reducing the need for signings, and creating players to play the "Bristol City" style of football - what that style will be still remains to be seen, and I imagine there will be many changes until we have all the round pegs in the right holes. Maybe McStay was oval or square, offered a different role, family wanted him back, mum is ill....maybe he wasn't working out, having a detrimental effect on the academy so was asked to leave... no one here knows, so why everyone defaults to the doom and gloom and taking of their gloves quickly to bash the club yet again - when it could be a positive, or personal reasons........

Sounds plausible , especially after hearing John Pemberton's interview on player. I reckon he's going to play a big part in making sure the strategy is implemented from top to bottom.

simple question,

Do you want the same coaching set up and staff that achieved relegation or do you want a fresh apporch,

This just seems to be another in a long line of threads designed to slag of the board and the club

I can't see why there has to be all this knocking the club over the leaving of a coach. People are just assuming he got sacked. I don't think so - being a McInnes' man I expect he is off to Aberdeen. Back to Scotland, and working with a man he knows and understands. That is an attraction to him. It happens all the time in football. It happens a lot in business in all walks of life. I've seen it a lot in the businesses I have worked in. And if he isn't off to Scotland to a new role perhaps he departed because he didn't get on particularly well with SOD or was uncomfortable with the "new" BCFC policies etc. etc. blah blah. Him going is not great problem for this club at all in my estimation.

Who takes over from him is of more importance.

At the moment we seem able to lose/get rid of people let's just hope we will be as adept as getting in the ones we want.particularly the new centre half.As for Tinnion if he is suitability qualified and with the right experience of this sort of job then it would be great to have him.If it just because he is Tinnion and loves the club, as before, then let's not touch him with a bargepole.

Have a feeling we won't get Category 2, think that will go to bigger clubs and the youth production line that is Crewe Alexandra.

Hope I'm wrong but all these changes can't be good.

I can't see us not getting it. We have done all thats required, so shouldn't have a problem.

Well by those grounds SO'D would have to go, seeing as his record here is worse than Del's? So where is your caveat in that case? Unless you are suggesting he goes too?

As for same coaching and staff that achieved relegation. That would be down to the points gained on the pitch following a manager's/headcoaches directions, surely. The idea of coaches and such like is to improve skills, maintain fitness etc. help develop players personally and professionally etc. How have the ones released failed on that score?. They dont play the matches nor select the team or the tactics

yes worse record using McInne's coaches and playing staff no chance to bring his own in,

Judge So'd on the 2013/14 season, if he gets a comfitable mid table to play-off finish he's stopped the rot and can build on it

I can't see us not getting it. We have done all thats required, so shouldn't have a problem.

The FA have an agenda regarding EPPP, they want the best players at the biggest clubs and there will be only a few club will get awarded Category 1 status. Probably the top 4 + Liverpool, Spurs, WHAM & a couple of others.

Championship clubs like Birmingham, Leicester etc, etc, will get Category 2 and smaller clubs, like us, will get Category 3. All L2 clubs will be Category 4.

Although we have everything that is required for Category 2 status, I have a feeling we aren't part of the FAs C2 agenda.

Archived