IGNORED

Willie Mcstay? - Well He's Mcgone......

Mendip City

So this great new setup we have seems to be being dismatled around our ears. There people were supposedly spot on for the job and the brave new era just a few months ago! What has changed in shuch a short time? Our relegation should not have made a bit of difference to this setup?!

Yay, business as normal then. *World's Biggest Facepalm*

Same Old City

Not really he was mcinnes's appointment and so'd wants his own man there it's good news that the club are allowing our head coach to bring his own team in rather then work with what you got like Johnson copout and Millen had too

So this great new setup we have seems to be being dismatled around our ears. There people were supposedly spot on for the job and the brave new era just a few months ago! What has changed in shuch a short time? Our relegation should not have made a bit of difference to this setup?!

Dismantled!

So you know it was the club who got rid of Mcstay! Or maybe he just wanted to move back north, or a better opportunity elsewhere is available to him.

Still any little snippet to have a pop at the club will do I suppose.

Great title edit, by the way. Well done whoever that was! :laugh:

Be surprised if it's not Tinnion coming back, given the rumours over the last few weeks.

Undecided about that, but can't help feel happy he's back at the club in some way. Quite nice to see qualified people, with City in their hearts, back at the club.

Dismantled!

So you know it was the club who got rid of Mcstay! Or maybe he just wanted to move back north, or a better opportunity elsewhere is available to him.

Still any little snippet to have a pop at the club will do I suppose.

There have been a few people leaving this new setup, not just 1.

I wonder why. I haven't had a pop at anyone, i was wondering why this new setup which was heralded as the way forward is suddenly changing, all these good coaches that are the future of our club seem to go pretty quickly. It is slightly concerning if we cannot hold on to what we were told were top coaches.

Monkeh, it completely flies in the face of continuity, if every thing is forever chopped and changed. This was a trap we were not meant to be falling into under the 'new, new, new new or whatever it is this week, vision'. The idea that every team needs their own bodies in is massively outdated and the noises from the club suggested that they were changing that, only to completely go against it, again.

There's no guarantee it's Tinnion coming in. O'Driscoll obviously wants his own men brought in. Whether that's Tinnion, or no BCFC connection, what does it matter? He's the man calling the shots here, so it's up to him isn't it?!

Interesting to see if it is Tinnion who replaces him.

Difficult to judge whether or not he did a good job during his 12 months here, would be easier to tell after a few years in the role if younger players got themselves into the first team and whether we began regularly producing high quality young players.

Confrimed on main site now.

The article states that SO'D is now looking for a new manager for the development squad. I thought that was Alex Russell's role, or am I miles behind in some news?

hi mate, i believe alex russell works with the u19 set up, whereas mcstay was running the u21s, but i stand to be corrected if thats not accurate

The whole point is that it shouldnt be the manager calling the shots. The direction and vision should be the same and the manager/head should be an interchangable part of the system not the creator of the system. So the vision can have some continuity

It's been relayed several times, iirc that they, the board were looking for a more stable structure however, this summer has seen pretty much most of the coaching and fitness staff leave. So much for a progressive vision, if we are starting, er again, from er scratch

Exactly, which is what people were saying we were doing, yet as soon as we point out things are being changed again, all of a sudden it's okay, the manager must make that choice!

Funny old world

It does seem almost obvious that it is Tinnion, seeing as his step-daughter wrote on facebook, the family is returning from Malaga to Bristol yesterday and now McStay leaves the job that was rumoured he'd be joining.

Do think McStay has done a great job in his short time with us. Our academy does look a hell of a lot stronger now than it was 12 months ago certainly, It's a shame, but strange everyone in the coaching staff wants to leave us for, Do we not have as much money and ambition the board are inviting us to believe. :dunno:

Really? See my response to Monkeh. So how does this fit in with the 5 pillars and continuation, if we are still chopping and changing behind the scenes every 5 minutes. That's Kirk and McStay who've now quit from that role? Anyone else?

How are we chopping and changing it?? The vision and "5 pillars" still stand and the structure of the managment/coaching teams remain.......if Kirk and Mcstay, in your words, quit, what can we do about it? you cant force people to stay

From where i'm standing, everying continues as is and now we look to replace Mcstay with an equally qualified person

Archived